Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

1. Old Comment

A priest...

Loke, please, i'd stop being a Martyr and a Preacher. Sure, you're allowed to be who you are, not denying that, but you're denying people the right to say what they want by using the Bible...

That's one reason i'm an Agnostic in the first place, it's people who rant and rave if a Religious 'rule' is broken.

I was born a Catholic, Roman Catholic to be exact but i've never embraced my religion, and i'll never.
  2. Old Comment

A priest...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lokelake View Comment
    Swearing and taking his name in vain are two separate things.

The Bible talks about swearing and it also talks about taking his name in vain. If swearing and taking his name in vain were the same thing, then the bible wouldnt have brought it up twice.
    The Bible was not written in English, Loke. (:

That's what taking God's name in vain means... for real. I could go into the whole hermeneutics thing, if you were truly interested.

And, good, rational point, Four.
  3. Old Comment

A priest...

Well, I can't say I agree with loke nor sweet, but I know the christian community generally doesn't like using God's name in such manner. Um, personally, even I find it maybe a little too disrespectful? I mean, to think about it it's like putting your mother in like everyday talk, eg the phrase " Your Mom " Has always been there to insult. Even the phrase " Over my mother's dead body " Sounds a little not right.

I'm just saying it in a very, unbiased, rational manner. I hope O_o
  4. Old Comment

A priest...

Swearing and taking his name in vain are two separate things.

The Bible talks about swearing and it also talks about taking his name in vain. If swearing and taking his name in vain were the same thing, then the bible wouldnt have brought it up twice.
  5. Old Comment

A priest...

Yes I agree with sweetsong. She is correct with the explanation above.
  6. Old Comment

A priest...

It's in "vain"... Veins are the nasty things under your skin that carry blood...

And, that's not what it means.

To take God's name in vain would be to say, "I swear in the name of God that I will kill that spider." If you don't kill the spider, you've taken his name in vain.

"Oh my god" is merely an English expression that usually indicates surprise or strong emotion.
  7. Old Comment

Mods

I do believe Davros was kicked out, not Doctor.
    Posted 07-08-2010 at 04:17 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  8. Old Comment

Mods

The only mod to ever get kicked out of our swanky private club is Doctor. It's sucks too cause I love the guy so damn much. Let us never speak of it again.
  9. Old Comment

Mods

Ban, ban, ban, ban, ban!
  10. Old Comment

Mods

No of course not. Mods can do whatever the hell they want to without any consequences.
  11. Old Comment

Mods

Can mods get de-modded?

Yep
    Posted 07-07-2010 at 04:15 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  12. Old Comment

Mods

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Loke...
    I bet depp got de-modded in the past!
    No it never happened but I guess he could de-admin/mod himself by shutting down his own site...

*runs to THE area and suggest we mods get a de-modding button*
    Posted 07-06-2010 at 10:40 PM by SubMissChievous SubMissChievous is offline
    Updated 07-06-2010 at 10:42 PM by SubMissChievous (I dunno why... it's 40°C here and my brain has melted a few hours ago already... >.>)
  13. Old Comment

Mods

Admin's on forums CAN"T get de-modded... Er, de-admined? They CAN give up the password and such though, to someone else, but that's all. o.O Or close the forum.
  14. Old Comment

Mods

Depp is the admin, therefore he most likely didn't get demodded....
  15. Old Comment

Mods

What a weird question^
    I have noticed on other fourm sites it is easier to become a Mod.
    I think that the one's on here work to hard to get to that status to ruin it all.
  16. Old Comment

This makes no sense

Quote:
    Originally Posted by theone View Comment
    Intruders actually prosecute house owners AND police for assault because they try to protect property. First of all I do think the situation in America of gun ownership and such goes way too far, and is certainly not a realistic option for the UK. We have gone to the other extreme in that you can get into serious trouble for attempting to defend yourself, family or property. You could be prosecuted for criminal assault.
    Incorrect- you would only be guilty of assault if you used disproportionate force- i.e. beyond that necessary to defend yourself or others- i.e. if you restrained someone to stop them from attacking you, you would be fine, but if you chased them down the street and beat them repeatedly with a cricket bat (as happened not long ago) you could and I would argue should be prosecuted- since you were no longer protecting yourself, but hurting them as some form of revenge. Also note- even if you were guilty of the offence- you may a. not be prosecuted as it the CPS would not deem it in the public interest b. be found not guilty by magistrates or juy or c. be found guilty but receive a much lighter punishment due to the circumstances or d. be found guilty and sentenced, but have the decision quashed or commuted on appeal.

