Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories

Old 05-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
Electric

Target Potholes

Before I begin this I'd like to say I have no direction really, its all what I feel like writing at that very moment. It's kind of a fiction\non fictional story and loosely based on my outlooks on the world and other things I've encountered. I hope you'll enjoy reading this as much as I'll enjoy writing it!
<3
----

A soft, silvery glow of moonlight gradually illuminated the plain white walls of my bedroom as the fog began to shift and twist away from the piercing orb of the moon, casting its cold rays upon my face. I don't like anybody looking at my face. It's been scarred so much I'm scared people will take advantage. Break down my barriers. Destroy my walls.

- It won't happen again, I promise. -

My emerald eyes shined in the minimal light as the tears I forced upon myself finally broke free. Suicidal, they tumbled from my eyes to only end their miserable lives in the soft haven of the crumpled pillow that layed beneath my face.

A soft breeze glided across my warm body. It was such a relief that I didn't have to suffer as much under my duvet. I always tucked myself right into my bed, even in the middle of summer. I hate being exposed, and even more so when he's watching me. A rumble of battered engine grazed the pure silence in my head. It's better because he couldn't hear me, but I couldn't hear him. Maybe this was his chance to get me.

I turned away from the moon and shut my eyes in guilt and panic.

He always patronised me. I couldnt let him see me like that.

Last edited by Electric; 05-15-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Electric for this post:
Old 05-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
wme

Excellent. True art on words
wme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by wme View Post
Excellent. True art on words
Wow. That's really kind of you, thank you so much!

*I apologise for the lack of content in my opening, it's very difficult writing on an IPod, but I should be able to get on a computer soon and bash out a couple of chapters for this*

<3

Last edited by Electric; 05-15-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
Rachie
I am the cutest butterfly ever

Nice extension of part (Added Paragraph)

Hope to read more soon

Love Rachie
x x x x

BED HABITS

LOLA.FOX WISHES SHE WAS MY FAVORITE USER <3
Rachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie View Post
Nice extension of part (Added Paragraph)

Hope to read more soon

Love Rachie
x x x x
Thank you very much Rachie! <3
Old 05-18-2011, 11:05 PM   #6
pymani96
getDare Sweetheart

Yep, you're onto a winner. Great work electric
Pymani
pymani96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:07 PM   #7
Electric

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of an update. I have exams to revise for! I still don't have a clue what I've learnt for the past year!
Anyway, here is part two of mah story, I hope you like it :3
-----

Clasping shut my aching eyes, I listened to the everlasting groan of traffic rattling the pathetic single glazing of the window above my bed. Every time a lorry drove past, it shook the collection of items of my windowsill: A light blue mug missing its handle, with a variety of broken and unused stationery inside; My money box, only two pence the last time I had the guts to check what they'd given me this week; an array of pebbles from that beach trip; and the most precious thing. A red leather frame encasing a picture of my mother forever. She had never been the same since the incident, and this was my way of remembering the old her. The one that looked out for me, loved me and cared for me. Not anymore...

Where am I? I lay on the sands, looking at my surroundings. My head is aching, I can't see properly. Next to me lay the pieces of my ship, "The Voyager". I set sail last month. She had taken over. I went as fast as I could. I think I've escaped now.

I look, with my limited vision, to my left. For miles I can see colossal white cliff faces, layered with grass and moss. To my right there is a small, derelict lighthouse. Maybe I could stay there?

I drag myself over to the once warm beacon, the smell of salt lingering high in the air. I read the sign on the door at the foot of the decaying structure:

"CLOSED: BY ORDER OF MUM"

She's here too! There's no escaping her! I thought I had gone far enough away!

Wait, what's that? I turn around and out of the long heather behind me a tall, muscular figure dressed in tight, black clothing and a rugged kevlar jacket walks towards me.

Why is he holding that in his ha-

The sound of my irritating alarm clock awakened me from my dream. I looked over at the glowing green letters. 5:49. Great, I was up early again. What would I do until I can escape to school? I lied there thinking about the shit in my life. My parents, my house. School was my only place out of it all.

