Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > What Strikes My Mind

An assortment of my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and poor attempts at humor, all rolled into one easily digestable package.
  1. Old Comment

I Don't Like Christmas

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Odiefrom View Comment
    focused on the religious aspect, that would be another whole can of worms to deal with.
    Not really. Christmas is still Christmas. Remember, the only reason why basically everyone does gifts, was because a long time ago, someone give poor (I think) kids toys on Christmas. So, it naturally just became a custom to all.

While me and my family also does it, me and my siblings just about out grew getting presents on Christmas.
  2. Old Comment

I Don't Like Christmas

*laughs*

But, seriously, no
    Posted 12-06-2009 at 08:52 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  3. Old Comment

I Don't Like Christmas

Oh my gosh, Marvin is punching himself in the face!
  4. Old Comment

I Don't Like Christmas

While I agree that the focus of the holiday should be focused on the religious aspect, that would be another whole can of worms to deal with.
  5. Old Comment

I Don't Like Christmas

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Comment
    Agreed Marvin.

Agreed.
  6. Old Comment
    Posted 12-06-2009 at 05:09 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  7. Old Comment

I Don't Like Christmas

Technically, Christmas shouldn't be about buying people gifts. It should be about celebrating our Lord's birthday.
  8. Old Comment

I Don't Like Christmas

I agree, I am happy when the only thing on my list is given.

A simple Christmas would be better. Just one gift to each person you are going to give gifts to, and pretty soon all of those people have 3 or 5 gifts a piece. So, you are still getting some more gifts but obviously not 34 or something.

Simple=Easier=Better

Its simple, and a Merry Christmas to you too!!

And a happy new year
  9. Old Comment

Greater Cosmic Balance

I tried listing only the things that happened on the bad day, but the list was so long it overflowed my browser's text editor. Needless to say, it wasn't a good day.

And thank you for your well-wishes, but I've gotten very ill since that post. Maybe tomorrow will be better?
  10. Old Comment

Greater Cosmic Balance

Ooooh sorry to be nosy but what happened? Should I know? I like to know things Hope your day gets better...
  11. Old Comment

Turning Heads and Standing Proud

That IS pretty honourable. Good for you to stick by your principals.

Good luck in your endevours.
  12. Old Comment

If you are going to be volunteering anyway...
  13. Old Comment

Yes it is rewarding, but not many people see that anymore, unfortunately.
  14. Old Comment

Good for you! I used to run a charity fundraising society, and the number of people who did it to put on their CVs, or to look good, depressed me. Volunteering is it's own reward.
  15. Old Comment

"Imagine me and you, I do..."

Yes, it is my favorite song of all time (little bit of trivia: the song "Happy Together" was the number 3 top Rock and Roll song in 1967 according to Billboard records). There may be other fish in the sea, but those aren't her. She was spevial, kind, and there is no one like her. I know I'll go fishing again one day, but for now I need to move past the one that got away.
  16. Old Comment

OMG! I love that song! Imagine me and you, i do. I think about you day and night, it's only right, to think about the one you love, and hold her tight. So happy together!!!!
    I can't see me lovin' nobody but you, for all my life
    When you're with me baby the skys'll turn blue, for all my life!
    Anyways sorry about the loss. But there's plenty of fish in the see eh?
  17. Old Comment

Thanks. I will be better, but I'm just kinda lost in this. A lot of thoughts and feelings.
  18. Old Comment

wow, dude that's harsh. I hope you feel better soon.
  19. Old Comment

Oh nooooo. Bad luck! Poor you.....etc No really, that's so bad.
  20. Old Comment

What happens if I...oops. Uh-oh.

"possibly deep down in the unconscious, they want their limits broken?"

That way people can get dared to break a limit, and possiblt have a fall-back that others caused them to break the limit. (blame others for their action.)
  21. Old Comment

If this is a sin, then damn me now.

I had a lot of those "fire and damnation" feelings when I was younger. Now church doesn't concern me much - but helping fellow mankind does.

In the past there have been a lot of wars and strife cause by religion. Who knows which religion is "the one". But if I help out at the local soup kitchen, it makes the community that I live in a better place - and makes me feel good too.

Enjoyed reading all the comments here too.
  22. Old Comment

You don't need to apologize interesting, I'm learning from you and gaining new standpoints to challenge my problem with. I am finding this to be fascinating, and I am very reassured to know that there are people out there struggling with the same issues I do. I'm going to think about what's been said here and try to reflect it on my personal ideologies. I really appreciate all the comments left here.
  23. Old Comment

Fenric, you took the words right out of my mouth. Since everything is a sin in the eyes of God ("God is watching you poop"), we'll all be shacking up in the downward place. I'm exaggerating, of course, but think about this: it's very easy to ask for forgiveness on your death bed when you have nothing left to lose. It's a lot harder to actually work to better yourself in life while you can still make a difference in the world - which is actually what Jesus did. His entire life was devoted to service and selflessness, to sacrifice and charity. He didn't wait until he was about to die to do good deeds. And in fact, he opened the doors of heaven to everyone in every subculture and nation (Samaritans, Romans, Criminals). How cool is that, we all get to go to heaven?... oh wait, we don't, because we're all sinners to one degree or another and are therefore going to hell.

I don't believe in deathbed confessions; just as I don't believe in asking for forgiveness for something you are going to be doing anyway. For example, it's not a sin to masturbate, and if it is, no one is getting into heaven, period.

And if you want to argue the reason why Jesus died on the cross, you'll have to take it up with my mother and her teachers, because this is the interpretation that is being taught in university studies by Catholic priests themselves. But what do they know, right?

Apologies to odiefrom for hijacking this post thread.
    Updated 09-19-2009 at 05:01 PM by interesting
  24. Old Comment

So nobody will go to heaven? Coz nobody is truly perfect.
    Posted 09-19-2009 at 04:14 PM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  25. Old Comment

Interesting, the reason Jesus died on the cross is so we can be forgiven when we ask to be forgiven. Jesus was the sacrificial lamb. He took the place of lambs for us to get and kill to be forgiven. The bible teaches, "The wages of sin is death" So, if someone still has just one little sin when they die, they will be in hell, not heaven.