Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 03-06-2024, 09:46 PM   #1
Azyliux
Baby Member

Information Anonymous Messaging with Signal Messanger - No phone number exposed

Hello All,

kik messenger seems to have been the go-to for anonymous kinky messaging for a long while, and I think we all know it is a dumpster fire. People are often asking about alternatives.

The most secure messenger app out there for a while with regards to keeping conversations private has been Signal Messenger. It's what security professionals, whistleblowers, political activists and journalists have all been using as the gold standard in secure messaging for quite a while now. I have long used Signal for ongoing online D/s dynamics and been very happy with it, especially the way it keeps pictures and video stored securely and independently. Unfortunately it has always required exposing a phone number to the person you are talking to. This is a big downside if you want to be anonymous to the person you are messaging. Until now.

Signal can now be used without exposing a phone number and allows you to establish a conversation with a username. Even better, that username can be changed at any time without losing the connections you have already established so it operates more like a temporary alias. You do still need a phone number to register with Signal (they state that this is to reduce spam creation of new accounts) but no other user ever needs to know about it.

More information on this new feature of Signal Messenger can be found here in their blog post.

Now some people will be saying, we already have an alternative in Telegram and that is true. It has been possible to use Telegram in a similar way to the way Signal works now without exposing your phone number. The big difference for me is that Signal has secure privacy as it's number one feature. No-one, no-one, can ever read your messages except the sender and receiver. It is designed from the ground up to be a highly secure messenger.

For anyone who uses kik for anonymous messaging and hates it, I can now finally recommend Signal as a highly secure and completely anonymous alternative.

If you would like to test it out with me, my Signal Messenger username is currently in my signature below.

Azyliux

Loves (giving): Edging & Orgasm Control, Discipline & Punishment, Humiliation, Anal, Bondage, Exposure
Limits: Dangerous/Self-Destructive, Illegal, Disrespect, Dishonesty

Here are my default safeword rules for online play. While I don't have any PM dares, I welcome contact from everyone who wants to PM or contact me on Signal Messenger (username: Azyliux.69).

Owner of zero. Master participating in the Female Slave Market.
Azyliux is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Azyliux for this post:

Advertisements
Kink Talk