Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Komodo Jones

Rate this Entry

Seems Kind of Contradictory, Don't You Think?

Posted 04-17-2012 at 09:27 AM by Komodo Jones

I've started writing this blog several times only to end it early. I'm destined to get through it this time. I don't talk about this issue a lot on here, but on msn messenger, it's listed about every day. Granted, I only have two people on my messenger but that's fine, as maintaining a conversation with ten different people would be a little taxing. Anyway, the issue I'm talking about is my parents.
I'm not too wild about my parents even though they do provide me with shelter, entertainment (electronic wise), sustinence and a wireless Internet connection (unbeknownst to them). But as some of you know, I have often complained about them being vanilla and a bit too overprotective. The reason they are vanilla is because they are Christian. I wouldn't consider myself a Christian nor would I consider myself an atheist or a deist either. I still believe in God, and that Jesus was the son of God and that they still play an active role in the earth today. However, I don't strictly follow the commands set out in the Bible. I'm not sure what you would call that but that's not the main point of this post.
I'm also not trying to say that all vanilla people suck. I have some friends on here that I would consider vanilla. Yes I know it seems weird to find a vanilla person on this site but they do exist. The point I'm complaining about is how my parents try to shove their vanilla lifestyle down my throat. I'm not vanilla. For the most part I enjoy an outrageous lifestyle (within reason) that incorporates my choice to participate in the bdsm lifestyle (leaning more towards submission rather than dominance). Also with their overprotection, has caused a few hiatuses on this site and the temptation that the Internet provides to corrupt my mind with sex. I think they're a little too late for that, as my mind is way past pristine but for those of you know me, you know I'm still a pretty awesome guy. They don't even like me talking on instant messenger with people I don't know. Has it ever occurred to you that every person you know now was at some point, somebody you didn't know?!
Back on track again, my domme hears about this on a daily basis but at home I kind of feel like a workslave sometimes. Chores are a daily thing at myself and it often feels like that I'm the only person holding that place together. In the afternoon, afterwards my mom practically remains sedentary in bed watching tv. Sometimes she'll make dinner but often times she's in that postion. She is not terminally sick or anything she just chooses to be in that position. My dad works at work, obviously, the first half of the day but then he comes home and mostly watches tv for most of the day. And sometimes I'll even have to do miniscule things like a lot of times my mom will ask me to go downstairs and get her a snack...are you really that lazy to go get it yourself? What are you going to do when the economy shapes up, I can actually get a job, and move out? A lot of times I also have to go pick up dinner as well. Gas is expensive! True, my car gets good mileage but still, I only make $50 a week right now and in addition to gas, I also have to pay for entertainment, phone bills, and college keeps sucking money out of me like a leech and I can barely make ends meet, not to mention I have school to worry about and some days I cannot waste any of my time trying to help you and still get all the stuff I need to get done and I'd like to relax for more than an hour when I get home before you start demading me around.
OK so you've done your rant KJ, what does that have to do with the title of this entry? It seems like I take orders from my parents all day and they control my life. Why then do you choose to be a sub, where a dominant from time to time will give you tasks to do and controls some aspects of your life? My domme brought this point up a couple of days ago and she found it kind of odd with the way that my parents treat me that I can enjoy being a sub. I can't come up with an answer for that automatically, and I'm not sure if I still have a definitive answer. However, I can give a couple of reasons.
The first of these reasons is that my domme actually views me as a person where my parents view me as free labor. As I've said before my domme and I don't have what many people consider to be an s/m relationship on here where she gives me tasks every day, makes me perform on webcam daily, and views me as a sex toy. We talk just about whatever when we're together. Like just this morning we were talking about spiders, snakes, and lizards. Yeah, not something you hear a lot about with subs and dominants. Sure sex is still a part of our relationship, but it's not the sole pillar of our relationship.
Punishments from my domme are given to make me a better person, punishments from my parents are used as a threat. I have had punishments from my domme but once again unlike what many punishments are viewed as on this website by people who claim to know what an s/m relationship is (even though they don't) these punishments are for valid reasons, they teach me something, and they make me a better person. Are they unpleasant, well of course they are they're punishments, but I know that my domme does this because she cares about me and she's trying to help me learn from my mistakes and make me a better person. My parents, mostly my dad, view punishments as a way to get me to do something and as a threat. It doesn't make me feel like I'm learning something it's just something like, "Do what I say, or suffer the consequences." It's soley used as a threat and a pressure to make me do something instead of a way for me to learn from my mistakes.
Those are just a couple of reasons why I enjoy being a sub even though I take demands and my life is controlled by my family almost 24/7. Now these answers that I've given do not constitute why I enjoy being a sub. The only answer I can give as to why I'm a sub even though I am already controlled enough by my parents is, I just do. It's who I am, and I don't think anything is going to change that. Will I find out the definitive answer why I enjoy being a sub, I don't know. Maybe some day, but only the future will tell that.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 554 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    "I have often complained about them being vanilla and a bit too overprotective"

"My parents, mostly my dad, view punishments as a way to get me to do something and as a threat"

Sounds a little contradictory, and less about overprotection as about control, but you'd have to validate that statement.
    There's little you can do, except start to screw things up in little ways. When your mom asks for a snack, get it, but leave it out of reach. You can also start spending much more time away from home - the library for example. Start little ways to reduce their dependence on you.

Christianity, vanilla... what have they got to do with the majority of your post.