Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Slutty Princess

Thoughts, Rants, Opinions, Tales, and Musings of a Princess.
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

You are loved.

Posted 12-11-2016 at 06:04 PM by The Slutty Princess

Motivated by sexyred92’s blog post about her uncle and his fight with depression, I thought I’d share some words to anyone who has ever felt alone, like there is no one and that they feel like it will never get better or they will never be loved or have friends or have a home or have a future. You feel like you are trapped in a plain white box that is slowly closing in on you until you are nothing.

I was one of them.

I was trapped in a plain white box, ready to give up on the world. I sat down in the box and patiently waited for it to close on me and finally set me free. I sat in that box for months, careless to the world, my friends, my family, and my surroundings. Slowly, people noticed the box and began to help me tear it down. At first, it didn’t work. Little by little, the box developed wear and tear and eventually, turned into a hole and that hole got bigger and bigger.

People started using the hole as an entrance into my little plain white home; people that I cared deeply about. With company, that box didn’t start to feel so lonely. I began to paint pictures inside the box, pictures of joy. These people began to shape and change my life and they pulled me out of that box.

Everyone has a box. Some may be more colorful, some may be more blank, some may be more crowded, some may be empty, some may have a door, some may might not even have a crack in the wall but everyday boxes change depending on the person.

That box can’t really be changed by anyone else. The only person who can change it is you. You can decide if to change it. You can decorate it if you try. You can whisper against the walls to talk to another person on the other side. And you can let people into that box.

I suffered a traumatic event when I was in high school. After that event, every night, I would be terrified for the next day. It would be about stupid little things but I still had panic attacks about it. I would get panic attacks at school but I had friends that would help me. But it was my sister that had helped me the most. She is unbelievable. She would let me talk about what was in my head and all my worries went away. She would never laugh and would never let me get down on myself and it felt so much better! She gave me confidence, she gave me love, she gave me compassion, and most importantly, she gave me life. I don’t know what I would have done or where I would be today without her.

I’m kinda crying a little bit now just thinking about it but they’re happy tears.

I just want you all to know this…
At the end of the day, you were born with you and you will die with you, so you need to love you. Loving yourself isn’t always easy. This is especially true because you, of all people, know every little thing about yourself. Every twerk. Everything that makes you, you. But you know what else? For every imperfection, there are ten more positive qualities. You are a beautiful addition to this earth. Respect yourself entirely. Love yourself unconditionally.

If you can’t do that, just know….I love you and that is something to live for.

There are people out there that love you.
You are strong. You are beautiful. You are intelligent. You are loved.

I love you all,
~Lia
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3499 Comments 7
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    A really great analogy thank you very much for sharing this!
  2. Old Comment
    Lia, thank you for caring and for sharing. You are sweet, and loved!
  3. Old Comment
    I agree with Scuba, this a extremely amazing and great analogy Lia. *hugs* thank you for writing this.
  4. Old Comment
    Thank you all for your support and love!
    I wrote this particular post in hopes that it would inspire...even if that was numerous people or only one person. I also wanted others who may not be suffering at this moment to reflect on their actions. A simple action or a few words can change a person whether it is for that one day or for the rest of their life. I guess, what I am trying to get at is, spread love every second you have a chance.

Love yourself and love others and we can change the world, even if it is just one person's world or the entire world! We go through so many years of education to learn, yet we never learn how to love ourselves.

At the end of the day, ask yourself, what did I do to change the world today? What did I do to positively affect someone else's life? Your responses should be rampant.

As a President of the LGBT community on campus, I continually help people who struggle through this sick and twisted world we live in. I just want everybody who is struggling to know...
    What you're thinking and who you are is valid. No matter what people tell you, no matter what the world tells you, you are valid. Your feelings are valid. You're important, you're loved and belong everywhere. '

This is alot of hate and complaining on this website, that's why I generally make happy, joyful, and inspiring blog posts.

I love you all,
    ~Lia
    Posted 12-12-2016 at 03:24 PM by The Slutty Princess The Slutty Princess is offline
  5. Old Comment
    Lia,
    This was a great expression of the parts that you have deal with and the important of how your words can mean something to those dealing with the same. Experience can really help one face life daily.
  6. Old Comment
    Wow.

I got little shivers reading that. I have dealt with depression myself, nothing traumatic, but just, not the happiest person at times. Your analogy of the box is really perfect for describing what it is like and where recovery can take you.

Thank you for sharing.
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jess2064 View Comment
    Wow.

I got little shivers reading that. I have dealt with depression myself, nothing traumatic, but just, not the happiest person at times. Your analogy of the box is really perfect for describing what it is like and where recovery can take you.

Thank you for sharing.
    No need to thank me. Thank you for reading it! Glad it has had an effect on some people! Gad you've enjoyed it!

Love,
    ~Lia
    Posted 12-30-2016 at 01:34 PM by The Slutty Princess The Slutty Princess is offline