Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

1. Old Comment

My Final Farewell

Our Father, who art in heaven,
    hallowed be thy name;
    thy kingdom come;
    thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
    Give us this day our daily bread;
    and forgive us our trespasses
    as we forgive those who trespass against us;
    and lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from evil.

For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours
    now and for ever.

Posted 07-28-2010 at 10:42 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  2. Old Comment

My Final Farewell

Right- he's gone- finally we can talk about how great jesus is and the weather....
  3. Old Comment

My Final Farewell

It's not final unless you are going forever, right?
  4. Old Comment

What's it Like to be "Sexually Hidden"

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lokelake View Comment
    Yes, I am serious.

@doctor

There is an age that young kids should not be taught it and you will know the reasons behind it once after you hear my dad's wisdom.

There is no good reason, moment a child is genuinely curious about something, they are going to pursue that till they get some knowledge on it. Right or wrong, they wont stop till their curiosity is satisfied. And just telling them they're to young to learn, isn't going to do it. They want to know, they'll want to know what it is they can't know about it. Its human nature. And unless you stifle their young curiosity just to stop there pursuit of knowledge (which would make you the worst person on earth), but short of that they're going to seek out that knowledge. And saying a child is too young to learn about something that is completely natural is i'm sorry but just completely retarded.

If you're a good parent you shouldn't have to hide any information from your kids, you should be able to raise them with the knowledge and raise them to handle that knowledge responsibly. Whether responsible is in your opinion abstinence or safe sex practice. To hide knowledge from your kids flat out means you don't trust them. and if your kids aren't trustworthy to their own parents, well i'm sorry to say its the parents fault
  5. Old Comment

Yes, what I was saying is we have different backgrounds but that doesn't make us mortal enemies...
  6. Old Comment

Maybe it is just me but if you agreed with the sex stuff I highly doubt you would have a reason to be on here... just sort of occurred to me xD Everyone's opinion is valid and I'm not saying you are wrong but more pointing to what I believe is proper and that is what everyone else is doing. Also MBP was just giving an example...he wasn't trying to throw politics around <3
  7. Old Comment

Well, I am not well versed in politics, so I cant comment when people starts to throw politic at me. I know you didn't throw much at me, but even what you did, I cant respond to it, lol.

Some stuff I don't agree with what my parents. But some stuff I do. just happen to agree with them on the sex stuff,
  8. Old Comment

Quote:
    There is an age that young kids should not be taught it and you will know the reasons behind it once after you hear my dad's wisdom.
    Loke, doesn't your Dad not believe in global warming and says he can prove that the world was created in 7 days? If you want to follow your dad, that is your choice and no one is going to stop you. However, to just listen to him with out forming your own opinions or doing your own research is kind of silly and stupid.

For example. My dad is a Republican. He can tell me all he wants to on how the Democrats are evil and that they will ruin their economy. However, I can do my own research and see if I agree with him. I don't. He isn't going to be mad at me for having a differing opinion. In fact, he will be happy I took the time out of my life to research something and form an opinion, whether he agrees with me or not.

And the other side, he could say Jay Leno sucks because his jokes aren't funny. I could expand on it and say he sucks because he took Conan's spot and his joke's aren't funny. The same thing will happen.

If you want to say something that I don't agree with fine. But just repeating what your parents say because you think that is the word of God is not the way anyone should handle arguments/disagreements.
  9. Old Comment

Finally I think

College professors do what they do because they are some of the most respected people in their professions. Where I go to school, teaching is second to stuff they are researching or writing. And before that, when hey have to get their doctorate, they must demonstrate that they can be a leading expert in their field. It takes at least 12 years to get a doctorate. Once you get it, it is pretty hard to change jobs let alone change professions. If you want to be a college professor, you have to realize that is what you are going to do for the rest of your life.

When people go onto their masters, and then to their doctorates, they are essentially competing for jobs and respect. They have to show they are committed and that they know their stuff. You have to prove you can think for yourself. And to your comment about not being a philosopher, if you want to teach at a university, they will only hire you if you are philosopher. It doesn't matter if it is at Harvard or Yale down to a community college. If you are teaching college you are what you are teaching
  10. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sweetsong View Comment

Though your troll-like nature can be rather comical when it's not irritating.
    I am not trolling, lol.

I am normally conversing. I just have a tendency to kick it up a couple of notches.
  11. Old Comment

Yeah, if we all followed your dad's advice and waited until people were in their twenties and then just kicked them out to figure life, sex, and everything out on their own after being completely sheltered, the world would be filled with....

Well....

A bunch of Lokes. (:

I'm happy to not be a "Loke" and it seems many others are also. (:

Though your troll-like nature can be rather comical when it's not irritating.
  12. Old Comment

Some Interesting Questions for depp

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Comment
    Why do you blog questions for someone when you could have sent them a message?
    I am not worthy enough for depp's words of wisdom to be said just to me.
  13. Old Comment

Some Interesting Questions for depp

Why do you blog questions for someone when you could have sent them a message?
  14. Old Comment

It won't though. I'll respect his opinion, as everyone's opinion is valid, but I'm sticking to my own. Especially on this subject.
    Posted 07-26-2010 at 09:38 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  15. Old Comment

What I am saying is, your opinion may change after hearing what my dad said about it.
  16. Old Comment

You don't actually have to care about my opinion. But it's still valid.

Stop making your dad out to be this Factual God who we all should believe. We all have opinions. Your dad has his, you have yours, I have mine. If everyone believed the same, it'd be shit. Free will, free thoughts. Individualism.
    Posted 07-26-2010 at 09:00 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
    Updated 07-26-2010 at 09:08 AM by Slenderman - Doctor
  17. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doctor View Comment
    I won't care for your dad's "wisdom".

I'll retain my own opinion, thankyou very much.
    And I won't care about your opinion, Thank you very much.
  18. Old Comment

I won't care for your dad's "wisdom".

I'll retain my own opinion, thankyou very much.
    Posted 07-26-2010 at 08:49 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  19. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by keykitty View Comment
    Sweets I think he is serious O.O
    Yes, I am serious.

@doctor

20. Old Comment

Sweets I think he is serious O.O
  21. Old Comment

Finally I think

Quote:
    I am not being a philosopher, I am being an philosophy teacher.
    Yes but 444’s point is still valid. To teach you must first be able to do. You will not attain to Philosopher professor/teacher status just by mimicking other philosophers. You will need to think for yourself, demonstrating that you have a grasp of your subject matter. Only then can you teach it.
  22. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sweetsong View Comment
    Are you for serious, Loke? I mean, seriously? O_o
    He clearly isn't.

Loke...

You all better get ready to be blown away. Better fasten your seat belts super ultra tight!

Your dad can say what he likes. It won't be factual or "right". Everyone is different. Everyone has their own thoughts. If everyone did the exact same thing, the world would die on its arse. There is no "right" or "wrong" time to tell children about sex etc.
    Posted 07-26-2010 at 06:28 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  23. Old Comment

Are you for serious, Loke? I mean, seriously? O_o
  24. Old Comment

Finally I think

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 444 View Comment
    You do realize philosophers actually have to think for themselves? Like, not relying on religion to tell you what to do in your life, for example.
    I am not being a philosopher, I am being an philosophy teacher.
  25. Old Comment

Finally I think

You do realize philosophers actually have to think for themselves? Like, not relying on religion to tell you what to do in your life, for example.