Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Memoirs of a Dork

I have a lot of things I should talk about and it is easier for me to do that on a random website to a bunch of strangers. You can comment on my stuff or not, but the majority of my blog posts will be personal things that are difficult for me to talk about out loud.
Rate this Entry

The Woes of Long Distance

Posted 09-23-2015 at 08:15 PM by techiegirl
Tags rants, techie

Self bondage is hard. It's basically the worst thing on the god damn planet, but kind of necessary if you're unable to play in person and your dom really likes bondage.

Don't get me wrong, I love bondage too! Well, I love tying knots (I'm a knotty girl). But loving to tie knots does not make tying rope into your hair any easier. And knowing that it's going to look amazing doesn't make tying the rope from your hair around your ankles any less complicated.

Everything would be so much better if long distance wasn't a thing. If I could simply press a button and force him to come to this hellhole. But I can't so you make do.

We make do with the early morning talks that almost always involve me taking a nap during the middle of them or the few hours we talk in the afternoon before he has to go to pass out.

It sucks, really does, but we manage it and even though there is a fucking ocean between us, we are both too stubborn to let that stop us. It's tough and harder to maintain, obviously, but fuck the universe. Not my fault he was born on the wrong side of the planet.
Posted in Personal
Views 1652 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Yes, it sucks. But ultimately, it strengthens your relationship. You are both making great sacrifices to make time for each other, and that only shows the level of commitment between you.

That being said, I know that doesn't make it easier. I can, however, say that it is impressive.
  2. Old Comment
    I have been bemoaning the poopiness of time zones all week. And I am 2+ years into a long-distance amazing adventure with a guy who lives across the ocean. I hate time zones. I hate a gazillion miles and oceans and planes taking so long and costing so much. I love the nights where I have a dream about him and it really felt like he was right there, and I hate waking up from them and realizing it didn't happen.
    Fucking oceans.
    The worst for me is the hours in the evening when I am getting sleepy and waiting for him to wake up. The waiting sucks. I miss him when he sleeps, and then I am sleepy, and then I am waiting, it is so poopy. The alternative is that he wakes up too early to function all day (which he also has done for me on hundreds of occasions).
    Updated 09-23-2015 at 09:51 PM by Happy Me