Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > AbusiveMaster

Rating: 8 votes, 4.00 average.

Taking me for granted?

Posted 04-15-2016 at 05:26 PM by AbusiveMaster

Recently I had a conversation with my little girl. I dont keep logs, and don't recall the exact wording, but it went something like.
Quote:
Me: So, you expect me to be here on the nights you say you won't be, on the offchance you change your mind?

Her: Exactly!
Although this was said (mostly) as a joke, it leads in nicely to the meat of this blog. Due to life being life, my little girl and I didn't see much of each other for a few days, then a short period where we did, a few days where we didn't. (In fairness, our "not seeing much of each other" probably drops us from 16 hours a day to 4, so it isnt entirely barren.)

After two days where I barely saw her, she asked if she could spend the next with her best friend. Of course, I agreed, and, of course, I grumbled.

So, the question is... does my little girl take me for granted? Does she assume I will always be there for her? Does she take for granted she can spend as much time on WoW or with her friends as she likes and I will be here waiting for her?

Yes.

After giving the matter some thought, I came to the conclusion that not only DOES she take me for granted, she SHOULD. She has every right to assume, to KNOW that her Daddy is always there for her, even if she spends an evening having fun away from me. She has the right to expect my patience, expect my love. She has the right to do her own thing, even if I miss her, knowing that I am only ever a message away.

Of course, I dont sit staring at the screen, waiting, hoping for a message from her (often.) I have other things to do, and she knows if I am busy then I will be with her as soon as I am available.

And I know that if I did call her away, no matter what she was doing, she would be with me in almost no time at all. And because I know this, I don't have to do it, I don't have to prove it.

I take it for granted.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1041 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Ah <3 your relationship seems as one to admire! Its nice to be confident that the other person is there when/if you want them. (Especially if it is just to take advantage of that and make sure they are still thinking about you.)
  2. Old Comment
    This resonated with me! Sometimes I get a call from my subby while she's busy. I used to feel like I was taken for granted, that she was too busy to talk or properly listen to what I said. But you're righ, AM! I should be taken for granted! She calls me because she feels happy when I'm there for her, talking even though she can't properly hear, just because my voice makes her happy. It's safe for her to know that I'm there when she wants me and needs me! So I completely get what you mean! Also about how I am expected to stay at home and always be available for calls!

You don't sit around waiting for her messages!? Hope she doesn't read this, or you'll be in trouble!
  3. Old Comment
    She read it, but picked up on a word.

Quote:
    Her: Of course, I dont sit staring at the screen, waiting, hoping for a message from her (often.)
    Her: often?

Me: and?
    Her: so you have?
    Me: maybe
    Her: i love you