Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > wme

Rate this Entry

Entry #2 (the nerdy one)

Posted 07-11-2012 at 06:48 PM by wme

Now, I have come to a disturbing game. Angry Birds.

People say it is not even a video game because it's too simple. People say it's fun. People say it's not fun. What are my thoughts on that? That's what this blog is about.

Angry Birds is a casual game, launched in 2010, which quickly gained many, many players. It one a game of the year award the same year, and became a legend.

First issue: People say it isn't a video game because it's too simple.
People have to understand that there are such things as casual games. Not all games go out on the market to be hardcore. And everybody has to understand that Angry Birds is at the same level of complexity of the great Pong, if not more complex. Therefore, if Pong is a video game, than Angry Birds surely is. And just because it's a simple game, doesn't make it not a video game.

Second issue: People say it's fun. People say it's not fun.
Angry Birds is not fun. It is addictive. Just like QWOP, it is incredibly luck to get any good shots, and not any skill. I've played the game, and it is luck. It is just popular because when you accomplish something, you feel that sense of accomplishment. Even though you accomplished nothing.

Thank you so much for reading. If you liked it, subscribe for more. If you want me to talk about a certain issue, send me a PM. If I like the topic, I'll write about it. Over and Out
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2008 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Angry Birds is a casual game who would say otherwise >.>

For me I got bored of the game once I got all the bird types even then I was just forcing myself to play to beat someone