Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

Rate this Entry

No Murderers can Enter!!!

Posted 03-25-2010 at 09:19 PM by lokelake

It says in the Bible that no one who murders can enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

The Bible also says if you repent and truly sorry for your sins, you will enter Heaven.

What if murderers later repented of what they have done and are truly sorry. Will they enter into the Kingdom?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2834 Comments 16
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 16

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Not to start a religious debate, but go youtube the video "god belongs in hell" by onision. he makes a compelling argument. watch the entire thing. Im not trying to make you lose faith in your beliefs but he covers it pretty good i think.
  2. Old Comment
    Ninjota, that guy is clearly in danger. He clearly does not like how God will judge all at the end.

What if he said that you your gods/goddesses? Would you would have also brought that up?
  3. Old Comment
    you anyone can't dismiss someones view because it is doesnt go with your religion.

those statements are open ended, they let you decide what is right. everyone is right, everyone is wrong.

how is it to live life constantly aiming for a successful death?
  4. Old Comment
    To Muffinfairy: It's the opposite of learning to fly, according to the hitchhiker's guide...
    It's trying to hit the ground and succeeding.
    It's much harder to attempt to hit the ground... and failing (:

We all die. Nothing special about that. How we live is much more important than anything else, I believe. The Beatles said it best (paraphrasing Jesus, no less): All you need is love.

And let me paraphrase the late-great Einstein (who is as dead as John Lennon): Truth is relative.

To Ninjota: the debate is already running. It's best going on for millenia, and people have been fighting over it since the invention of thought. Pretty sure we're not going to resolve it anytime soon to everyone's satisfaction. I am personnally content that I have found a manner of equilibrium in my spiritual life. It is all anyone can aspire to.

To Lokelake: it all depends on the value you place on personal forgiveness. Traditional Roman Catholic dogma preaches that a death-bed absolution is as good as salvation, provided it is sincere. So you can be the worst of humanity in your entire life - if you repent at the moment of death, you will be in the kingdom of heaven.
    Updated 03-25-2010 at 10:41 PM by interesting
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by muffinfairy View Comment
    how is it to live life constantly aiming for a successful death?
    Beautiful Quote! +1 !
  6. Old Comment
    To loke: i would always take a rational argument to thought, i may try to poke holes in it or disagree with it, but i would give it thought. Like i said, not trying to bash here, its just a video for thought.
  7. Old Comment
    Loke, does this include abortions? (and really think about this answer, this includes rape, incest and when the mothers life is in jeopardy)
  8. Old Comment
    As Christians, we are not suppose to believe in abortions. And sorry to any Christian, but no matter what you say, I still say Christians are not suppose to believe in abortion, because you are killing. What argument will you use when you confront Jesus at judgement day if you had abortions? Jesus will not accept your argument. He will throw you away.

Rape is against the Bible and against the law. I suppose, if the rapist decides turn away from his sin, and repent, he will be granted eternal life. But you can't just repent to make God happy, you have to be sincere about it, or else, you really don't want to be sorry deep inside.

Remember, was it Paul, who was a murderer? He turned away from it, and started to repent and turn toward God.

Also remember the adulteress? She was sincerely sorry for what she have done, and what did Jesus say to her? "Neither do I condemn you. Go in peace and sin no more."

What I am trying to get across is, there are examples in the Bible that are haneous crimes, yet, they sincerely repented, and they got saved.
  9. Old Comment
    How about when you have to decide between the mother's life and the baby's life?
  10. Old Comment
    And there's the old debate of whether it's actual life being killed or not (up to four months).
    Posted 03-28-2010 at 12:18 PM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  11. Old Comment
    If you are truly sorry and you repent. I don't see why not.
  12. Old Comment
    I think a persons death bed brings out the best of people.
  13. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Comment
    How about when you have to decide between the mother's life and the baby's life?
    Uhhhhh, don't really know. I suppose a mother would try to save her baby and then herself if she doesn't die.
  14. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Comment
    If you are truly sorry and you repent. I don't see why not.
    You are right Betty.

I think somebody else stated this earlier my apologies for not crediting (I do't even know if that is the right word) you, you can be the worst person in the world, but if you repent and are truly sorry, then you will be saved.
  15. Old Comment
    So what If I kill someone in an act of self defense
  16. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Liger View Comment
    So what If I kill someone in an act of self defense
    Does it really matter what Lokey thinks? Last I checked, he's not the one that judges us.