Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

Rate this Entry

My Virgina Trip

Posted 08-18-2009 at 05:10 PM by lokelake
Updated 08-18-2009 at 09:33 PM by lokelake

Let me start off by saying it was boring, long, and just plain crappy. It rained 4 out of the 5 days we were there, days that did not rain all day is included. I had terrible night sleeps. I was unlucky, I came down with a cold towards the end. Luckily, it didn't last long.

We did go flying. We didn't go to the beach. It wasn't the ocean my brother lives on, it is I think, the Chesapeake Bay. We also went miniture golfing. Oh and, the people are soooooo slow down there and in New Jersy, when it comes to food at some of the restarunts we visited.

We went to an air museum, wasn't that bad, but still boring. We went to an aquairum, that was painfully boring. But, there was two funny people there. One girl while looking over a bridge said, "Yeah this is boring" with that not exciting attitude, lol. And one person didn't like it how my dad held the door open for her. I forgot what she said and did.

I didn't like anything we did down there. I was bored every day we were down there. The car ride sucked. It was long and crappy. Going through New Jersy was the crappiest. We traveld through that state a way that took forever to get out of. Sometimes we were in traffic, but we were never really in it for that long. At least we didn't drive through New York City. Deleware was awful. A road basically went through the entire state, had traffic lights all the way through. We got stopped at so many red lights. So, we went another way on the way back home, a way that took us through a very small part of Delaware.

The highlight for me was the NWS (National Weather Service. They had some nice stuff we could take, but we couldn't because we weren't allowed in. We needed a tour to be allowed in. We didn't get that.

The really awful event that happened to us, was our car trouble. Our sencors to "tell" the fan to turn on when the car engine starts to get hot, broke. So, from time to time, our engine overheated, and when that happenes, the car stalls. Luckily, all we have to do is let the car cool down before turning it back on. The first time it overheated, was on the highway, luckily, we were in traffic, so we couldn't really move far. We had to push the car off to the break down lane. Then, not too long later on the same highway, the car stalled again, but "luckily" the car still had some speed left to get it into the break down lane. Now, here, is where you will know why I put luckily in quotes. The unthinkable happened. While the car was stalled, guess what was coming down the break down lane, a truck (it was an emergency truck, I think it was a tow truck)!! We were stuck, we couldn't drive to get out of its way, so it was either sit in the car and wait our death to come from the truck (because or would have plowed right in the back of the car, and it was going at least 50 or 55 mph), or, get out really really fast. Guess what we chose.... neither!!!! Luckily, the truck managed to switch lanes. So, we bypassed the computer with a wire, to always let the fans run. If we didn't bypass that, we were going to be stuck. All in all, our car stalled I think about 5 times, twice without the wire, and three times with the wire.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 766 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments