Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Request TORD Online

Old 10-12-2017, 10:42 AM   #1
lunar

Key Detention Center (writing tasks web app)

Hey, I spent the last several days coding a web app for writing task assignment between doms and subs. If you'd like to check it out, the web address where I'm hosting it is:

https://lunarrush.pythonanywhere.com.../default/index

Features:
  • Sub must manually add Dom, but only dom may remove subs.
  • Doms can delete tasks they've set.
  • Both Doms and subs can see their past assignments.
  • Tasks can be customized with the number of times the line has to be repeated and how many lines are added for incorrect submission.
  • Multiple line entry box: allows you to set up a task that has line returns in it. Submissive must press submit every time they have the entry completed.
  • Submissive text entry box is copy/paste disabled to ensure no cheating.

New Features 10/13/17:
  • Added ability for doms to request subs to be submissive to them.

I plan on adding new features to the site in the future, if you have any ideas that you'd like to see implemented in this tool feel free to post them in this thread.

Screenshots:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/721ubr7z9h...45-20.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/721ubr7z9h...45-20.png?dl=0
I hope you enjoy the site

Last edited by lunar; 10-13-2017 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Added screenshots
lunar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:05 PM   #2
Bluetooth
getDare Succubus

Nice start, but unfortunately adding "oncopy=false; oncut=false; onpaste=false;" doesn't work when people can freely edit these in their browser! If you have Chrome, right click your typing box and click 'Inspect', scroll up a little to the form, right click that and edit as HTML. Then you can just delete the copy/paste protection!

Some other things I noticed:
- Why are you asking for so much information on signup? People won't want to give this site their full name and it felt very weird to be asked it

- I'd drop the sharing buttons. At least you're not using the like button (which would tell Facebook/Google etc. about all your visitors if they're logged into Facebook), but I doubt people will want to share this on social networks!

It's neat that you keep track of the lines left on the server side, I couldn't thwart that!

Likes/dislikes/limits | toys and supplies! | BDSM test results

Last edited by Bluetooth; 10-12-2017 at 01:08 PM.
Bluetooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:21 PM   #3
lunar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetooth View Post
Nice start, but unfortunately adding "oncopy=false; oncut=false; onpaste=false;" doesn't work when people can freely edit these in their browser! If you have Chrome, right click your typing box and click 'Inspect', scroll up a little to the form, right click that and edit as HTML. Then you can just delete the copy/paste protection!

Some other things I noticed:
- Why are you asking for so much information on signup? People won't want to give this site their full name and it felt very weird to be asked it

- I'd drop the sharing buttons. At least you're not using the like button (which would tell Facebook/Google etc. about all your visitors if they're logged into Facebook), but I doubt people will want to share this on social networks!

It's neat that you keep track of the lines left on the server side, I couldn't thwart that!
Thanks for the feedback:
Unfortunately I'm not sure of a method to use to remove the ability to inspect element short of designing the app as a standalone desktop app. I kind of like the server aspect to it though as it keeps both sides up to date on what's going on.

On one note though, does the onpaste hack work through multiple submissions or does it require that you rehack it each time a line is submitted? I would think since fresh html is being written on each submit that it would only hold for one line and then have to be redone...might as well write the line for that time it takes :P

For the signup I used the default web2py sign up form with some additional fields. I considered writing a custom form, but decided to instead make first and last name fully editable forms in the profile so that a user can change them to whatever they feel comfortable with.

As far as the share button...that must be part of the default layout I'm not seeing due to element blocking from some of my client-side things. Found it in the code and killed it

Last edited by lunar; 10-12-2017 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Killed the share button
Old 10-13-2017, 01:15 PM   #4
lunar

Default New Feature 10/13/17

Just thought I'd provide a bit of an update, I've added a couple of important features to the app. Now, guests can see the home page without needing to log in, in addition I've given the ability for doms to send a request to subs to get added. In addition, I have removed the share links that were present in the original version. Hope you all have fun with the update.

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
dominant, fond of writing, submissive, writing punishments, writing tasks