7:30? I thought I had just woken up at 5:00?
Never mind.

I grabbed my creased uniform from the back of my chair and slipped it on. The black V-Neck jumper was always my favorite. It had massive cuffs I could keep warm in, considering my school had no heating whatsoever, and I was living in the English countryside in mid-November. I knotted up my tie and looked at myself in the freestanding mirror in my room. I was losing weight, I could see. I had a couple of kids at my school bully me for not being the skinniest person around, but I didn't really care. They had their own perceptions of people and I had mine. It's really what I think of most people at school. I just keep my head down and move along. I like it that way.

I slung my black leather messenger bag on top of my jumper and walked down the stairs to escape the house. Grabbing the spare keys off the table in the hallway, I unlocked the large oak door and stepped out into the fresh morning air.

I closed the door behind me, sensing that today would be a good day.

--

Thank you very much for your kind words! Sorry if people think this is lingering, if you do I can pick up the pace a little. I just dont want this to be another. "BOY WITH SIX PACK + BOY WITH SIX PACK + PARENTS AWAY FOR WEEKEND = SLEEPOVER. SLEEPOVER = ToD. ToD = SEX. END STORY"

Love you all!
-Electric

<3

Last edited by Electric; 05-25-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:26 PM   #8
Electric

New chapter tomorrow! I have it planned out, it's going tO get good(:
Old 05-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #9
Dylan xX
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post

Thank you very much for your kind words! Sorry if people think this is lingering, if you do I can pick up the pace a little. I just dont want this to be another. "BOY WITH SIX PACK + BOY WITH SIX PACK + PARENTS AWAY FOR WEEKEND = SLEEPOVER. SLEEPOVER = ToD. ToD = SEX. END STORY"

Love you all!
-Electric

<3
I couldn't agree more. :P. Except the boy with 6 pack part, gotta love that .

Nice word choice Keep it up!
Old 05-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #10
Electric

Haha! You're right there, I have to admit! :P

Thank you Dylan! Coming from you that comment is amazing!
<3

My story - Potholes Not your regular truth or dare story

<><><><><><>
Old 05-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #11
daremaster 1
getDare God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
New chapter tomorrow! I have it planned out, it's going tO get good(:
I love YOUR STORY! It grabbed me in after the 1st paragraph! Great job!
daremaster 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:29 PM   #12
nuditydudity
Distinguished Member

Oh. My. God.
This is seriously some of the best writing that I have ever read. It is truly stunning. I could read it over and over.
Please keep writing (or I might just die!) but go at your pace. No need to rush beauty.
And if you write anything else, can I read it? Like, please?
Your writing style is just amazing. Truly, it is.

Sing like you know the lyrics

Dance like no one is watching

Live like you were dying

Love like you've never been hurt before
nuditydudity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:03 AM   #13
Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuditydudity View Post
Oh. My. God.
This is seriously some of the best writing that I have ever read. It is truly stunning. I could read it over and over.
Please keep writing (or I might just die!) but go at your pace. No need to rush beauty.
And if you write anything else, can I read it? Like, please?
Your writing style is just amazing. Truly, it is.
Wow, this is really, really amazing. It brought a tear to my eye :')
Thank you so much!
I like writing a lot, but I've never put anything on the internet before. If you want, I could send you some short stories or whatever?

Guys, I'm reallyreallyreallyREALLY sorry, but I can't post an update today. I have a GCSE History mock tomorrow, and there is truckloads of dates and names and places and events and boring shit to revise. But I only have two days left of school, and then a week off, so expect another chapter possibly tomorrow, and quite a few next week.

Can't wait to post more for you guys to read! Thank you for all of the lovely comments, I really do appreciate it immensely.

Electric
<3

<><><><><><>
Old 05-26-2011, 09:22 AM   #14
Electric

STORY TIME STORY TIME!
-

Pulling my black, woolen cuffs over my hands, I began my familiar walk to freedom. There was a harsh, icy wind accompanying the light drizzle of the November morning. Such was to be expected this time of year. I really did like the rain, it made me feel like I was indeed being watched like they promised me.

