Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Memoirs of a Dork

I have a lot of things I should talk about and it is easier for me to do that on a random website to a bunch of strangers. You can comment on my stuff or not, but the majority of my blog posts will be personal things that are difficult for me to talk about out loud.
Rate this Entry

Single and Ready to Mingle

Posted 06-20-2015 at 05:19 PM by techiegirl
Tags rants, techie

So, these last few weeks, I've been able to play around with several different women. A few of them wanted to become my Domme, and a few just liked doing a scene.

I thought I was ready to have a serious D/s relationship. I really did, so I said yes to some of the offers, but after a few days, I realized I was wrong.

My last dom taught me a lot. Taught me a lot on what D/s relationships should not be and since I have been single, I've really been learning a lot.

I've discovered some kinks that I would have pushed aside if I'd been with a partner. I've began understanding why I like certain things. Being single has seriously helped me grow, not only on this site, but in my kinky life as well.

So, I think for now, I'm fine alone. Being without a top isn't a bad thing. I'm playing more, accepting more dares, and trying things I've never done before.

I'm dipping my toes into several different ponds and maybe one of these ponds will turn into an ocean I'll want to swim in forever (this analogy kind of got away from me). It's fun playing around and even though I hope one day I'll find my #soulmate, I'm not disappointed or embarrassed to be single.
Posted in Personal
Views 1448 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    This is such a wonderful post! It makes me very happy. I'm glad things are going well and that you are happy!
  2. Old Comment
    I think a lot of us have gone through a bit of a trial by fire with regard to dominants. I know I have made a few bad choices and been hurt but we learn from it.

It is good that you are finding new things to love and exploring on your own terms.

I will still never forgive you for the usage of hashtags though.
  3. Old Comment
    That is a very nice realization! Being alone and happy beats being together with someone who is making you feel unhappy. Don't settle for anything less than a good relationship!