Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MG BLog

Tis my blog :3
Rate this Entry

Why some aren't mods

Posted 04-09-2010 at 10:16 PM by MetalGreek

I noticed recently why some people are not mods and others are. Now this is more of a rant then just a general explanation for some junk that was happening earlier on. Some people would misuse that mod-power(?) by banning people for there own entertainment, and not for an actual reason. They would ban someone thinking it'll make everyone laugh and wouldn't effect the person they were banning, it seems some people would do that though...urgh >: (
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1764 Comments 11
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 11

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Silly mods, bans are for ops!
  2. Old Comment
    Thanks for the post. Our magical ban powers almost always have a reason. While we screw up sometimes, we don't ban user X because it is funny. While our responses sometimes may be witty, it is just because we are fed up with user X trying to outsmart us (and of course they do with such responses as THISISN'TUSERX)
  3. Old Comment
    Is this about what happened in TinyChat when I wasn't there?
  4. Old Comment
    yus it is betty -_-. Mainly naming some certain people >_>
  5. Old Comment
    Actually, there are mods here who ban for fun.

You've experienced it yourself, me thinks.
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 444 View Comment
    Actually, there are mods here who ban for fun.

You've experienced it yourself, me thinks.
    I'd be extremely surprised if that was the case.

I think some people look at the ban list, read a username and a reason and draw their own conclusions... Which is understable because we don't have to reveal private stuff.

When mods log in we have reported posts, PMs, chats to check, moderate pics for albums, move threads, reply to PM and a whole bunch of other stuff. I know that personally the last thing I need to add to that list is banning people for my own enjoyment
    Posted 04-10-2010 at 04:52 PM by SubMissChievous SubMissChievous is offline
  7. Old Comment
    Well, i'm mostly talking about chat-bans.

I'm sure mg has received a few chat bans that he didn't deserve, for the enjoyment of the mods/mod in charge. He's not the only one, as far as i know.

As far as probations/srs business banning go, I wouldn't know much other then by reading the ban list. Otherwise, I wouldn't say the mods ban for fun over there, just a few cases which i believe didnt deserve it (being probated/banned).
    Updated 04-10-2010 at 10:06 PM by 444
  8. Old Comment
    Lol 444, those chat bans were requested by me, I was trying to study and all and was addicted to the chat and such o.o
  9. Old Comment
    If you have a complaint regarding abuse of power you need to PM me your evidence. Don't delete PMs and get to me before the chat log expires. You can also file a report.
  10. Old Comment
    Haha we know depp, it doesn't have to do with here o.o its from tinychat and you dont got no powa there :P
  11. Old Comment
    Not the ones asked by you mg, the ones that were not asked by you

It's not a complaint. I'm just saying that's all. Besides, not my position to, since I've never been chat banned before P: