Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

Rate this Entry

Bad Us/Why?

Posted 09-15-2009 at 07:09 PM by lokelake
Updated 09-15-2009 at 07:59 PM by lokelake

Bad me and my family. We miss church 2 sundays in a row. This sunday we will go, I am sure. Depp, if you come to our church, it may give us extra motivation to go next sunday

My younger brother with a few other kids are making their confirmation in October. Should be interesting how often they will be going to church after they made their confirmation, lol. Kids in my church have a bad habit of not returning after confirmation.

Why do priests worry about money so much? Why should they worry about not being able to add stuff to the church because of the lack of money? Or improving suff with lack of money? Does God care if a church is all fancy or not? NO!! All God cares about is if people are worrshipping him in a church and going to church. They're priests, shouldn't they not worry about that kind of stuff?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4646 Comments 17
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 17

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Lol. I never was confirmed. I dropped out after the second class.
  2. Old Comment
    If you want me to come, just send plane tickets (I will ).
  3. Old Comment
    You missed church twice. That's Loke in hell
    Posted 09-16-2009 at 03:29 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  4. Old Comment
    TIGER won!!

woohoo
  5. Old Comment
    Why do priests worry about money so much? Why should they worry about not being able to add stuff to the church because of the lack of money? Or improving suff with lack of money? Does God care if a church is all fancy or not? NO!! All God cares about is if people are worrshipping him in a church and going to church. They're priests, shouldn't they not worry about that kind of stuff?

A church is a building, built by man as a place of worship to a perceived entity, in this instance God. Being a structure made of physical materials and bound to this plane of existence, its integrity is paramount, as is its presentation. In order to achieve some form of luxury designed to emulate the greatness of God but also provide wellness to the community, priests and their assistants have no choice but to worry about things like money and physical comfort for those who attend. It is a necessity.

The Church is the assembled mass of individuals who share the belief in God; or the spiritual representation of that mass of people. Its appearance is not important.

Does God care if a church is fancy or not? No, he probably doesn't. But why wouldn't he? You claim he cares that people don't go to church? But if the church is ugly, if the mood and ambiance drive people away, then God would care how the church looks. After all, it should look inviting, luxurious and comfortable. It should draw crowds and throngs of people. It should inspire people to go to church.

Or maybe God doesn't care what churches look like because what's important is the heart of the believer, of the follower? But if that's the case, why should God care about going to church at all? Isn't it even more important to live by the message and the Lord? Example: I'm an unrepentant thief but I go to church - I'm a good person but I don't. Who will God really care for? Who will God really bring to salvation? By your definition, it would be the thief, because he goes to Church.
  6. Old Comment
    Interesting you said this: "But if the church is ugly, if the mood and ambiance drive people away."

People should attend church for God, not attend church just for its looks. If people gets driven away by how bad the church is, then they don't really want to worship God.

What about thr churches in the Old Testament? They weren't fancy at all; dirt floors, no cooling and no heating, yet people still attended mass.

Remember what Jesus said to the rich ruler: "Sell everything to have and give to the poor." That means God is more important than how someone or something looks or how much money that someone or something has.
  7. Old Comment
    >That means God is more important than how someone or something looks or how much money that someone or something has.<

Tell that to my Christian friend who loves her money and makeup
    Posted 09-16-2009 at 01:49 PM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fenric View Comment
    >That means God is more important than how someone or something looks or how much money that someone or something has.<

Tell that to my Christian friend Charlotte who loves her money and makeup
    Does she love it more than she loves God? Thats bascially what Jesus meant in that quote.
  9. Old Comment
    Well if you ask her what the most important things are in life, she'll say makeup and money first. Not that she's a rich slutty makeup whore or anything (she isn't xD), but ya know.

PS: I'm jus being silly. I find the topic of religion tedious and you're gunna get nowhere anyway.
    Posted 09-16-2009 at 01:53 PM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  10. Old Comment
    If you were having sex with a girl + she said "oh god" would you stop + tell her off?
  11. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by muffinfairy View Comment
    If you were having sex with a girl + she said "oh god" would you stop + tell her off?
    No, I wouldn't tell her off.
  12. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fenric View Comment

PS: I'm jus being silly. I find the topic of religion tedious and you're gunna get nowhere anyway.
    Well then I may as well stop arguing that topic with you then, since you said, "you're gunna get nowhere anyway."
  13. Old Comment
    Quote:
    muffin fairy is kind of legend.

ahahahahahaha
  14. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lokelake View Comment
    But you would stop? I bet she'd be so flattered

Though in fairness muffinfairy, it is rather a large assumption to think she'd be saying oh god in the first place... I know some women are clingy, but calling your bf god as a pet name is just wrong!
  15. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jacques View Comment
    I know some women are clingy, but calling your bf god as a pet name is just wrong!
    I didnt mean as a pet name >.>
  16. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lokelake View Comment
    What if things were being faked? Then she'd be lying + being blasphemic. . .
  17. Old Comment
    Quote:
    I didnt mean as a pet name >.>
    I know- I was going another direction with the comment- but decided to imply she was faking it/ bored/ desperate to get it over with would be mean... but you've suggested the same thing now so i'm fine