Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Slutty Princess

Thoughts, Rants, Opinions, Tales, and Musings of a Princess.
  1. Old Comment

My Username

Maybe I should have worded my comment differently. I shouldn't say the majority of women enjoy shaming and degrading on this website. A good half of the users on this website, male or female, enjoy degrading themselves and others. Respectfully or not, it bothers me. Even if the user enjoys shaming oneself and requests it from others, it still bothers me. I don't like seeing others degraded and treated less than others. All people are equal, all people are beautiful. As soon as I click "Unread Posts" you can bet I'll see "Punish this Slut" or "Give this sissy tasks" etc. I don't like seeing it and that's why I tend to stay away from actively engaging in other threads. This entire website is full of childish and rude users. By degrading yourself, you are allowing other users to think it is acceptable to degrade others. That's why change is nearly impossible on this website.

In the past, I have ignored users that send me rude, demanding messages. I don't want to do that anymore. It's better to be an informant than a bystander. I encourage other users to tell the rude, demanding users that their manner is not welcome here. Teach them and they'll learn. They learn nothing from being ignored, instead, they'll send another rude and demanding message to the next female (or male) user that they bump into.
    Posted 08-27-2016 at 09:45 AM by The Slutty Princess The Slutty Princess is offline
  2. Old Comment

My Username

Even when you ignore them it can still get to you at times. Normally I can laugh it off or play around with them a little bit to make them regret calling me that, but sometimes, on a bad day, it is hard not to let it bother me.

Change is hard and I suspect that no matter how much people revolt, it is still going to happen occasionally. It isn't like this is a community of 1000 people who stay the same all the time. It is an ever changing community. So many users make an account every day. Some stick around for a month while others are here for a day. Some cause trouble while others don't actively participate at all (including reading posts like these). Those people will never change because they aren't around long enough.
  3. Old Comment

My Username

Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Slutty Princess View Comment
    I agree with you all. We are on a website dominated by BDSM and other kinks and the majority of women (Though I believe the majority of "females" on here aren't females) like shaming and degrading. I need to remind myself of that. Usually, when I receive a message from a Dominant who is not respectful and acts in a rude, childish way, I'll make sure to inform him why he can't find a submissive. I encourage others to do the same but change is hard, especially on a website like this.
    Not sure i read you right: majority of the women may like shaming and degrading, but most do only in a respectfull way. Well,.... At least the serious ones. There will sure by women and man who just like the "dirty talk" but connect no action to that.

On your name: you're still a princess :-)
    And those who take the time to read your writings for sure respect you. Those who don't probably not, but really nothing is lost when you ignore them.
  4. Old Comment

My Username

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pt26 View Comment
    I think that sometimes people on here just forget about common courtesy. They forget we are all real people who while we have our kinks still want to be treated respectfully until such permission to do otherwise is given.

Maybe if we all just decide as a group to start campaigning for a change back to respectfulness and just ignore those who are not or maybe even respond back to those people letting them know it's not ok. We can slowly change the overall culture of getdare back to what my guess would be was the original intention of the site.
    I agree with you all. We are on a website dominated by BDSM and other kinks and the majority of women (Though I believe the majority of "females" on here aren't females) like shaming and degrading. I need to remind myself of that. Usually, when I receive a message from a Dominant who is not respectful and acts in a rude, childish way, I'll make sure to inform him why he can't find a submissive. I encourage others to do the same but change is hard, especially on a website like this.
    Posted 08-27-2016 at 08:04 AM by The Slutty Princess The Slutty Princess is offline
  5. Old Comment

My Username

I think that sometimes people on here just forget about common courtesy. They forget we are all real people who while we have our kinks still want to be treated respectfully until such permission to do otherwise is given.

Maybe if we all just decide as a group to start campaigning for a change back to respectfulness and just ignore those who are not or maybe even respond back to those people letting them know it's not ok. We can slowly change the overall culture of getdare back to what my guess would be was the original intention of the site.
  6. Old Comment

My Username

I get this a lot, too. Whether in pms or the chat. It pisses me off because the ONLY person who has that right is my Dom, no one else. And even if I were unowned you still don't have the right unless mutually agreed.

There will always be idiots. Ignore and don't let it get to you.
  7. Old Comment

My Username

It gets those at times too. People will always do it until the end of time. They would've used something else if it wasn't for your username.

