Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 12-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #1051
Intumesce

Send a message via MSN to Intumesce

I have a question about Series Five that has been haunting me for a while.

We've heard Davros' voice in the series before and we heard the voice of The Silent in the TARDIS, is it me or do those two voices sound eerily alike. It might be my mind playing tricks on me though.

Edit: So, I grabbed YouTube and proved myself wrong.

Last edited by Intumesce; 12-28-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Intumesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #1052
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intumesce View Post

We've heard Davros' voice in the series before and we heard the voice of The Silent in the TARDIS, is it me or do those two voices sound eerily alike. It might be my mind playing tricks on me though.

It's a possibility since the reality bomb was refereed to as the silence of all universes once or twice.

though i believe its a man who hates his own race, a man who is no longer of this universe and wants to pull us into the void with him. Omega

but i think Christmas specials were as followed.
1. A Chirstmas Carol
2. The Christmas invasion
3. The runaway bride
4. Voyage of the damned.
5. The End of time
6. The next doctor
Old 12-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #1053
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

My Christmas Spesh Ratings (Best to Worst)

1. A Christmas Carol
2. The Christmas Invasion

3. The Runaway Bride

4. The Next Doctor

5. Voyage of the Damned

6. The End of Time (Part One)
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:57 PM   #1054
drvaleyard
getDare Sweetheart

1. The End of Time (Also my favorite story)
  2. A Christmas Carol
  3. The Christmas Invasion
  4. The Next Doctor
  5. The Runaway Bride
  6. Voyage of the Damned

I think I'm changing two of mine on where they rank.
  1. The End of Time (Also my favorite story)
  2. A Christmas Carol
  3. The Christmas Invasion
  4. The Runaway Bride
  5. The Next Doctor
  6. Voyage of the Damned

Just wondering Doctor were there supposed to be pictures between some of your rankings? There spaced weird or you thought just what the heck?

I also notice mine is vastly different from the Doctor and Harkness.

What are your two's opinions on each Christmas special?

My Return and Regeneration!

This has been moved to my blog.

I have been away for a while and needed a fresh start. So read my update and Hello again!

LGBT Community Thread

drvaleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:09 PM   #1055
drvaleyard
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intumesce View Post

Well, a lot of fan think it might be Omega. Most likely, it might be something new, in my opinion.

What I'm hoping for is the return of the Valeyard. I know it says the Valeyard is born during between the 12th and final incarnation of the Doctor. It still does not mean he can pull a River Song or something and meet the Doctor in his later timeline. By the way, Valeyard is supposed to be the Doctor's evil incarnation. He is in the classic Sixth Doctor story, The Trial of a Time Lord. Although it a very bonkers episode.

I have been away for a while and needed a fresh start. So read my update and Hello again!

LGBT Community Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 03:13 AM   #1056
Intumesce

Send a message via MSN to Intumesce

If it's Omega, could "the Other" be involved. *has been reading on wiki's*. It's rumoured that the Other is The Doctor, so that'd be cool.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:40 AM   #1057
Dark_blazing_Angel

Default I agree! Hurray for the new doctor

Long live the FEZ!
Dark_blazing_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:30 AM   #1058
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

He wears a Stetson now.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:15 PM   #1059
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

The End of Time (Also my favorite story)
A Christmas Carol
The Christmas Invasion
The Runaway Bride
The Next Doctor
Voyage of the Damned

Really? May I ask why "TEOT" is your favourite story, "drvaleyard"?

Also, the gaps just indicate how much I hate the stories, hence "TEOT" is wayyyyy wayyyy down.

TEOT: Hate, hate hate, ugh.
ACC: Excellent.
TCI: Pure genius, clever, novel.
TRB: Fun, loud, Christmassy, mad, great.
TND: Shit.
VOTD: Awful mess.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

*is also hoping for a Valeyard*

However, Moffat would probably opt to use his Dream Lord, as it's a similar and under-developed concept anyway.

The Other? Far too obscure and fanwanky, sorry.

Stetsons are cool.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:57 AM   #1060
drvaleyard
getDare Sweetheart

Nuclear Reply to the Doctor!

