Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Komodo Jones

Rate this Entry

Recommended Story #1

Posted 08-12-2009 at 02:26 PM by Komodo Jones

Hey everybody updating a blog while I have a chance before once again I start on the everlasting search for a job. Last night, or technically early this morning I forget which, on the chat I was talking with Jess and Jack mostly about literary things. I asked Jess what she thought about my story, she said she liked but she liked her brother's more...and I can proudly say I agree with her. I promised this to Jack a while back and I intend to keep this. The story "The Experiment" authored by jackfromnyc has been selected as my first Recommended Story on Get Dare. Apparently, this has also been greeted by a bunch of praise by other users as it has a five star rating. "The Experiment" follows the story of a soon to be starting college girl named Jackie. I won't give too much away about the story but there are several things I would like to comment on why I reccommend this story.
1) The story doesn't start out immersing you in sex. So many stories on the site now day don't even give you a plotline before boom sex starts. Jack does not do this, he writes a few chapters before the real sexual matters start in his story. I don't know about you but when watching a movie or reading something I demand a plotline otherwise I can't get attached. In a theater class I had to go see a play called "Spoon River Anthology." I could not get into it because in short is was just a whole bunch of monologues tied together and I couldn't stand it.
2) The story is not one of the mass produced s/m stories that floods the site today. I am not saying that there is anything wrong with the s/m stories as mine follows along the same lines. Jackfromnyc has really came up with an original idea and even though it's not s/m he has developed a really good hook that keeps on wanting you to read more to see what will happen next.
3) The story is legit and realistic. Well as legit and realistic as fictional stories can go. Jack has put certain situations in his stories, and he does outside research to make sure that some certain scenarios are as accurate as they are in real life. This gives a huge sense of reality to his story.
4) Good mechanics and spelling. One of the thing that peeves me the most about my grandfather is that he'll say stuff like "I don't get none of that." It just drives me crazy being an English major. This is not to say that Jack's story is completely absent of this but there are a not a lot of erorrs, and I'm sure if you went over my story with a fine-tooth comb you could find some mistakes to. However spelling and mechanic errors are few and far between and they don't really take away from the main content of the story.
Normally, I would give an out of 10 rating but I choose not to as sometimes they can be inaccurate especially if the story is not finished. Jack has indicated to me that he does have an ending to this story. However, don't bug him to finish it automatically. Authors do have lives outside of this site, and we occasionally run into blocks, in Jack's case outside research.
I'm sure if I read "The Experiment" in great detail I could find some things I don't like about it but reading what I have read I didn't see many negative qualities. It's original, it's well written, doesn't spare any details, everything is well explained and he has a good hook.
The link to jackfromnyc's "The Experiment" can be found by clicking here
A bit of warning as some people I know are like this, is that this story is found in the R18: Mature Stories section. If you have not read this story I highly suggest that you do.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 619 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    It has four stars.
  2. Old Comment
    four or five stars, its one of the most read stories. thank u komodo. u give me incentive to complete it.