And usually the "Dominants" who complain about that are the ones that don't treat females like they are worth any of their time. And fact of the matter is Domming takes time. The sub isn't the only one who invests.

It's not your username, we all have to deal with those. People just never learn.
  8. Old Comment

My Username

I completely understand the impulse and regret that comes with choosing a username. If I could give one piece of advice to any newcomers it would be to choose your name wisely. However, we all learn from our own mistakes.

Don't feel too bad about it though, even those of us who don't have slutty or other similar terms in our name get those messages too. I can't even count how many times I've been addressed as bitch, where, slutty, etc. It isn't right and you would think they would get the hint but alas it hasn't happened yet.

I think linking this blog in your signature is a great start but even then it probably won't go away completely. Good luck though!
  9. Old Comment

The Catch-up: Neighbors, Bedroom, & Adjusting to the New Life

Glad to hear you are enjoying the start of your new life chapter! Looking forward to the next big update already.
  10. Old Comment

Tour of the House!

I loved the tour! Can't wait to come visit you two!
  11. Old Comment

An Open Letter to My Little Sister...

The most special thing, was that appreciation and the speaking from your heart to your sister. Nothing can compare to each word of love for your sister. That great emotional support for the person, who has pulled you through so very much!
  12. Old Comment

Going Away Party

The joy of both was upon you at your going away party. That celebration as you take that leap into this very exciting further. You are going in that start of the circle of life. Just like as that second hand does on the clock. It is your time to move in that direction.

As you head out that door, just remember within yourself.
    That life is out there just waiting for you.
    This is your life book being written and created only by you.
    Like those great stars above.
  13. Old Comment

Going Away Party

Sounds like you had a great day and a great journey ahead! Best of luck with everything!
  14. Old Comment

Going Away Party

Your party sounded perfect. Surrounded by those you love! The perfect send off! It is a good thing that you have them in your life, and you have them to miss when you are off to school!

"Still round the corner there may wait
    A new road or a secret gate
    And though I oft have passed them by
    A day will come at last when I
    Shall take the hidden paths that run
    West of the Moon, East of the Sun.
    J. R. R. Tolkien"

Enjoy the journey!
  15. Old Comment
  16. Old Comment

An Open Letter to My Little Sister...

A penned letter is a great idea! I love it!
  17. Old Comment

Moving Week!

Best of luck with the packing and everything else moving forward!
  18. Old Comment

Moving Week!

I think you will find the week will fly by, and you and Sammie will be settling in. Enjoy all that it brings!
  19. Old Comment

Night at the Movies!

Damn! Sounds like you two had a great time.

So happy for the both you!
  20. Old Comment

Night at the Movies!

Unbelievably sexy and naughty. I'm convinced you've found a kindred soul in Sammie! I think she will match you and challenge you in every way imaginable. Wow!
  21. Old Comment

Night at the Movies!

Thanks for relating your story Lia.

I'm so happy you are so very happy

It makes me feel better.

~Joanna
  22. Old Comment

Sometimes...

Lia, I know how you feel. But look at the great and awesome blessings in your life already ~ and if that is possible anything is.

*big hug*

~Joanna
  23. Old Comment

Sometimes...

"Begging?"
    Lia, you are expressing your feelings. You are not begging for attention! You are sharing about what is inside yourself. You are needing to get things out.
    There is nothing wrong with it.
    This is what your blog is for.

It is your escape!

24. Old Comment

Sometimes...

Oh... No way your begging....
    You have written so many great blogs.
    So many detailed reports
    Has already done a fundraise i can only deeply respect.

Just enjoy some warm returns
  25. Old Comment

Sometimes...

Thank you all for your words, the mean very much to me.

Contrary to my blog, I am not in pain nor am I suffering. I guess you could say I'm....emotionally frustrated. I just want things to get better but they won't. Nothing I say, nothing I do, can make it better. There doesn't seem to be a good outcome no matter how I look at it.

I just want you all to know, I am fine. I will be fine and I will keep my faith and hope things somehow get better. It'll take a miracle but with the loved ones around me, I'll get through it.

I don't like making blog posts like these. I am not seeking attention nor sympathy. I know that may not be how it comes across to you but when I make posts like these, I feel like I'm begging for attention. I'm not. Sometimes, it just feels better to get things off my shoulders.
    Posted 08-10-2016 at 08:40 AM by The Slutty Princess The Slutty Princess is offline