The roar of rush hour traffic collected in my red-raw ears, the passengers inside forever staring at the only person walking on the footpath. I was, indeed, one of the only people to use the neglected footpath. It was cracked and mossy with age, and the canopy of tree branches and leaves above it were almost touching the ground, reaching out to be together. The Forsaken One never did care about his forests, at least, that is what I heard from various workers at the school. We're not supposed to talk about The Forsaken One in public, but everyone always did. His rule had collapsed over the past year and everyone was going manic, including some kids at my school.

One of these idiots was Jacob. A long, slim fellow, he towered above most, including myself. His brown hair hung just above his eyebrows, and he had a considerable amount of stubble for a sixteen year old. His blue eyes radiated fear into the very soul of anyone who dared look him in the face. He was not the kind of person you'd like to meet down a dark alley, or anywhere for that matter.

I reached the decrepit bus shelter, it's wooden structure going green with age. The dark, wet wood blended into it's overgrown surroundings, and the path in front of it. I sat down on the bench, under the cover of the wooden roof, a lonely figure sitting next to me.

Ed.

Now Ed would be classified as a 'nerd', 'dweeb' or anything else heartless idiots describe an intellectuality gifted child. He had jet black hair, swept just above his eyes with a flick of his head. He wore black, rectangular framed glasses, encasing his beautiful, glistening green eyes for the world to marvel at. He wore his jumper just like myself, cuffs over the hands. Nobody had never seen above his elbow before, and there were plenty of rumors going around that he had been scarred by the house fire his father started. Naturally, this had confined him to his own company, and he wasn't the most talkative person in the world. We had talked a couple of times before, but neither of us really liked talking so we just kept to ourselves and that was it.

Ed was humming to himself, looking at the various swears and numbers in the bright graffiti on the walls of the bus shelter. Noticing my presence, he turned around calmly and looked at me.

"Oh, hello. I haven't seen you around in a while"

What could I say? Nobody had ever asked me why I was never there. Why was he interested? I just stood there and gave a quick smile, my body shivering still from the piercing wind.

"It's rather cold today, don't you think?"

Would he ever go away? I guess not. I thought about what to do, and realised the bus would be another 20 minutes, and he would keep bothering me.

I nodded, and quietly replied,
"Yeah, it is, kinda"

Ed was shocked that I had spoken a word and shuffled down the bench next to me, our shoulders rubbing.

"Didn't you bring a coat?" He pointed to his army-green jacket, it's buttons falling off.

"I didn't think it would be cold today." That was a lie. Whenever I do talk it is normally in lies.

"Here," he said softly, removing his jacket, "Take this." He rested one half of his jacket over my body. I warmed up quickly, the thick padding protecting us both from the cold.

"Thanks" I replied, now at an audible volume.

"No problem, you would have frozen sooner or later!" Ed now seemed at ease with being with another human, which was weird, as he always was the quiet kid.

20 warm minutes passed and our white, dirty bus pulled up. I didn't want to get on there, I was too warm next to Ed. He didn't make an attempt to move out of the seat. We were both content sitting there, enjoying the warmth from each others body heat, toasting under Ed's green jacket.

The bus driver hadn't noticed us, and drove off into the grey drizzle of the school run.

"Oh well," said Ed, giving off a slight grin, "I guess we could just stay here until the rain stops and then walk."

"Yeah, we should".

---

Thank you all for your lovely comments! It's my first time really using dialog in a story, so apologies if it's not as in depth as you would like. If anyone has any tips for speech, I'd really appreciate it!

I hope you enjoyed the new installment.

-Electric
<3

<><><><><><>
Old 05-26-2011, 10:06 PM   #15
nuditydudity
Distinguished Member

I think that it was amazing!! I love this story so much, and I think the dialogue worked pretty well. I love this story, and cannot wait for more!!!

Sing like you know the lyrics

Dance like no one is watching

Live like you were dying

Love like you've never been hurt before
nuditydudity is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk