Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Bloxo

1. Old Comment

Fairness...

For the most part I agree with you here.

I would say that the idea or Karma works well with the game theory idea in which you consider the whole game and not just your point of view. For instance when two players are given the option to steal or share at the end of a competition. If one steals they get all of the winnings and the other gets nothing. If both share they get half the winnings each but if they both steal they get nothing. From a contestants own point of view if their choice can not effect the other players choice. If they steal they get 100% or 0% and if they share they get 50% or 0%. So it follows that its better to steal. Only if you consider the whole game you realise that its better for both parties to share. (note: this i am not advocating for communism we are too flawed for that to work)

I have stated before I disagree that something has to be fair to be fun. In computer games the game cheats to make it more fun. In doom the last part of your HP counts for more than the first part. In xcom the % chance of hitting is actually higher than it states (for all but one difficulty) and if you miss a high chance you get an automatic hit on your next one. In most racing games the bots gets faster when it is behind you. In mario cart people who are further back get better items. In world of warcraft you get an experience bonus for not playing for a while (fun fact it used to be an experience penalty for not resting which was university hated even though mathematically it was the same) which means those who play less get a bonus to help them keep up with those who play more.

The truth is a balanced game is not always a fun one. A fun game is a close game. No one has ever said that sports match where one team decimated the other was fun but my god was that one were it went right down to the wire and at the last second one team won was good. The key is for it to be perfectly unbalanced, to not discriminate against who is receiving that bonus other than they are behind.
    Updated 10-10-2018 at 05:43 AM by Ly Ph (replaced AI with bots because really bots are not AI and I am about to mention real AI :P)
  2. Old Comment

Politics, religion and other subjects taboo!

This is a site where people come to play games, have fun, get sexy, interact with other kinksters and basically enjoy themselves. The Queen/King election was meant to be fun, encourage friendly banter and get people excited and competing against each other. Which is what getDare is ALL ABOUT!

Unfortunately there was already negativity before Lola's offer was made, and that seemed to just be the straw that broke the camels back. I have already apologized to the candidates for my piece in that.

As Ly ph confirmed, the candidates were the ones who almost unanimously decided to shut the thread down and walk away. I was willing to continue things because I knew that there was a lot of time and effort put into the thread by all parties. However, I think they made the right decision as it wasn't fun anymore.

Yes, this may have caused me to take a step back from getDare and being active for awhile, but I am not going to think twice about pitting people against each other in the future. It is part of the nature of getDare, and people like to be competitive and have a healthy dose of competition.

For those that don't want to pick sides, don't participate! There is something called the law of two feet ... if you don't like something, use your two feet and walk away.
  3. Old Comment

Dommed! By T5P

That was fun to read! Thank you for sharing!
  4. Old Comment

Dommed! By T5P

Part 1 of this tale:

https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?bt=143810

What I did to deserve such horrific treatment!
  5. Old Comment

Dommed! By T5P

-- double posted it :/ --
  6. Old Comment

Dommed! By T5P

Glad you had fun
  7. Old Comment

My submissive side

Hmm you may have never been properly teased but you're somehow pretty good at it haha :P
  8. Old Comment

My Dominant side

It's always interesting to hear other peoples storys, and as always great blog!
  9. Old Comment

it also was not my thread and i didn’t know if it was ‘breaking a rule’ which was why i ASKED if it was allowed. i did not break my own ‘rules’. if you ask me, the thread was souring before i asked to make my offer for numerous reasons. i still personally think having the chance for a close race would have made things more exciting as can be seen in the king thread.

i’d also like to add that the purpose of voting and versus threads are to pick sides.
  10. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by T5P View Comment
    it definitely deserves to be reopened after all the effort each canditate had put into it but I also hope staff have learnt what repercussions openly picking sides and breaking their own rules can have!
    I am avoiding commenting in great detail because I think its best forgotten about for a while but I will say that it was the queen candidates who voted to scrap the game. Butterfly and lola didn't have a say. We could have continued or we could have reset and started the process again but as a group it was decided irrespective of all the effort that was put in to it that is was just better for everyone to kill the thread.
  11. Old Comment

I definitely think thing like this shouldn't be 'taboo' to talk about, they affect everyone in their respective communities. The queen thread was a nice idea, and it definitely deserves to be reopened after all the effort each canditate had put into it but I also hope staff have learnt what repercussions openly picking sides and breaking their own rules can have!
  12. Old Comment

Switching...confusing but ultimately the best of both worlds

everyone has such an interesting kink journey; it'll be interesting to see how your preferences change over the years or don't change.

thanks for sharing!
  13. Old Comment

Mess...a life of curious feelings

It always makes me happy to read blogs on this subject. I remember very well getting my 'fix' from early morning TV as a kid. Get Your Own Back was my favourite, as the end gunge tank scenes were of adults. The reason I don't indulge more is I really hate food wastage!
  14. Old Comment

Mess...a life of curious feelings

I started being attracted to messy while watching Double Dare as as youngin.

great blog!
  15. Old Comment

I totally agree on all of us doing our part to make this a better place! I love seeing people blog!
  16. Old Comment

Can damage be undone?

