Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Jon's World.

It's like a normal world, only weirder. Now with 100% more poetry!
Rate this Entry

Life Catch Up (Changes & Similarities)

Posted 07-24-2015 at 04:18 PM by An_Jon

This blog's sort of a mishmash of all sorts. Quick life update, something that rankled me, a poem (still writing those) and an assessment about Getdare in light of these changes.

Let's go.

Life Updates

The big one

Ok, so I won't keep you in suspense about the big life update. You may have notices (probably not) that I haven't been here much recently. Here's why:

I'm in a real-life relationship!

She's a female (cold be either with me, let's be honest), about my age, and switches the same as me. We have roughly the same kink interests, went to the same Uni, live in the same city now, and have been friends for about 10 years. We've been together (officially) for a short while now, and I don't recall being happier. We came to know about each other's kinky sides at Uni (drunkenly) and recently decided to follow through on it as pay partners - before making things 'official'.

She isn't going to get a profile on GetDare or anything like that, but she knows about me here. In fact, she's read this before any of you. I am going to stay here, but obviously my involvement will be limited because my evenings are now spent in the company of a human who loves me, and who I love in return. She may get involved on here through my profile, at which point she'll refer to herself at Kat_Nip.

This isn't going to be a thing where we post our relationship and sex-lives online. She never wants a pic of her online, and she wants no more of me going up (I'm hers now, apparently). I'm not going to post stories out what happens, and we'll only take dares on the odd occasion. So yeah, this is a thing, and it's a YAY FOR ME!

New Year's Resolutions

Moving on - I made some resolutions at the start of the year. How are they going, no-one is asking. Well, I'll tell you, no-one.

Become fitter/bigger - Going well. Less time for the gym by I've invested in some weights. Muscle growth is going well.
Eat healthier - I haven't cut out the junk, I've just added more healthy stuff. So whereas I've stuck to this, technically, I'm actually eating more and therefore gaining weight. Rapidly. This is combining with the muscle growth to mean that I'm about stone heavier than I was this time last year. I'm trying, through the help of Kat_Nip to cut down. She's a real motivation here.
Become tidier - Nope. I AM SO BAD AT THIS!
Get through my reading list - Nope. I have no time for reading! This is a sad!
Get a full time job - This is a success! I got a job about 5 months ago, going really well
Write more, and get more work published - I have done none of this personally, but I do business writing for a living. This means I have published a hell of a lot of writing over the last 5 months. So technically - doing it but not doing it.
Improve my personal appearance - Yes, actually. I style my hair and I've bought more grown up clothes. I look quite smart 95% of the time now!
Improve my sleeping pattern - I don't want t talk about it. I'm bad at keeping to routine.

So yeah, that was a challenging list, but I'm doing alright. My main aim is to be tidier and eat better over the remaining 5 months of the year. If I crack that, I'll be fairly happy overall.

That's the end of the life updates - on to a narky thing:

Debate

So I had an almost religious debate recently. It started out politely enough, but then we both descended into stubbornness and personal attacks. I vowed to never talk to the person involved again directly, but, since I see myself as a decent person:

If you're reading this - I'm sorry for my part in that. I think you were wrong, on so many levels, but I should have conducted myself so much better. You deserve to be treated with respect and dignity, I didn't give you that.

I am very, very sorry for that.

Poem

Yes, I'm still doing those. Here's a recent piece I wrote called Strange Man. See if anyone can work out what it's about (or just give me your interpretation, that'd be interesting too).

Enjoy:

Strange Man

Strange Man,
look at me.
Strange Man
look at me,
here I am.
Is my face such
that you,
Strange Man,
can’t bear to stare
for a second,
even when permitted?
What have I done
that repulses you,
Strange Man,
so you can’t look
into my eyes?

Strong Man,
lift me up.
Strong Man,
the Strange Man
can’t see my face.
So many faces,
show me the person,
Strong Man.
Strong Man,
Strange Man
is looking away.
Guide his eyes
to my eyes
Strong Man,
so he can see me –
the Strange Man.

Wise Man,
teach me.
Wise Man,
I have to teach
the Strong Man
to guide
the Strange Man
to look me in the eye.
Wise Man,
Strong Man won’t,
Strange Man can’t,
teach me, Wise Man,
teach me to guide
the Strong Man.
Then Strong Man
can guide Strange Man.

Young Man,
listen.
Young Man,
heed the Wise Man –
he knows the Strong Man
can’t guide the Strange Man,
but the Strange Man
makes the Strong Man strong,
makes the Wise Man wise.
He makes you young,
you,
Young Man.
Learn,
Young Man,
to look yourself in the eye.
The Strange Man cannot.

Conclusion

Where does this leave me and GetDare? Nothing has changed, really. I'm still Jon, I still do bad puns, I'm still deliriously sexy (Kat just affirmed this for me... but she has to right now) and everything else.

I'll be around less, but if you want to chat to me you know where to find me. I recently cleaned out my inbox, so I can be a chatty again!

Have fun y'all.

P.S. Drwarschauu - I want my blog!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 843 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments