Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Jon's World.

It's like a normal world, only weirder. Now with 100% more poetry!
Rate this Entry

Being a Weirdo.

Posted 12-19-2014 at 08:10 AM by An_Jon

I can't think of many things worse than being called normal.

Normal is what you do when you feel bland. Normal is what people do to blend in. Normal is vanilla ice cream topped with nothing. Normal is sitting down and watching TV at 6pm each and every night. Normal is going to work at 7:30am and doing alright, not-bad-not-great. Normal is going to an amusement park and sitting on a bench for 8 hours.

Given the choice between someone going 'Oh look, there's Jon. What a decent, regular bloke'; and someone going 'that's Jon, he's a bit weird', I'd take the second one all day long.

The trouble with being seen as weird is that you attract attention to yourself, and most people don't want attention. They want to be left alone to live their lives in peace. Therefore they become normal to blend in. When someone points their finger to laugh that finger skims past all the normal folk and inventively lands and someone who stands out a little.

The trouble is the weird get's associated with different. The bad kind of different. The kind that societies base their ideologies on. Look at America and Russia during the cold war. Anything from the opposite country was immediately attributed with the opposite ideology and was therefore 'bad'. That's a very simplistic description of how 'otherness' works. I won't get into that. Maybe some other time.

Anyway, this 'otherness' is then what self-titled weird people fall victim to. 'Normal' then grows to become an ideal: a decent body, a certain set of clothes and go out clubbing on the weekends. That sort of stuff. When I mention to people I don't go out all that much their response is 'well that's unusual for someone your age'. Yeah, so?

So the same happens with kink. It's different. A lot of people don't understand it properly and therefore shun it into the 'not us' category; the different. Hurting/being hurt is usually bad. Being tied up is usually bad. Not acting your age: bad. Adult diapers, chicks with dicks, choking, dressing in entirely in leather, shitting on someone: bad bad bad bad bad.

Trouble is, when you cross the line into being different and you stand with the other different PEOPLE you see what a puny-minded existence this pigeon-holing thinking brings. You see how wrong it is to label someone as a bad person simply because of where they're from or who they are. You begin to understand characters more. Sure, I'm not gonna walk around shouting LOOK AT ME, I'M DIFFERENT, but I'm certainly not going to do that for being normal either; that'll just attract attention to myself.

Till next time.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 922 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I couldn't agree more. Besides, weird is interesting, and I feel drawn to learn more about people who seem a bit, or a lot, strange. At the same time, I think everyone has weird things about them, and isn't it the weirdest thing to think, live, and act in a way just because your parents or the people around you do.

Also - congratulations on finding your submissive! I hope everything goes beautifully for you.
  2. Old Comment
    Soooo... Don't know if I've ever told you, but my favoritest ever saying is "The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well." Like you said, we all have (at least) a little weird in us.

And, by the way, I like you, you weirdo.