I agree with Nina! It can be undone because I have done that, on multiple separate occasions. The worst thing you can do for your healing and growth, the one thing that will slow it down, is isolating yourself. While I know that is the natural reaction, it’s not the most productive reaction.

I do, however, recommend doing things to protect yourself, such as stepping away as early as possible when things look bad, getting to know people well before investing in them too heavily, and learning to ask for what you need or state your concerns with kindness, respect and confidence.

Also, it is all extremely difficult and I’m sending you good thoughts and strength!
  17. Old Comment

Can damage be undone?

Yes damage can be undone, in fact, it is only natural to evolve with experience in life and become a better and more confident person. The only deterrent in my opinion is when we crawl into our shell and stop seeking.
  18. Old Comment

Can damage be undone?

For the longest time I referred to myself as broken. There was so much damage to me done by a few abusive individuals and I just felt broken beyond repair. However, over the last 4 years especially, I have seen so much of that damage be repaired.

Somedays I feel very little ill effects and others I still am haunted by my past and all those feelings that it brings up, but there has been huge progress. I am not broken anymore.

I dont know if I'll ever recover fully, I honestly think that my past is going to follow me forever, but i have learned to quiet it. I can be aware and tell myself that those damaging thoughts aren't true and that I know better.

It's a long process, but like you said, admitting there is something to change is the first step.
  19. Old Comment

Can damage be undone?

I relate to everything you've said so so so so much. That's a question I keep asking myself over and over again. I think it is possible but it takes a lot of patience, tears and time. It's not an easy process. I struggle sooo much with trust and sometimes it feels like I'll never be able to fully trust someone, however if the right person shows up and we are willing to work on ourselves and give us the time to heal, it is possible. At least I hope so? Haha
  20. Old Comment

Seasonality?

There is definitely some kind of pattern!! It’s fun to think about it like this!
  21. Old Comment

Seasonality?

Adding to the comments, people usually start work on Mondays, want to unwind after work on Fridays, and are usually off for the weekend. Sunday people usually don't want to go into work the next day (Monday) and are trying to stay up late or do as much as they can before it to make their time off feel longer, or to feel better by relaxing with things they like instead of feeling it's close arrival (sometimes pretending it's not).

Anyway, up North here there's a weird event called the Polar Plunge. Towns go to a lake on the coldest day of the year and can volunteer to submerge themselves. It's usually a televised event and raises money for Special Olympics.

I don't really think there is a pattern for it in the big picture. I think most people just create and share whatever they want, when they want to. I haven't done any dares though. Have you asked questions like these in the truth section? People who do dares often would probably pass the truth section first before the blogs, if at all.
    Updated 09-11-2018 at 01:53 PM by Joan Sky
  22. Old Comment

Seasonality?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfly View Comment
    I am not sure about specific dare trends, but I have noticed that there are certain times of the year where user participation seems to go up or down. For example, over the summer it can be pretty quiet at times, while over Christmas break, there are a lot more people around. Fridays and saturdays are a bit more active than Monday to Thursday, but Sundays seem to be the busiest, at least in chat. It is really interesting, and I would love to see some sort of data if it was ever to be collected.
    Thank you for your observations
    To muse on those, I would say with the summer time more people go away partly...hence a lot more holiday/trip dare posts I notice...

with the warmer weather perhaps people have more they can do and are more active, while at Christmas with the colder weather...people are stuck indoors more and get bored, as well perhaps as feeling a little lonely in the holidays and looking to have some fun to perk up
  23. Old Comment

Seasonality?

I am not sure about specific dare trends, but I have noticed that there are certain times of the year where user participation seems to go up or down. For example, over the summer it can be pretty quiet at times, while over Christmas break, there are a lot more people around. Fridays and saturdays are a bit more active than Monday to Thursday, but Sundays seem to be the busiest, at least in chat. It is really interesting, and I would love to see some sort of data if it was ever to be collected.
  24. Old Comment

Doubts

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bloxo View Comment
    Wow!
    Maybe I should have put notifications on to this thread...In truth I was worried about posting it...it amounts to a vent of frustration for my part...which is something though therapeutic...is not something I like to do publicly!

I want to thank everyone for their well thought out responses, it gives me more confidence on here to know other people have gone through similar trials (though wouldn't it be nice if we hadn't haha)

I'm going to try and lighten up a bit and focus more on the offline world, but I can't easily draw myself away from this site, there are so many interesting people and ideas here and I feel this place does present a wonderful place to grow and explore

Thank you again, a lot of what has been written I have taken to heart and will still try to make an impact here!
    I'm glad to hear that. Good balance. See you around the site. Take care
  25. Old Comment

Doubts

Wow!
    Maybe I should have put notifications on to this thread...In truth I was worried about posting it...it amounts to a vent of frustration for my part...which is something though therapeutic...is not something I like to do publicly!

I want to thank everyone for their well thought out responses, it gives me more confidence on here to know other people have gone through similar trials (though wouldn't it be nice if we hadn't haha)

I'm going to try and lighten up a bit and focus more on the offline world, but I can't easily draw myself away from this site, there are so many interesting people and ideas here and I feel this place does present a wonderful place to grow and explore

Thank you again, a lot of what has been written I have taken to heart and will still try to make an impact here!