Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > loke

Rate this Entry

US Mail Sucks

Posted 04-26-2011 at 09:55 AM by loke

So I got the 2 day shipping for an item but it is taking way more than two days. And no, I did not count the weekend days.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3336 Comments 12
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 12

Comments

1. Old Comment
    How high can you normally count?
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by depp View Comment
    How high can you normally count?
    To infinity, so endless.
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by loke View Comment
    To infinity, so endless.
    Derp, you can't count to infinity since it is endless, so whatever number you ended on would be the number and not infinity. :P
  4. Old Comment
    How high can I count?

You must remember that “There is no spoon.”

Has the parcel been shipped or has the parcel not been shipped? This is obviously a simple case of quantum indeterminacy as first exhibited by Schrodinger’s cat.

An alternative solution to this problematic case of linear quantum superposition, is to concur with the Loke assumption; Which states that the quantum effect of parcel entanglement has been so diluted that the parcel is now exhibiting the classic state.

This will yield the simplified condition which states “US Mail Sucks.”
    Updated 04-27-2011 at 03:35 AM by theone
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MetalGreek View Comment
    Derp, you can't count to infinity since it is endless, so whatever number you ended on would be the number and not infinity. :P
    Not true, as mathematical infinity is simply a symbolic representation and so you can’t prove mathematically that it’s impossible to count to infinity. Counting involves real numbers and mathematical infinity is not the same as real number systems. A set of integers is deemed countably infinite, conversely a set of real numbers is uncountably infinite.
    Updated 04-27-2011 at 02:28 AM by theone
  6. Old Comment
    Actually, the US has the most reliable mail service out of any country. ;D

We take our mail seriously. Neither ran nor sleet nor hail nor snow, that mailman always gets to your box every day.
  7. Old Comment
    In England they don’t deliver to a box outside the house, they deliver right to the door. The mailman will open garden gates and walk long distances up and down paths to deliver right through the letterbox.

Also: Mathematical infinity can be compared to the infamous “landover baptist church,” as neither really exist they are just symbolic. In fact in some ways mathematical infinity fulfils Poe's Law (Insert obligatory smiley face).

Poe's Law

Anyway in all seriousness I must concur with Loke, because what he says is true, he can count to infinity. The time he needs to do it may also be infinite, but as that is also mathematical symbolic infinity, the statement holds true in the finite.
    Updated 04-27-2011 at 02:01 PM by theone
  8. Old Comment
    It could be fault on the shipper or the person receiving the item. Maybe someone has the wrong address on one part
  9. Old Comment
    Do you have a tracking code? UPS does that. Its great. It could be lost. Make a call or email them about it.
  10. Old Comment
    Next time ask for electronic receipt conformation... or something like that, was free and gives you a USPS tracking number.

sweetsong is correct though, in the US a mail truck has higher priority then a firetruck responding to a fire.

@theone, many US citizens have letterboxes that are delivered to. Back in the 50s or so the mailbox originated to speed up mail deliver.

Random fact: 37% of US mail is not delivered to its final destination the first time every year, 30% are due to misaddressing, 5% from theft and 2% that are just lost. In the remaining 63% it is said that 59% is delivered "on-time."

This was my small "rant"
  11. Old Comment
    I just placed an online order for some coffee beans yesterday 27th April.

Besides the customary email, tracking number and text message to my phone, today I received current details of the time slot my coffee will arrive.

27 Apr 2011 parcel - dpd next day
    Your parcel is on the vehicle for delivery, due between 14:39 - 15:39

I think that is good service.
  12. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theone View Comment
    How high can I count?
    I can count to high. weeeee.

Usually it should have an online tracking code (or at least i always get one) so you can look it up online. usually you get sent an email with the code in it.

and a little fun fact. i always get the guy on the next street overs mail. Because the street names differer by just AVE and CT. i also get his pizza deliveries. and flower deliveries. fun times.