Quote:
    It is also true that if an intruder hurts himself entering your property you can be prosecuted. If for instance you have barbed wire on your fence as a deterrent and an intruder gets hurt you can be in serious trouble. The police would not arrest you and march you to jail as you suggest, because it would not constitute criminal damage, but action could be taken under civil law.

Entirely true, in this case you can be prosecuted- by putting barbed wire out, you have created a hazard which could cause someone to hurt themselves- especially as you have presumably not warned anyone of the hazard. Consider that, not a burglar, but a neighbour's child who climbs over the wall to get a football, hurts themselves badly due to your barbed wire- clearly it is your fault, because you put the wire there fully knowing they could hurt themselves on it.

However- if you did not create the hazard, you would almost certainly not be liable for any harm- e.g. if a burglar cuts themselves breaking your window- you are not liable, as you have done nothing to make the window dangerous- the burglar's action in trying to break in has caused their injury. The fundamental legal point is that you owe some duty of care to anyone on your property, but the level of cared owed depends on the situation. So you owe a much higher duty of care to someone you invite into your home, and a much lesser duty to an intruder.
  17. Old Comment

This makes no sense

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trystaan View Comment
    thats not how it works, example, intruder comes in steals stuff, then you hit them with a bat, or shoot them. that's when you get punished, not if they trip and hurt themselves.
    Actually, we can now defend our selves with a gun that we own. That took place a couple weeks ago. Before that, we could not defend with a gun.
  18. Old Comment

This makes no sense

Welcome to the club. It’s been like that in England for a long time. You will find that your current situation it is only the thin end of the wedge.

Intruders actually prosecute house owners AND police for assault because they try to protect property. First of all I do think the situation in America of gun ownership and such goes way too far, and is certainly not a realistic option for the UK. We have gone to the other extreme in that you can get into serious trouble for attempting to defend yourself, family or property. You could be prosecuted for criminal assault.

It is also true that if an intruder hurts himself entering your property you can be prosecuted. If for instance you have barbed wire on your fence as a deterrent and an intruder gets hurt you can be in serious trouble. The police would not arrest you and march you to jail as you suggest, because it would not constitute criminal damage, but action could be taken under civil law.
    Updated 07-05-2010 at 04:32 AM by theone
  19. Old Comment

This makes no sense

thats not how it works, example, intruder comes in steals stuff, then you hit them with a bat, or shoot them. that's when you get punished, not if they trip and hurt themselves.
  20. Old Comment

The Pledge

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Comment
    They played America the Beautiful at Church today. I enjoyed it. There really is nothing wrong with this, even if I am a man who thinks Church and State should be separate
    We played America the Beautiful also and My country tis a thee.
  21. Old Comment

The Pledge

They played America the Beautiful at Church today. I enjoyed it. There really is nothing wrong with this, even if I am a man who thinks Church and State should be separate
  22. Old Comment

The Pledge

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SlutPuppy View Comment
    More than likely they only did it because today is Independence Day.
    I could say more, but I dont want too, because it will just start an argument. I am not trying be rude.
  23. Old Comment

The Pledge

More than likely they only did it because today is Independence Day.
  24. Old Comment

That Little Red Triangle we Know as Reporting

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chloe View Comment
    Yes, of course This is actually the fastest way to get it done as the first mod that picks the report will be able to help with it.
    Which almost certainly will be MBP, Trystan, Chloe or Dare.

If you want any of the other mods to do it (nicerly), then PM them. :P
  25. Old Comment

That Little Red Triangle we Know as Reporting

Yes, of course This is actually the fastest way to get it done as the first mod that picks the report will be able to help with it.
    Posted 07-03-2010 at 08:16 PM by SubMissChievous SubMissChievous is offline