Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

View Poll Results: What is the most annoying thing about online M/s
First come first served 18 35.29%
Broken Cameras 17 33.33%
Anoyingly Short Posts 27 52.94%
Desperate People 23 45.10%
Other (explain in post) 9 17.65%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
phanmail
Distinguished Member

Location: In the depths of a bunker deep beneath the artic ice caps
Default What annoys you most about online M/s

Online M/s is definitely a unique environment so I thought it would be cathartic for people vent their frustrations with this medium here. I'll start

One of the number one things that annoy me are the "first come, first served posts" these are the posters (almost always female) that post an add and after one person responds to them they post saying they've found a master. This makes no sense to me, as a female slave you have pretty much free reign to pick whoever you want, why settle for the person who just happened to message you first?

Another thing that annoys me is the "Broken cam" phenomena, it states that within thirty minutes of purchase a female owned webcam will either break, get lost or be stolen by the Underpants Gnomes. I understand the reluctance to go on cam but why lie about the state of your cam? Why not just be honest and say you don't want to go on cam.

Thanks for listening to my rants and feel free to post your own, but make sure they remain clean and within the rules.
phanmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:38 AM   #2
yours_slave
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to yours_slave

Ha ha. A good poll. I voted for all, except last option. And another thing which annoys me most is fake females.
yours_slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:58 AM   #3
-Mistress-
Account Banned

Broken cameras & short posts !
-Mistress- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:57 PM   #4
sir_snake1134
Account Banned

Send a message via AIM to sir_snake1134 Send a message via MSN to sir_snake1134 Send a message via Yahoo to sir_snake1134

I think flesh is best, and cant be replaced by any online interaction. and plus, you never can truly know someone when you're online. that's just my opinion.

Quote:
[5:04:18]Redhead18: "Making a deal with snake is like making a deal with the devil.
There is no greater pleasure than to have control of the pleasure of another. No aphrodisiac is as potent or as invigorating as holding sway over anothers bliss

Spoiler:
He's the Snake Getdare deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hate him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our Snake. He's a silent troll, a sadistic bastard. A compleate asshole.

You know you love us
sir_snake1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:59 AM   #5
phanmail
Distinguished Member

Location: In the depths of a bunker deep beneath the artic ice caps

Another thing that annoys me is Female seeking Female. I've got nothing against someone liking girls but it is a bit trying when every single quality ad is a female looking for a female...
phanmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:22 AM   #6
Ribbit101
getDare Sweetheart

All of the above.

Seeking Submissives

Old advert
Ribbit101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:28 AM   #7
Komodo Jones
getDare Succubus

Even though I'm still actively involved in that section there are so many things going on there that just ticks me off. Too many to list in a individual poll that's for sure. One thing that was not listed was long detailed ads that are really great that don't get any responses. Another thing not listed was stupid guys that are so horny that won't read the ad when it says reply only by a pm or an e-mail, and posts on the thread itself. I've gone on a rant on some other things listed here in my blog so I won't post the rest of it here.

38/male/partially bi/switch
D/s Status: Protector, Dom and Daddy of pixie.dust

I love meeting new, nice, smart people. I communicate through Discord mainly.

What are my limits/likes/supplies?
Click here!

Check Out my Literary Works
Targeting the Ignored [Fiction]
Some Stuff I've Done (Non-Fiction)
Komodo Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:18 PM   #8
minimarshmellow
Distinguished Member

Angry

I voted: First come first served, Anoyingly Short Posts, Desperate People. I also think that it is annoying that the people who put alot of details and info into their ads get no replys, yet some fake can get lots of replies. The really short ads shouldnt even exist. There should be a word minimum on the ads.

Married. Asexual. Certified Professional Hypnotist. Wholesomely Evil.
Neurodivergent. Official Snack Professional.

Ask me all of your hypnosis questions HERE!
minimarshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:03 AM   #9
awkward_ant

I'm new to this forum, but I have noticed a couple things that are annoying.

First - The contradicting post. This is where someone advertises in their ad and the title that they are a 21 year old Mistress looking for a slave, then clicking her recent post shows threads where she advertises to be an 18 year old slave.

Second - Lack of thought or effort put into ads, and when people use the words "no limit", because everyone has limits. Perhaps in a fantasy land they do not.

I'm not realistically expecting to find a significant other here, but I still like hanging out around these forums in the short time I've been here.

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable" - Socrates 400BC
awkward_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:48 PM   #10
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

I agree that the things listed in the poll can be quite annoying. Although in many cases it seems to be due to inexperience and /or lack of communication skills... particularly the short ads and "first come first served" issues. Again the "broken cam" is also a communication issue...

There are quite a few things that I could list as annoying concerning online M/s although for the most part they exist in real-time too, perhaps to slightly lesser degree...

My biggest pet peeve about online M/s and that reaaaallyyyy gets on my nerves is people not realizing that establishing contact, relationships and etiquette in general works the same damn way online as it would in person. I mean... let's take for ex. how some people respond to an ad with something clever like "ill b ur master"... Really? Do you also approach girls in person saying "I'll be your boyfriend"? >.<

Aside from that the things that annoy me pretty much exists all-around: lack of honesty and transparency, desperate people, lack of communication and general immaturity unfortunately can be found in real time too.
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk