Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Let's Weather debate for once!!!

Posted 07-16-2010 at 06:11 PM by lokelake

My thoughts for New England...

I think the upcomming winter for New England will be snowier and colder than last winter and I have my reasons to believe that.

1. Two years cannot be alike, they will be different. Let's head back to winter of '07-'08. For New Enlgand, that was a dry/warm winter. Then we had '08-'09 and that was snoiwer and colder than the winter prior. So let's take this pattern into this past winter and the upcomming winter. '09-'010 was dry and warm, so the end resulit is '010-'011 should be colder and snowier than last winter.

Look at this summer to last summer. Last summer was cool and wet, where as this summer is hot and dry. So as you can see, we did not have similar summers. Why? Because two years cannot be similar back to back.

2. All of this heat will be all used up by winter! Look at the 2009 summer. It was a cool summer. So guess what? All of that cool was drained and what was left was mainly warmth for the winter, because where could the cold come from? So this year, all of this heat cannot last into the upcomming winter since we are using it all up durring summer.

3. Same scale extremes cannot go into the next major season (winter, summer). Again, look at last summer. It was cool and wet. And we did not have a cool/snowy winter. We had a warm one. So the extreme cool summer did not lead into an extreme cool winter (same scale exteme). So this year, we won't have a hot winter since we are having a hot summer. Since we are having a hot summer, a different extreme for the upcomming winter would be extreme cold (different scale extremes).

4. I think the cooling will begin sometime in August and last right through winter.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1667 Comments 7
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Or we could just wait and see. I find this to be the most accurate.
    Posted 07-17-2010 at 12:32 PM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doctor View Comment
    Or we could just wait and see. I find this to be the most accurate.
    This is not England this is New England in the US where I live, lol.
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lokelake View Comment
    This is not England this is New England in the US where I live, lol.
    I don't recall saying anything about that.

What I said applies, well, everywhere...
    Posted 07-17-2010 at 03:09 PM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doctor View Comment
    I don't recall saying anything about that.

What I said applies, well, everywhere...
    I think he's being xenophobic, least that's one theory.
  5. Old Comment
    Loke, it happens every single year. Unfortunetly, not that debatable, just depressing. Though, for the sake of delusional optomisticness, (not sure if thats a word ) I hope you're wrong.
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nellybell View Comment
    Loke, it happens every single year. Unfortunetly, not that debatable, just depressing. Though, for the sake of delusional optomisticness, (not sure if thats a word ) I hope you're wrong.
    But, I love my snowy winters!!!!

I hope I am right.
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lokelake View Comment
    But, I love my snowy winters!!!!

I hope I am right.
    Yes, nothing like becoming a shut-in because the weather outside isn't fit for man or beast ><