Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 04-22-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
Collared_Slave
Distinguished Member

Send a message via MSN to Collared_Slave Send a message via Yahoo to Collared_Slave
Default 13 Year old girl strip searched

A 13 year old girl was strip searched after another girl said: she gave me some ibuprofen.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/04/19/scotus.strip.search/

Does anyone else think this was wrong?
Collared_Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:12 PM   #2
Lolly
getDare Sweetheart

This is wrong. Why didn't they call the cops and have them give the girl a lie detector test?
And like if it was false, then the other girl would be in trouble.

Do you want fries with that?
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:15 PM   #3
doomed_soul89
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to doomed_soul89

why did they even believe the lie? and did they really think she was hiding it, I mean maybe tell her to empty her pockets but that's it, I mean what the hell, and why did she go along with it? why didn't she tell them to fuck off or something
doomed_soul89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:08 PM   #4
pranadevil
Distinguished Member

Well, she'd have likely gone along with it because there were three adults who were telling her she had to do it because she was in big trouble otherwise or some such thing. At 13 that sort of crap makes you just follow along quite often when it's parents or teachers (and while this wasn't a teacher, it kinda comes under the same banner).
pranadevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:31 AM   #5
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

I would have told them to go to hell.
Now and last year when I was 13 I would've said the same. It isn't like they thought she was smuggling cocaine or something.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
chain
SysOp & Cougar Trainer

I don't think you guys can expect it to be outlawed. It's probably going to fall under in loco parentis.

Rowing all day, erry Day
chain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #7
Officelover
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Angry

My God! I've heard about this case- yes it is wrong, wrong, wrong! It is in fact a total invasion of privacy.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:07 PM   #8
JJST

It is pretty wrong and unnecessary. Its just too much already to strip search a 13 year old girl in a school.

But they do so just that plainly, someone says "She has drugs" and they go all go crazy searching her on that one statement? They said she didn't have any previous history of problems. What exactly would have prompted a further search?
Old 04-24-2009, 05:42 AM   #9
Tiger
Distinguished Member

They said that the school has a zero tolerance policy for drugs but if someone doesn't feel good or is in pain, they should be able to take Aspirin rather than having to suffer through it all day or having to bring in a note from their doctor. Most teenagers are responsible enough to take the right amount of Aspirin when they need it and not overdose or take it when they don't need it.

As for strip searching, I feel that was way too far. The police could be doing something more helpful than strip searching someone that brought Aspirin to school...like stopping drunk drivers or robbers.
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:17 AM   #10
MasterPain
Distinguished Member

i do have to aggree... pointless!
MasterPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #11
Puggsley

I agree, this was so over the top. And over ibuprofen?! Its not like they were trying to get high, they were in pain, and its an over the counter medication. If it was something that needed such a response, such as Meth or Cocaine or something, they would have called the cops! Strip searching over ibuprofen is just insane and over the top and I hope the girl gets one hell of an award from the school board and the school administrators in question loose their jobs! Crazy!

Puggsley
Puggsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:02 PM   #12
Knots101
Account Banned

That is so fucked... Ibuprofen is tylonal for gods sake! I keep a bottle with me at all times (partly because i have become addicted lol) its not something to think twice about nevermind strip search a little girl! Dirty americans XD
Old 04-24-2009, 08:07 PM   #13
Coyote
getDare Addict

The strip search was going way too far. But i can see where they are coming from. If someone needs medication then they should go to the office instead of taking matters into there own hands. Especially if there is a strict drug policy. And to whoever said something about it being ONLY over the counter medicine. Over the counter medicine can have the exact same effects as perscription drugs and you can get high off of them. And Knots. Since you said that you were addicted to tylenol, that is exactly what they are talking about. If a kid is addicted to a certain drug, then they should not be allowed to carry it around at school to freely take whenever they have an addictive craving.

I was going to say something else but i cannot remember so i end now.
Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:30 PM   #14
Jenna<3

Send a message via MSN to Jenna<3

I couldn't believe that when I heard it! I understand strip-search's for things like coke and marijuana, but for some ibuprofen? Really? I would have probably considered that sexual assault, even if it was school officials!
Turn-offs: Cross-dressing, leather, cheep

1. I support good grammar, so if you have it, don't "tlk lyk dis" (with unnecessary spelling error's), things like "brb" and "lol" are okay
2. I'm not a mistress looking for a slave. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Jenna<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:37 PM   #15
Amelie
getDare Sweetheart

I dont think you can just say I would have told them to fuck off because most people are obedient in situations where there is an authority figure present.

Advertisements
Kink Talk