Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

Rate this Entry

A Little Something different

Posted 01-31-2010 at 10:37 PM by lokelake

I am going to give an auto-bio of myself, but not your ordinary one. It is going to be on one topic about me.

Given all the interests I said about me on this site, it might be a little hard to guess what I will talk about here. I will give you a hint.... precipitation, clouds, sunny skies, temperature etc... all that can be described in one word.

I was interested in weather at a young age, very young age. I have been interested in it all my life albeit I admit, I sometimes lost some interest in it when I entered my pre-teen to early teen years.

At a young age, I was immature back then, so when a particular (female) meteorologist was on the one I liked a lot, I would pretend kiss her by kissing the TV screen. Back then, I would also pretend doing my own on-camera forecasts, with my remote and and a wall for my green screen. Though back then, it was more of me, not being serious about it. Notice how I said "though back then" and earlier in the paragraph, it talks about me pretending to do them. Notice how I didn't say "I used to pretend to do on-camera" I will talk more about that later.

I would watch The Weather Channel a lot, and I am talking about a lot, (not as much today, I will discuss why later). I also like to listen to my local people, WWLP, WGGB and NECN.

Also when I was younger, probably in my single digits through pre-teens and perhaps early teens, I would get afraid when I see really dark clouds. But later, I love them so much. Again, my exctiment level rises greatly. Nothing is more satisfying, besides thunder and lightning then seeing pitch black clouds over your house and yards. I also love it when the wind picks up, oh and when it hails.

Later on in my years, I would say, my early teen years to now, I go on weather.com a lot, and the NWS a lot, basically several times every day.

I get super excited excited when thunderstorms are coming my way, and then super depressed and/or mad and/or upset when they miss me. Nothing is more exciting when you see a lot of lightning and hear a lot of thunder, especially the loud ones. I look at the radar so much in one day when it is a day thunderstorms are forecast that combined with looking to see if any thunderstorms are developing/coming and watching them a lot to see if they will hit me or not, that I become so exhausted at the end of the day. When they do hit, I watch them from the time I see the first lightning or hear the first thunder to the time when the last one strikes or rumbles. Although, I mostly stop watching when the thunderstorm is mostly gone.

Severe Thunderstorm watches are lovely. My exctiment only increases.

Tornado watches well, I get excited and nervous at the same time.

I haven't started yet, but I would like too, hopefully this summer is when a thunderstorm missed me, I want to chase after it (storm chasing).

Before I turned 18, I thought tropical cyclones were boring and un-interesting. It's when I turned 18 to today, I find them very interesting and I love to track them, and wait for the NHC's advisories to come out. And just love seeing them on satellite and infrared.

Today (15ish to now), still love to go to the NWS site, weather.com, accuweather, and my local guys, several times every day I love to look at forecast models especially in winter (and during the hurricane season to track cyclones), to see if a snow storm would come or not. And I love to do the tropical cyclone stuff stated above. The Weather Channel, not so much these days, the main and only reason and a big one is their on-camera presentations now. They don't touch the screen anymore, they stand further away, and I abslutly hate the two black things one on top and one on bottom. Though I think they only have one on the bottom now.

Well that's it for now. I will do a second part to this, mainly covering that pretend on-camera stuff that I left you all on a cliff-hanger. Also, I will talk about what I missed din here that I feel is important.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 649 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments