Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 06-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
Counterfeit_Fantasy

Information D/S M/F Statistics

I keep hearing how the female to male count was 1:5, I for one thought that was ridiculous, so I surveyed a few pages to see if I can find a logical answer.

After scrolling through about 5 pages, ignoring the ones that showed no gender, I found out that the 1:5 ratio was totally out of hand, it's 1:5 PLUS 1.9298246%. For shame and way to knock things out of portion. An average of 3-4 females posted per page, excluding our current first page where every female sub x person could lay his hands on was bumped up.

Note that this may not represent Getdare well, there seems to be a larger amount of females doing dare than posting advertisements, I also kept out "moved" and "trashed" threads out of my count. Remember, numbers do not withhold your chances of finding the right one. A large number of "unworthy" Doms and subs leave the more experienced/pleasing a better chance.There are a few Doms (subs?) with more than one partner, so reality may not be as pleasing as what I have after this paragraph...

If everything was magically as proportional and efficient as it could be, while keeping everything two person friendly:
14 male Doms would still not have a female sub
11 male subs would still not have a female Dom
4 male subs would still not have a Dom of any gender.
2 female Dommes would still not have a female sub
Graphing switches will be as hard as ever.

Random Fact: If the female any/male Dommes take only male subs seeking female Dommes, each female domme would have to take care of 3-4 male subs for the number of not owned to be as close to zero as possible. I for one will be happy to take 7. (Not really)

Passive Aggressive, Sarcastic, and Squishy, oh so Squishy
Message - Comment -
FetLife
Counterfeit_Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Counterfeit_Fantasy for this post:
Old 06-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
DarkAndEvil
getDare Sweetheart

Interesting stats, thanks for that. Although it does confirm what I'm sure everyone knows - it's hard to find people that match you!
Old 06-19-2011, 06:02 PM   #3
wsedrf69

Sadly switches seem to be far outnumbered.

If I may inquire, what is the difficulty in graphing switches?
wsedrf69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #4
Counterfeit_Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsedrf69 View Post
Sadly switches seem to be far outnumbered.

If I may inquire, what is the difficulty in graphing switches?

You have female switches seeking female switches
You have female switches seeking male switches
You have female switches seeking any switches
You have male switches seeking male switches
You have male switches seeking female switches

Which would be bubbles and bacon but for some odd reason:

You have female switches seeking male masters
You have female switches seeking female masters
You have female switches seeking any master
You have female switches seeking male subs
You have female switches seeking female subs
You have female switches seeking any subs
You have male switches seeking male masters
You have male switches seeking female masters
You have male switches seeking any master
You have male switches seeking male subs
You have male switches seeking female subs
You have male switches seeking any subs

In which case I would have to read their thread to figure out if I should put them in a master/slave category, or they just lean more to one side of Dom/sub but may occasional switch and get there own (1) category. At which point I have to judge for them.

Then of course you have those Doms that like to see there sub play around/take care/be dominated by-- other sub/Doms occasional for the hell of it, so you have the polygamous relations where's there a top Dom, another Dom or another sub to take care of another sub. Because it's a nice thought for two female to change roles at said person's leisure. So you now have:

Female doms seeking male switches
Female doms seeking female switches
Male doms seeking any switches
Male doms seeking male switches
Male doms seeking female switches
Male doms seeking any switches

And then I go around and find 1 example of at least a few of those categories, which are scarce, but still there. Low and behold a weird graph. So instead of giving yourself your own category, I gave you one to make my life easier.

Message - Comment -
FetLife

Last edited by Counterfeit_Fantasy; 06-19-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #5
wsedrf69

Ahh, so laziness! :P

I'll accept simplicity as an excuse, considering I count a total of 54 possible permutations (though I'm not sure I trust my math), about 30 of which include switches. You appear to have neglected the possibility of submissive seeking switches, perhaps on their dom's behalf? You can add to the complexity those who have indicated they are seeking switches but might be happy with a partner of either orientation (though that can't be specified here).

Your analysis assumes that the possible pairings are limited to those who post ads. I presume that a large number of views and replies come from those who have not posted ads, and thus the reality may be different. We need more data to draw a firm conclusion

Anyways, thanks for collecting this data, it's interesting to see (though not totally unexpected).

P.S. There's a typo in your permutations. I should probably apologize, I didn't intend to have you list all of the permutations.

Last edited by wsedrf69; 06-19-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Typo...
wsedrf69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:59 AM   #6
Master2k10
Account Banned

That is amazing and must of taken you a very long time to compile all that data.

To me it's mathematics and therefore a foreign language, but i do find it interesting.

Though i do not agree with another user using this data on someone elses thread (i saw that then came looking for this) as a bashing tool.

I do agree with wsedrf69, so many replies to threads come from people who do not and have not created a thread on the s/m section before, therefore i think we should push getdare staff to add a poll to the site that needs to be completed before re-entering your account.

Have people decide between a few options.

Male seeking female slave
Male seeking male slave
Male seeking female master
Male seeking male master
Male seeking male switch
Male seeking female switch
Male seeking either male or female slave
Male seeking either male or female master
Male seeking either male or female switch
Female seeking female slave
Female seeking male slave
Female seeking female master
Female seeking male master
Female seeking male switch
Female seeking female switch
Female seeking either male or female slave
Female seeking either male or female master
Female seeking either male or female switch
Male that is not interested in s/m
Female that is not interested in s/m

I think the statistics then would be much more interesting as it would be for a much larger scale (All active getdare users).

Again though, amazing work.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #7
carom
Account Banned

You also did not include the posibility of lying.

Also, at least in my area, my real live experience is very different. The genders are a lot more even and more subs than Dominants in general
carom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #8
Counterfeit_Fantasy

I sadly don't have the ability to mind read and figure out who's lying, so I leave it as it. One also has to understand that I'm not coped up in a cage with nothing to do but read advertisements, only on Wednesdays.

Though, if you do not like how I've set things up, feel free to go through a set number of advertisement, include the replies to that thread and make sure they don't overlap, figure out of they're lying/transsexual, send lovely pms to every member of Getdare that didn't list an advertisement, apply that some do not answer or have multiple accounts by sticking a number to them by generating an equation from inductive reasoning, work out a poll to see which do not participate in BDSM, apply that to the time frame of your advertisement information gathering, then put them in a nice orderly 45+ category tally/pie/line/bar graph, maybe add a soundtrack. Go on, and don't forget to put birth rates and psychological tendencies.

The graph is not showing data of any place out of Getdare. Many places have an even male/female count. Rwanda is mainly female. But Getdare has more male appearance in advertisements. You can work out your own explanation as to why.

If I was "lazy" I wouldn't have done this graph at all, I did it because my graphing program cannot hold 45+ categories, nor do I feel it necessary to do that much work as they'll be someone to find another defect in that graph.

Message - Comment -
FetLife

Advertisements
Kink Talk