Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 05-13-2012, 02:30 AM   #1
muffinfairy
getDare Devil

Star 1 Suggestion: Re: Deletion

I know MBP has recently made a sticky about this subject.
Not the good type of sticky.

With the amount of constant requests around this subject I think we can all say that most people don't read the privacy statement. So I was thinking is it worth when signing up to the site:

To have a pop-up confirmation box telling users
by joining the site you are offering your soul to
Depp and crew.
Which stipulates the lack of account deletion.

This will not affect the current users. However, the Welcome Bot's cousin could always send a bi-monthly reminder out to users that they'll never leave. It could be in the format of Liar's Dice, with the bot simply stating a simple phrase such as:

"After the recent, automatically generated, results of Liar's Dice
you have xx years long service to getDare remaining."

Or, create a special section for Delete requests which doesn't feed into the Unread Posts update, etc. Then everyone can just ignore those messages. It'd be like a fancy, self-contained Trashcan.
muffinfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 users say Thank You to muffinfairy for this post:
Old 05-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

First off, I thought it was a good sticky. It took a lot of hard work to make it (not really)

Hmm, that could be good. The only issue is people might just click out of that without reading. I am just going to play devils advocate here, but note for the most part I like these ideas. The biggest issue is that people are stupid and don't like to read, even if it comes up. I feel as though the reminder bot might become annoying and if we set up a delete area, people are going to be pissed when their account isn't deleted, after requesting it three months ago and being on every day since then.

Will not do: Anal, Messy, Public

Kik:Mbpgetdare
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #3
muffinfairy
getDare Devil

You can create a new sticky in there that says due to the insane complexity of the deletion process it can take up to 6 months to register. However, IF the account is logged back into - it all has to start from scratch again. Make them sound responsible.
muffinfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:27 PM   #4
comicslave
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to comicslave

Really if someone wants to delete their account open Note and type random like this: UG8oYUGOLDHSU then you will copy and paste that to your new PW and not save the PW in any way, once done they can't enter site unless they get a new PW and well really that takes more effort. So then it is really on them.

But over all that is to people that want to odds are these people are looking for some sort of attention and want to waste peoples time or just some one playing a joke on them.
comicslave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delete, potc references, stop looking up my skirt, suggestion, suggestions