Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 11-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Drink Your Diary Extracts.

So, on getDare, we're all one and the same.

Of course, there are males and females. There are doms and submissives. There are old and young. But we all have one thing in common, and that's why we're all here on this site.

But how much do you truly actually properly know about the person behind the username? I like to think I know a couple of members really well, but that's only from chatting and exchanging of messages. I've never had any meaningful or extensive insight into their personal lives. Now, I respect privacy and I know many people like to remain anonymous (or, at least, anonymous to a certain point), and that's completely fine. But I thought it could be cool to have a thread where we share personal experiences and insights.

In particular, I suggest sharing diary entries. If you have a diary / journal / blog / memory book, type up an extract. Obviously you can censor certain things (such as names, addresses, etc.), but give us an insight into you as a person and your life.

I'm going to begin with by posting the latest entry that I wrote in my diary...
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Star 1

Entry 1974: "Friends, alcohol, assignments, skating, shopping, Chinese, presents, and 42 hours without sleep!"

So what happened after ***** abandoned her all-nighter and left me on my own? Well, that was *checks* Monday. Obviously I didn't go to Fiction on Monday.

On Tuesday, after Beyond Books, me and the uni gang went to a pub in *****. We got there at about 2:30pm, and we left at around... erm... 9:30? In those seven hours, I got drunk but I sobered up pretty quickly and controlled myself. (Weird because I can't seem to control myself when I get drunk with *****, but I could when I was with my uni friends.) After the pub, some of us headed back to *****'s house (***** is a girl on our course that we'd met just that day). The plan was for *****, *****, *****(pronounced without the 'h' but he prefers that spelling, and it helps differentiate him from Flatmate-***** *****[PS, this *****is also on my course, not sure if I've mentioned him before]) and ***** to stay all night at *****'s and get drunk. I never intended to drink and so I didn't.

At about half 11, though, ***** and me and that ***** decided to fuck off. I got the train home and proceeded to sleep... I slept right the way through Beyond Books on Wednesday (I think I woke up at about 1:30pm), though I did go in for Poetry in the afternoon. And then, on Wednesday night, ***** and I watched some Lee Evans. This happened until 11:30pm and then she asked The Question.

The Question is capitalised because of its importance.

The Question is the question that led me to being awake for over 24 hours straight.

The Question: "Shall we go and get McDonald's?"

Harmless enough, even though some would call us mental for going out at half 11 at night just for McDonald's. So we asked ***** who politely declined, and we asked *****, and he came with us. On the way down, ***** said he wanted to get drunk to which ***** replied, "if you say that again, I will too."

He said it again.

I got some nuggets and chips from McD's and then we headed to the shop round the corner for alcohol. I spent fuck-all, for a change. (When I was out with *****, ***** and ***** on Tuesday night, I spent about £10 on alcohol and drinks that I never touched because I'm an idiot.) We walked past this guy on the street and he stopped us to ask us if he could nick a nugget or two. He wasn't drunk and he was pleasant enough so I gave him three or four - probably five - and, in the meantime, ***** and ***** had sauntered on past and into the shop. I wouldn't have gone in anyway because I look underage and didn't have any ID on me, but even so. I was left chatting to this bloke for about five minutes. And, trust me, five minutes is a long time when you're on your own in ***** centre around midnight.

Anyway, when we got back, we played *****'s favourite game - ring of fire. It's a good way to get drunk, apparently. Well, it is. And I guess it makes drinking fun, though I fail to understand why people don't just drink normally anyway. I accept it's a more fun way, but even so. The end result is the same - you're drunk, and you couldn't give a shit about the card game.

We just rambled and spouted words all night, before watching a film at about half 5. At about half 7, me and ***** went to McDonald's to get ***** some breakfast. Because we're nice and that. ***** ate her McDonald's and then went to bed, and ***** went home to *****. So I just chilled for the morning before heading off to uni for Business. I couldn't be arsed waiting around at the station - I'd gotten there earlier than I needed to be - so I went on the early train and stopped off at ***** station to meet *****. Then we headed off to uni, did work and then home we did trot. Or whatever.

I still hadn't had any sleep since Wednesday at 1:30pm. It was now Thursday evening.

I got in from uni at 6 and had some pasta for tea. My plan was to have quick tea, re-draft my Fiction essay and then get some sleep (probably after faffing on Tumblr with *****). But, like all plans, it didn't happen. ***** and ***** suggested we go out for something to eat. I didn't want food but I went out anyway, and we ended up at this all-you-can-eat Chinese place. I couldn't resist so I treated myself to two platefuls of food. I failed on afters though - to be fair, there was only ice cream, but even so. I didn't have any pudding/dessert/afters.

***** then suggested we should go to the cinemas. More money to spend. But there were no decent films and so we decided just to go for a wander. We ended up in the middle of ***** centre where all the funfair attractions are. Seeing as the shops were just about shutting, we instead walked around for a bit until ***** spotted an ice skating rink.