Ha ha! Yes, I love The End of Time episode. My favorite stories in most TV shows and movies are the tragedy ones. Before I became a Doctor Who fan, I was really into the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica, by Ron Moore and it was a very dark show. Most stories that I write are usually dark and angsty. So I guess, I feel The End of Time fits the bill. Also David Tennant is my favorite Doctor and yes, I know some people did not like the Lonely God theme, but I love it. I guess, it is more of a question of taste for me. Also John Simm was amazing in the episode. Plus it had the best regeneration scene so far. I love to see what Moffat will do for Matt Smith's regeneration scene to try to top Tennant's. The one thing I hated was Timothy Dalton's spit! Why did they not edit that one?

Did you not like Tennant's Doctor?
Also did you hate The End of Time story? If so what would you have done?

------------------------------------

I love the evil, Doctor concept with the Valeyard! Can you imagine what havoc the Doctor could do if he is evil.

Yes, I think you are right on that one, but one can hope!

I have only seen a few Classic Doctor Who episodes, at least one for each Doctor. They are not easy to find in the U.S.

Who is The Other?

Yes, Stetsons are cool!

I can't wait for the Area 51 episode.

I have been wondering, why Area 51 has not been used that much in Doctor Who. I guess, Dreamland, but I don't know if it is canon or not.

I love the fact the Doctor was sitting in the President's chair in the Oval Office!

One thing, I can do to make you smile! I no longer hate Matt Smith's Doctor!

LGBT Community Thread

Last edited by drvaleyard; 12-30-2010 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #1061
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

I didn't mind "The Lonely God" until RTD over-did it. Also, John Simm fucks me off. His Master was good, but the writing let it down. And CGI-lazer-bolt-firey-freak? No. That's not the Master. What the fuck was that? RTD having a wankfest, clearly. And then Simm hammed it up beyond belief. The sooner we get a new Master, the better. It was also, IMO, an awful regeneration. The music was OTT, the last words were, frankly, pathetic, and I just kept wanting him to fuck off, especially after the last 20 minutes he'd spent wandering around staring mildly at people.

Personally, I hope Moffat doesn't go for LOUD AND EPIC. I think, actually, he'll settle for a quieter regeneration (maybe in a similar vein to Nine, or even Three-Four). To try and top each new regeneration would be stupid (ala series finales). Just my opinion of course.

I like S3 Tennant and part of S4 Tennant. The rest is OTT rubbish, IMO. Too many catchphrases, too many fanwanky spasms, too much "I'm quirky like Tom Baker" moments and, for me, this was a man playing the Doctor. Matt just *is* the Doctor, whereas I felt Tennant was always "the quirky fanboy pretending". ALLONS-Y, yawn.

If I was asked to write Tennant's swansong, I probably would've had a quieter story, a one-part mini-epic. Actually, no. I'd have him regenerate at the end of "The Waters of Mars" - a consequence of his arrogance, without the chance to redeem himself.

The Other is a fanwanky thing from "Lungbarrow". In its most basic description, he's from the Ancient Time and was a man who eventually went on to become the Doctor.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #1062
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvaleyard View Post
[LIST=1]
I also notice mine is vastly different from the Doctor and Harkness.

What are your two's opinions on each Christmas special?
I think our opinions are formed more on the bases of the old episodes.
I didn't mind the master been a blue skeleton occasionally but the lightening took the piss.
And the thing that killed The End Of Time for me was the timelords been evil. Just out of character and an insult tbh.

The reason i couldnt stand The Next Doctor was it wasn't answering all questions. no way would a cyberman accept help from a human.1 and the giant one was shit and unexplainable until Moffat dragged it back up with the cracks in time and space. We must assume all alien activity has been effected by the cracks in time.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #1063
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Time Lords have always been evil and corrupted...

