Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 07-04-2016, 10:44 AM   #1
Lacram
Mystery Man

Lightbulb Feedback on reports

Hello,

while the current report system is definitely helpful, it doesn't tell us users if our reports were justified. We get no feedback whatsover and have to keep an eye on the threads, profiles or posts we reported in case we want to know if we were right. Knowing that we were right (or wrong) is not just satisfying but helps to develop a sense for report worthy threads and posts.

I used to report quite a lot but can't be arsed to get back into it since i need some kind of feedback. A similar feature already exists for bans, why not implement one for reports as well? All the data is already there.

If you still don't know what it would look like, here's an example:

So, what's your opinion? Utter nonsense or great idea?
Lacram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:55 AM   #2
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

I don't know if this is something that would be possible to implement but the idea isn't bad.

Right now I try to give some feedback when it is something major or if I'm not sure what the person is asking/reporting. But many times it's also something as simple as "wrong area". So PM'ing everyone would probably be time consuming when there are many reports for us.

The one downside I see though is that sometimes members are reporting other users. Making this public could create even more problems, especially when it is about harrassment and such. So even if the majority of reports don't necesarily need to be anonymous it is safer for everyone to have the knowledge that if they report something that they can do so safely and anonymously. I'm afraid that if reports were made public some users would be hesitant to report on such issues.
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:12 AM   #3
Lacram
Mystery Man

Quote:
I don't know if this is something that would be possible to implement but the idea isn't bad.
Rachie should be able to tell us.
Aren't all the reports just posts in a hidden forum anyway?

Quote:
So PM'ing everyone would probably be time consuming when there are many reports for us.
True, that's not an option. I do think that such a system would make it way less time consuming, though.

Quote:
The one downside I see though is that sometimes members are reporting other users. Making this public could create even more problems, especially when it is about harrassment and such. So even if the majority of reports don't necesarily need to be anonymous it is safer for everyone to have the knowledge that if they report something that they can do so safely and anonymously. I'm afraid that if reports were made public some users would be hesitant to report on such issues.
I was thinking the same, hence why it says "Your reports".
There's no sense in making all reports public.
The following user says Thank You to Lacram for this post:
Old 07-04-2016, 11:30 AM   #4
bleonav06
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacram View Post
Hello,

while the current report system is definitely helpful, it doesn't tell us users if our reports were justified. We get no feedback whatsover and have to keep an eye on the threads, profiles or posts we reported in case we want to know if we were right. Knowing that we were right (or wrong) is not just satisfying but helps to develop a sense for report worthy threads and posts.

I used to report quite a lot but can't be arsed to get back into it since i need some kind of feedback. A similar feature already exists for bans, why not implement one for reports as well? All the data is already there.

If you still don't know what it would look like, here's an example:

So, what's your opinion? Utter nonsense or great idea?
I think its a good idea, helps give feedback as to what is allowed and what violates rules because what one person that reports might see as obscene and a violation might actually be allowed and they will continue to report similar threads and users until they learn whether its right or wrong. So it will help declutter the reports which there are apparently a lot of.

Although I am not exactly sure how to create such a system, and it could be costly to pay for someone to come in and do it so I am not sure if it is practical. Maybe they could utilize the admin bot that messages you whenever you make an account to also say whether or not the report was successful and why or why not. There are not that many reasons why things get reported (at least not from what ive seen in my limited experience on here) so you could make it an automated system.

Limits pics vids scat illegal family extreme pain public wedgies messy

No I don't have or want kik or skype don't bother asking nor do I want to be your mistress nor slave

m/19 switch

I don't have any toys

AMA My first story

Spoiler:
Lol you just wasted your time opening this
bleonav06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:48 AM   #5
Lacram
Mystery Man

Quote:
I think its a good idea, helps give feedback as to what is allowed and what violates rules because what one person that reports might see as obscene and a violation might actually be allowed and they will continue to report similar threads and users until they learn whether its right or wrong.
Exactly!

Quote:
Although I am not exactly sure how to create such a system, and it could be costly to pay for someone to come in and do it so I am not sure if it is practical.
Either Depp or Rachie should be able to implement it. As i said earlier, the system is already there, they just have to feed it different variables.

Tags
feature, feedback, reports, suggestion