A small argument happened. I said I didn't wanna go ice skating but that ***** and ***** obviously could, and I'd stand at the side. Didn't matter to me. But ***** got in a huff and bought me a ticket anyway. Silly girl. I stood my ground though and decided not to go on. Just didn't want to; simple really. As soon as ***** went on the ice, some kid skated right into her and she was on her arse. Lightened the mood xD That, and ***** was terrified so that was rather amusing to watch too.

AND THEN WE WENT HOME.

(Most boring way to tell a story ever. But sod all happened in the time between ice skating and getting home, so don't fucking complain.)

Sleepy time was on the agenda, after a quick essay revision. But no - fucked that off too. We all went to chill in *****'s room and we watched some Lee Evans. We got to the half-way point and I was starting to drift off. ***** headed to bed but I stayed and just chilled with ***** for a bit. Just chatted about life and silly things and uni and stuff. She kicked me out at about half 2, and I went to bed. Got to sleep, finally, at about 3.

So that's Wednesday afternoon (1:30pm) til Friday morning (3am) without sleep.

Lemme calculate.

Ooooh, 42 hours without sleep! (And it's not like I was tired throughout - I was fine, even at uni on Thursday.)

42 is a good number.

So, yeah. I set my alarm for 6am this morning. I completely missed it and woke up to four missed calls and three texts off *****. I was meant to ring her at 7am and act as her morning alarm. Clearly didn't happen. But I never snoozed/stopped my alarm; well, not that I can remember anyway. I recall turning my alarm off at some point, but I'm sure that wasn't this morning. I must've, like, sleep-walked. But instead of walking, my hand must've moved to my phone and clicked the 'off' button. So yeah.

But I woke up in time to get to uni. Luckily the seminar wasn't a proper seminar. My tutor, *****, wasn't in, and so we just had to get on with work. That didn't happen, of course (we ended up in the uni hub eating and chatting) but I did get to uni within seminar time, so I got marked as present (well, I did when I emailed about an hour ago to confirm my attendance). We ate and chatted and did a two-minute silence at 11am and monged around. We also submitted our first assignment, for Fiction. Yeah, that essay I was meant to re-draft and revise... it got submitted as it was. I found out, though, that after it's been marked, we're given a four-week window in which we can re-submit our assignment. Dunno why, but I'm not questioning it. That's brilliant!

So that's one assignment out of the way (unless I have to re-submit it at a later point). Yay!

Home time then happened. Some of the uni gang have gone to *****'s tonight for drinks but I declined the invitation on the basis that I've been drunk twice this week (once is already well over my personal preference) and I just wasn't up to another stupidly late night.

Again, something which was planned... not happened. But the unplanned things have been brilliant - the Chinese meal with ***** and *****; the pub drinks with my uni friends on Tuesday; the drinks with ***** and *****; and the shopping trip earlier today. Well, that was planned, to a point. *****'s gone to a party this weekend back in ***** and she'd wanted a new dress and shoes to wear.

She planned to go yesterday but we went today instead. She texted me when she woke up and then, about two hours later (another snooze, showering, bag-packing and spending-ages-getting-dressed took place for ***** in that time window), after ***** had been on the phone with me for ages asking me to Google how to un-stick a stuck/broken bedroom door - that was a funny conversation; took her a good hour or so to get into her own bedroom! - I came off the phone to ***** and headed out with *****. Two new pairs of shoes and three dresses, she got. About £100. ("Now you know what I'm like.")

Phew!

I think that's everything. That's been my week. Probably - actually, yeah... yeah! - this has been the most eventful week of my life. Or, certainly, that I can remember, at least.

Oh, and between Monday and the time I've spent writing this essay entry, I bought ***** a couple of small Christmas presents. (This year, I've decided to cut back. Well, I have to. The only people getting presents are *****, *****, *****, and whoever I get in uni Secret Santa - if and when that actually happens. Well, ***** too if you count an Amazon voucher as a present. And, more than likely, a small thing for ***** and *****.)

So... now?

TV, music, pasta, chocolate, and sleep ^_^
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:28 AM   #3
CollaredBlondie
getDare Addict

Your post makes me miss uni. And, yes, an Amazon voucher does count as a Christmas present. (It would for me anyway, I freakin' love Amazon.)

As a side note, I do love your Writer's Voice Doctor <3

Erm. I don't really have anything to add myself 'cause I haven't updated my blog for ages, but I'll root around in my diary and maybe come back later.

Blondie x

23/F/UK
The most fun dare I've ever read: Click me!
I do not give dares.
I do not take dares.
I am not looking for an Owner.
And, seriously, what part of my username suggests that I'm a Domme?!

Any questions? (My 'ask me anything' thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophical
<spice girls> If ya wanna be my master, gotta get in my chat, being a wannabe is easy but I think you're quite a tw... </spice girls>
CollaredBlondie is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
characters, diary, insight, people, person