Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
  1. Old Comment

An email I got today

Thats mean......
  2. Old Comment

An email I got today

Man! I wish I got emails like that.
  3. Old Comment

An email I got today

ManBearPig's Email of the Week Make it happen! Brilliant!
    Posted 07-30-2010 at 04:00 PM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  4. Old Comment

An email I got today

Oh crap that was me! :blush: KIDDING!
  5. Old Comment

An email I got today

I usually don't get them however since they are not smart enough to look. . But when I do get some, I will post them for all to enjoy
  6. Old Comment

An email I got today

Bet it was someone you banned, should do a weekly series of all the emails you got from people you banned.
  7. Old Comment

An email I got today

It was funny
  8. Old Comment

Why?

Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated... I see you acting like you're somebody else it makes me frustrated!
  9. Old Comment

Why?

Life is always more enjoyable when you fit into a group.
  10. Old Comment

Why?

Yeah, a lot of people who graduates HS even during HS are like that unfortunately. Some will grow tired of it or even "out grow" it in time.
  11. Old Comment

Hate

Or, the best way of all is to go up to those people, tell them why it is bad what they are doing and then just move on. It is alright to tell them in an angry voice, but just use an angry voice, do not let it go beyond that.

If they don't listen to, all you got to say is oh well, or who cares.
  12. Old Comment

Hate

@DaVance- That is the definition of a well thought out comment. Some parts of it I have never even thought of. I my opinion (and this is just mine) I feel as though they do need some attention, as people need to be aware that not all Churchs are put to good use. They hide under the image of a "Church." Some (not all) megachurches operate that way. You are right, all businesses have their agenda. Some right, some wrong. What saddens me the most is that Mr. Phelps was once (maybe) a good man. Whether he really did care about the civil rights movement saddens me to think some people might have been hiding their true ugly selves to look like a hero when all that really mattered was the money or the fame. :/
  13. Old Comment

Hate

This church has also been in my area at soldier's funerals. I don't support their views and don't necesarily support their tactics. Hopefully my comments won't be misconstrued as an attack. But I would like to point out a few things.

This group has their agenda (all groups do, even businesses, sports teams, associations, bands, and political groups) and as all groups do they seek to advertise and get their point of view understood and accepted by the general public. Lobbyists sole purpose of existence is to get rules, regulations, and laws passed in their favor. A good lobbyist may personally dislike the position he sells but can succesfully change people's opinions. If they get converts speaking for them then even better. So, like it or not, this group has successfully done the following with your emotions MBG:

1) They made you think about their position - quite a lot since you have taken the time to write this blog.

2) You have written their group name twice in the blog so every one who reads this now knows them, at no additional cost to them.

3) There is a link in your blog to view their group on Wikipedia - and from there links to their website. Mmm, how's that for getting their word out.

4) People have responded to your blog providing the group with even more exposure.

5) I don't know how many people have read this blog, but let's guess several dozen. Some may have never heard of the group before.

6) Maybe not you, but there may possibly be some quiet readers of this blog that will now join their group. The group will silently thank you for this.

7) The act of giving them the finger only confirms their activities have gotten your attention and made you think. This can be looked at two ways: first, some people will be offended that they received the finger; second, a more thoughtful person receiving the finger knows you can be easily swayed by your emotions and use that knowledge to manipulate your actions. Not every one is out to make nice with you and be happy. Inciting anger and fear can motivate people to act - and don't think they haven't planned to get you to act in a certain direction.

When this group no longer receives any attention, good or bad, from their tactics then they will stop. So maybe the best thing to have done was ignore them.

As a side note, as a website with master/slave activity, isn't this what a master should do, get the slaves interest and commitment in serving the master? It doesn't have to be strict ordering, but stroking their emotions.
  14. Old Comment

Hate

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sweetsong View Comment
    I don't have enough energy to hate people I know that have hurt me, let alone strangers. o.O

Some people have issues and belong in a mental hospital, not a pulpit.
    I feel very similarly- some people annoy me, but it takes a lot of effort to actually hate and maintain that hatred- and I have better things to do.
  15. Old Comment

Hate

Loke, I am a smartass who swears a lot. It is the way I am. Like I said to start off, this isn't a religious post,this is just an observation nor do I want to make it a religious post. This was really just a middle finger to those people. (On a side not: Anyone who swears at me while driving get the bird in my opinion. I get roadrage)
  16. Old Comment

Hate

Well MBP, you may not like what I am going to say, but you giving them your middle finger did not make yourself any better than them. As a Christian, you are supposed to not swoop down to people's levels, go beyond their hate and rudeness,a and then if you do that, people will know you are a Christian. but if you say you are a Christian, but then flip someone off, that will turn people away from the religion plus people wont know you are part of that religion.
  17. Old Comment

Hate

I don't have enough energy to hate people I know that have hurt me, let alone strangers. o.O

Some people have issues and belong in a mental hospital, not a pulpit.
  18. Old Comment

Hate

Yes, we have also heard of the activities of the Westboro Baptist Church in England too. It is unbelievable that a Church engages in such activities as this.
  19. Old Comment

Poor choice of title

LOL. OMG THATS SO MUCH FAIL IT'S A WIN!
  20. Old Comment

Why I Love America

They're illegal in my state too, but I did see some really nice ones set off in the middle of the road Saturday.
  21. Old Comment

Why I Love America

Haha in my state it's legal any time you want to do it.

We had an awesome fireworks show at the Country Club. I'm not rich and I don't belong to the Country Club... but I watched their fireworks. Hehe. (:
  22. Old Comment

Why I Love America

Here... I think it's legal as long as you so it at a beach or you get your building and firework design pre approved or something.
  23. Old Comment

Why I Love America

we have fireworks 3 times a year, spanning across 1 week intervals.

it's also illegal here xD
  24. Old Comment

Why I Love America

Now I wanna do it too
  25. Old Comment

Why I Love America

hahhaha Mine too BUT there were beautiful. And I had fun with the sparklers and my moms dog trying to eat the fireworks. Fun times. . .