Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 03-30-2014, 06:02 AM   #1
SlutPuppy
getDare Succubus

Default Collar levels/tiers

I brought this up in chat a few days ago, but I thought I'd make a post on the forums as well to get some more views on it.

What do you think about collar levels/tiers?

Do you use them/have you used them in the past?

If you do, which tier are you currently at in your relationship?

Some of the levels I've seen go as so:

Temporary, Training, Formal, Slave, Permanent. (Note that this doesn't include day collars)

Are they any others not included on this list that you use/have seen used?

What do you think the appropriate amount of time at each tier should be, if there is one?

Also add anything else of importance to the collar tiering system that you think should be added

booty booty booty booty rockin' everywhere

Sex Map HERE

Likes/Dislikes/Limits

SlutPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:23 PM   #2
BrianJ
Account Banned

Regardless of the level / tier, a sub wearing your collar represents you. It's not something that should be given or worn lightly.

Temporary collars in my experience are more used when protecting another sub. I've seen them worn in munches so the sub wouldn't be overwhelmed with attention and/or attract the wrong person. I've never given someone a temporary collar.

Training collars I have used before. There have only been a few who have been worthy enough to wear this collar for me. This is a reminder to them that they are committed to being a submissive and they also represent someone else.

I've never heard of formal or slave collars. I guess the formal might be more elegant, and to me the definition between sub and slave depends on the couple in question.

No one has ever worn my true collar. There was a sub that came close, but I thought I was going to give up the lifestyle and let her go. To her credit she never asked for it, but she might have been the only sub that I would have truly considered giving it to.

I have heard of households using a collar ranking system so subs knew where they fall in stature within the house. A dog collar was the lowest with varying rankings up from there.

I'm fine with them as long as the intentions and the reasoning behind giving the collar is clear.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:21 AM   #3
redhusky17
getDare Devil

Collars are objects , it gets meaning from the sub/slave & owner/master.
Because every sub/slave & owner/master are different, so is the relationship. Some dont have levels/tiers system at all, some have the classic style, some have a more custom style. It all depends from sub&owner .
You can have your own levels.
I read somewhere a collar levels by the slave role. That the first level the slave is a servant, does cleaning cooking, but cant touch his/her owner. At the next level, the slave can help his/her owner with cloths, showering , hair cut, but cant do nothing sexual . And finally , has the right to have sexual fun with his/her owner .
Dislike: public, , staying up,fart
Limits :permanent, blood,scat, illegal
wags tail
[COLOR="Magenta"]I'm a puppy who needs to be housebroken, please train
PM Dares
redhusky17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:16 AM   #4
StrawDog
getDare Succubus

Love your questions, Plut, and do wish you'd post more. Also, where are your answers?

For some it works, others not. I agree with an above point raised that significance is imbued by the pair or collective. It's not something I generally use outide of pet play. I do use them for bondage, and humiliation, but they are not part of a code.

I have used collars if someone is going into a set period of service to me, however my preferred method is for the submissive to buy or make a small piece of jewelry. I also keep a nice, bright but dirty dog collar to embarrass those who lose bets to me, but again that is not part of the tier system.

n/a

Temporary, Training, Formal, Slave, Permanent. (Note that this doesn't include day collars)

Well, there have been those coded for events (colour/material, etc), which is useful if they are part of the set up and everyone knows what they signify. My issue with collar ranking (in a social context) is that they are an outward display of something that has very different meaning to those who use them. If I were part of a circle, or group, I'd find it useful to see and understand exactly what is going on at a glance, but I don't really play socially and for many that doesn't apply. In a private context, however, the wearing of a collar can bring strength, security, and help the submissive into that head-space, though that again depends on significance given.

What do you think the appropriate amount of time at each tier should be, if there is one?

I really couldn't answer that question. If such rankings are used, the earning of each should be an achievement and have deep significance. How can that be measured over time, and what is the comparison? My interest in submission has always been the state, which is not necessarily present in the act. Using a tier system at this time would therefore not be useful for me. That may change in future.

Thank you!

'A man’s character is most evident by how he treats those who are not in a position either to retaliate or reciprocate.'

-Paul Eldridge
StrawDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:09 PM   #5
drwarschauu
getDare Devil

I love making subs or slaves wear collars. They look sexy and make it perfectly clear they are owned.

Levels/tiers? I never knew there was such a thing! I just decide how/when to make a girl wear them according to my own judgement.

On me? No. I've made slaves wear collars in the past, even if they were of the makeshift kind.

None at all yet.

It seems pretty complete.

I don't know about tiers. I don't believe in that. If you know your sub well enough, I think you as a Master/Mistress know well enough when and for what duration your sub could and should wear a collar. I think it's a gut thing, not something you can decide with a one-size-fits-all list.

PM dares
drwarschauu is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
collar, levels, master, slave, submissives