(And Cybies have had human helpers beforehand - admittedly before turning them into Cybermen themselves.)
Old 01-01-2011, 11:22 PM   #1064
drvaleyard
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
I didn't mind "The Lonely God" until RTD over-did it. Also, John Simm fucks me off. His Master was good, but the writing let it down. And CGI-lazer-bolt-firey-freak? No. That's not the Master. What the fuck was that? RTD having a wankfest, clearly. And then Simm hammed it up beyond belief. The sooner we get a new Master, the better. It was also, IMO, an awful regeneration. The music was OTT, the last words were, frankly, pathetic, and I just kept wanting him to fuck off, especially after the last 20 minutes he'd spent wandering around staring mildly at people.

Personally, I hope Moffat doesn't go for LOUD AND EPIC. I think, actually, he'll settle for a quieter regeneration (maybe in a similar vein to Nine, or even Three-Four). To try and top each new regeneration would be stupid (ala series finales). Just my opinion of course.

I like S3 Tennant and part of S4 Tennant. The rest is OTT rubbish, IMO. Too many catchphrases, too many fanwanky spasms, too much "I'm quirky like Tom Baker" moments and, for me, this was a man playing the Doctor. Matt just *is* the Doctor, whereas I felt Tennant was always "the quirky fanboy pretending". ALLONS-Y, yawn.

If I was asked to write Tennant's swansong, I probably would've had a quieter story, a one-part mini-epic. Actually, no. I'd have him regenerate at the end of "The Waters of Mars" - a consequence of his arrogance, without the chance to redeem himself.

The Other is a fanwanky thing from "Lungbarrow". In its most basic description, he's from the Ancient Time and was a man who eventually went on to become the Doctor.
I get where you coming from. When I have talked to others fans. There usually two camps for the Tenth Doctor. One hated the Lonely God and the overtopness of the Tenth Doctor and the other really loved it. As you can tell, I fell into the latter camp.

I'm starting to get the impression of American's seem to love David Tennant as the Doctor and often hear some of them quit when he left. It is a shame, Matt Smith is doing a good job. I remember way back you told me just give Matt some time and I will like him. That is what I did and I love him as the Doctor. Even though Tennant still has a very special place in my heart (That sounded really gay. lol).

Edit:
You have to give Tennant credit for kicking the door down for Doctor Who. Underneath Tennant, Doctor Who became mainstream in the United Kingdom again and created a cult following in the U.S., since the Tom Baker years. Now leaving Matt Smith to build upon it.

Ahh... I totally loved John Simm's Master. The thing that did bug me was during the chase in the junkyard. I kept thinking how on earth did the Doctor catch up with him. The Master jumped great distances. Although, I loved the chase music, wish it was in the soundtrack.

Although, I loved the regenration scene from The End of Time. I do love your alternate version of the regenration for Waters of Mars. Since I have a thing for tragedies.

You know what would be funny. If Ood Sigma walked up to him and said, "You had to be a douche and screw up time."

"Ehh... Allonsy!"

ZAPPP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Harkness View Post
I think our opinions are formed more on the bases of the old episodes.
I didn't mind the master been a blue skeleton occasionally but the lightening took the piss.
And the thing that killed The End Of Time for me was the timelords been evil. Just out of character and an insult tbh.

The reason i couldnt stand The Next Doctor was it wasn't answering all questions. no way would a cyberman accept help from a human.1 and the giant one was shit and unexplainable until Moffat dragged it back up with the cracks in time and space. We must assume all alien activity has been effected by the cracks in time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post

Time Lords have always been evil and corrupted...

(And Cybies have had human helpers beforehand - admittedly before turning them into Cybermen themselves.)
I alway thought the Time Lords were dicks. As you British say, they were really posh. So it does not surprise me they became arrogant and evil by the end of the Time War. Plus when they resurrected their evil founder, Rassilon to lead them as Lord President during the war. What do you expect?

I also don't think Cybermen were like, "Hey I think she can help us." I think they thought, "We can use this bitch for our plans." (Possibly with less emotion...)

LGBT Community Thread

Last edited by drvaleyard; 01-01-2011 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Added Something
Old 01-04-2011, 08:06 AM   #1065
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Oh. Hello.

David Tennant is engaged to Georgia Moffett, the Doctor's "daughter".

Literally, too, as she's Fifth Doctor Peter Davison's daughter!

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
doctor who, torchwood