Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 07-19-2010, 03:32 AM   #1
d4rek1ng1
getDare Sweetheart

Default Harry Potter Books vs Films

which do you prefer? films or books of harry potter

likes- cum play, cum on food,piss, insertions anal and cock (in objects like melons ect). wet clothing (bath, shower, sink, puddle etc) messy. sexual. tease. crossdressing. humiliation. dice dares. card game dares. little bondage, blindfold

hates-poo. illegal. public. pernement scaring. dangerous
d4rek1ng1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:12 AM   #2
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

I'm a media geek so I wanna say films. Because of how they're made, how they look. But I have to vote books because you can't beat the originals and, without the books, you got no films.
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:27 AM   #3
taste the rainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
I'm a media geek so I wanna say films. Because of how they're made, how they look. But I have to vote books because you can't beat the originals and, without the books, you got no films.

I agree! I like the films, mostly because of the effects, but they cut some things out of the films. The books are better, in my opinion!

:Wedgies, light bondage(easily hidden underneath clothes), bladder control, light pain (clit/nipple torture)

:Hanging wedgies, messy, public, friends, family
If you're unsure, ask! I may be up for it.

Female, 20. Pictures can be discussed, but are not guaranteed.
taste the rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
Embers
Account Banned

The films are pretty good, but the books are a million times better, so much more in them and so much fun to read!

20 year old bisexual female living at uni in the uk!

Check the TORD Online section where I probably have a thread you can dare me in

I guess you need my limits n stuff so here's what I can think of right now

Limits; Poo, piss, messy, pain, anal
Likes; Public, outdoor, spanking, embarrassing, bondage (a little), sex

I will NOT do cam or play tord with people but I do want to be dared

I also am NOT interested in being a slave or having a slave
Embers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:10 AM   #5
Who

The books are over rated, and the movies...alone they're decent, but based off the books, crap.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:44 AM   #6
Flamingo

I'd say movies, at least compared to the books I read. But they were translated books, I hear the original English books are much better, with clever choice of words and names.
Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #7
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

I most of the times prefer the books to the movies, there's so much you can't put in the movie that you can in the book but I still love the movies because there's a lot you can put in there that can't go in the books, visually.

Anyways, this is in the wrong section, please read the Truth guidelines.

Moved.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:56 PM   #8
XBOX360

No question. Definitely the books.
XBOX360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:16 PM   #9
Stellz
Distinguished Member

Location: A boat on a river, with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.

My vote is for the books all the way. I know the movies look pretty. But I just can't stand them. I know that you can't get everything from the book into the movie, but it just makes me sad when I miss parts. I was really disappointed with the third one, and I absolutely hated the last one. Maybe I'm just a bit to much of a snob when it comes to my Harry Potter. I wish the movies could have been done a bit more like Lord of The Rings. I feel like they did an amazing job with those films. I know they left things out, but I didn't feel the same as I did with the Potter movies.

29 She/Her Married & Monogamous
Owner of my pup and husband
Ask me about our adventures <3

Stellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #10
cara.loverin1989
Account Banned

Books. I like the movies, but I have to go with the books. You just cant get everything into the movies and that is disapointing sometimes. I read all of the time, I rarely read a book twice. I have read the Harry Potter books at least 4 times each. Love them.

“You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
- Christopher Columbus

“Half of the troubles of this life can be traced to saying yes too quickly and not saying no soon enough.”
- Josh Billings
cara.loverin1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #11
davgrant
Distinguished Member

For me no movie can beat the book. The simple reason being that when your reading the book you are free to imagine the world, the events and the characters as you wish. Whereas in the movie you are looking at another person's viewpoint. They might not share the same lines which you might enjoy in the book. Here as well I would prefer the books any day but I loved the movie as well. I am a film maker myself and I know how hard it is to bring all the points from the book into the movie.

I can't recall any movie which has got the better of the book. Lord of the Rings and Godfather came the closest for me.
davgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:50 PM   #12
Norse Fire

Books, definitely. Not only are the movies generally choppy and inaccurate to a certain extent, but, unlike the books, they don't provide a window into the mind of the villain. In the Harry Potter books, the author went to great lengths to make sure we understood Voldemort's mindset and past. She even devoted entire chapters to his life, which allowed us to see how he went from a poor, neglected orphan who just wanted to be loved (yet another similarity to Harry) to one of the most infamous wizards of all time. I mean, where in the movie does it show that side of Voldemort? Where is the explanation for how a virtual psychological clone of Harry warped itself into J.K. Rowling's version of Hitler? In the 6th book, she provided a glimpse into his childhood and life as a student/young adult while the movie spends (at most) two minutes on the subject. The books allow the reader a more thorough insight into the minds of the characters as opposed to the movies that just show the character's actions and words. It is this unique trait of the books that allows them to convey the theme of the story.

Due the risk of sounding like a huge nerd if I were to continue, I think I'll stop talking now.
Norse Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:21 PM   #13
Demon Thief
getDare Devil

The books are way better than the movies. And Norse Fire, I agree with what you've said.
And when the entire mountain is chiseled away then the first second of eternity will have passed."
You must think that's a hell of a long time.
Personally, I think that's a hell of a bird.

14 years on GetDare!
Demon Thief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:53 AM   #14
User12465

The books are better but I still love the films
User12465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:07 PM   #15
Amelie
getDare Sweetheart

The films were a disgusting slaughter of the books.

Advertisements
Kink Talk