Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > AbusiveMaster

Rating: 8 votes, 4.00 average.

Out with the old, in with the new.

Posted 12-31-2016 at 03:14 PM by AbusiveMaster

No. Despite the title of the blog, I am not replacing IceMaiden, I am speaking of the year. How dare you even think I meant anyting else?

It has been quite a year. My personal life went mad, exploded, ran round in circles for a few months, then landed me almost exactly where I was at the start, just with a few lingering scars that may continue to hurt for a long time after. I came to fully realise what is important to me, what I am willing to sacrifice for it, and what really doesnt matter at all. Now I just have to live with the decisions I didnt exactly make, as there weren't any viable alternatives.

Through it all, and it was quite a lot of all, I had my IceMaiden. As my life was exploding, I didnt get online nearly as much as normal, i didnt have the time or the energy or the drive. One thing that never left though was my love for my girl. Through the worst of it, I checked in with her, and having her with me, even for the few minutes here and there was a lifeline to sanity.

Even months later, I don't think she fully appreciates how important her love was to me as I dealt with this hardship. I came as close to falling apart as I have ever been, and she was a point of light and love for me to steer by. Thank you.

Of course, I am not the only one who had a difficult year. After my problems ended, Icy's began. Seems 2016 had decided it was going to make a concerted effort to destroy us both, one after the other. There is a feeling of utter helplessness as someone you love goes through difficulties that you can't help with, can't fix, and all anyone can do is cling together, hugging like frightened children under the stairs and hope it all goes away.

It did.

Life being what it is, we have to deal with the aftermath. But thats part of the adventure. Every dragon you slay costs you a night sleeping in the mud with the smell of dragon fart for breakfast. (pause to allow Icy to scream at me that you dont kill dragons, she wants one as a pet)

Also at some point this year, I acquired an IHeartFun. I have no idea where that one came from. One minute I am innocently minding my own business, teasing, tormenting and torturing hearty, doing nobody any harm. Next thing you know, I have an Aimee. Whoda thunk?

It was the second time it had happened to me in the space of a year. A while before that I picked up a Sophia someplace. Adorable creature, I highly reccomend them, everyone should get a Sophia for Christmas. They are difficult to house train, and tend to go on the furniture, because they wont go outside after dark. Aside from that though, I have to say the brief time I spent as her kind-of-Dom was a lot of fun. Our schedules and needs didnt quite gel, but I can happily count her as one of my very closest friends. (Just dont talk about dogs or trees.)

I havent broken Aimee yet, so I am still Domming her. I gave it a good try through December, and the results were highly encouraging. We did dip off through the holidays, but I am fully confident that I will have destroyed her by Easter.

So the year draws to a quiet close, and I sit and think back. The bad was pretty bad this year, brown-trouser bad in places. But we got through it more or less, perhaps another bruise, another scar - and another chance.

Bad times highlight good friends, good relationships. They make you appreciate the people close to you, and I am thankful for those close to me.

I dont have a large circle of friends. i don't truly believe anybody does. Those who appear to have a massive circle of casual acquaintances, and perhaps a very close intimate circle. I dont bother much with acquaintances.

To my friends, my true friends, thank you. It has been a pleasure and an honour to spend another year with you, and many more to come. The rest can go and [content deemed offensive and removed] in a puddle of green gelatin.

But the year ended well, and next promises to be very interesting. I am dragging my IceMaiden kicking and screaming up to see me in the first quarter of the year. She really doesnt want to, but I am holding a unicorn hostage. Either she deals with my horn, or I will take care of the unicorns... wait, no, I didnt mean - oh, forget it.

I hope 2016 was good to you all. If not, you survived it. If not, stop reading my blog, you are dead, thats creepy.

May all but one of your dreams come true in 2017. All but one because if all your dreams came true, you would have nothing to wish for, and I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

(For a full list of people i WOULD wish that upon, and worse upon, please apply in writing.)

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1517 Comments 7
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    You can't break me I don't allow it
  2. Old Comment
    I had asked for a puppy for Christmas but maybe I should have asked for a Sophia. Asslvr needs practice training anyways.

I am glad you survived 2016 and I wish you the very best in 2017!
    Updated 12-31-2016 at 03:50 PM by Butterfly
  3. Old Comment
    You did a very good job surviving. I'm proud of you.

You have got me thinking that maybe I need to find myself a Sophia. Does anyone know where one might be able to find one?
    Posted 12-31-2016 at 03:45 PM by Princess.Ashley Princess.Ashley is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Of course you're not replacing me, you are stuck with me. Forever.

Silly you there's no need to thank me- that's what we do, be there for each other through good and bad. And I always will be here you know I'm not the type to run at the sign of trouble- especially when I love someone so very much.

I do want a dragon! And let go of the unicorn! Kicking and screaming, really? I can't waaaaait it's going to be perfect being with you.

Oh I can't wait to see Sophie's reaction to this and you are forbidden from breaking Aimee.

I apply in writing and expect to find this information on Skype in the morning.

I love you. Entirely. <3 <3 <3
  5. Old Comment
    Bravo for surviving 2016. It wasn't easy, but I'm so glad you both made it through, together and in love. I wish both you and Frosty, and all those you hold dear, the most fantastic 2017.
    Posted 12-31-2016 at 10:41 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  6. Old Comment
    Hey!!! I'm not a little creature! I'll just hide away so no one can find me now haha. And trees and dogs are scary! So there.

Okay, aside from you being mean to me, I was quite pleasantly surprised to be mentioned so thankyou . And I had a fun time too in what little time I did sub to you .

I wish you all the best for the coming year, and I want allll the details when you and Icey meet!!! Every.single.last.one. hahaha.

Happy New Year
    Posted 01-01-2017 at 06:15 PM by FrozenWolfGirl FrozenWolfGirl is offline
  7. Old Comment