Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 06-23-2018, 09:05 PM   #1
Jaro
A filthy maggot anal whore

Default getDare habits

Some specific questions about how you use getDare.
  1. Do you actually log off and log in each time, or did you check the box to always remain logged in?
  2. Do you show your online status? Why?
  3. Do you have a standard getDare routine, with regards to what times you get on here and what things you do in what order? If so, what is your getDare routine?
  4. Do you have any specific getDare rules, like you must be naked or plugged when on getDare or you have to talk in 3rd person in your posts? If yes, who gave you that rule?
  5. Do you look at peoples signatures? Do you click links in there?
  6. Do you have a friend/contact adding/accepting strategy? If so, what is it?
  7. Did you pay for a subscription? If so, which of the benefits that come with this do you like/use?
  8. How many and what kind of pm messages do you usually get? What are your thoughts on them?
  9. How far back do you generally go when you browse the forums? Do you only look at the first page or new posts? Do you use the search feature?
  10. Do you ever look at the ban list? What do you think of that?
  11. Do you ever look at the 'who's online' list? Do you find this useful?
  12. Do you ever use the getDare notepad? Why?
  13. Do you set that you get an email when you get a pm, people post/comment a blog, comment in a thread? If so, for which do you set to receive emails?
  14. Is getDare your favorite place on the internet? If not, why the hell not!?

Worm owned by
Princess Butterfly

Likes & LimitsToysAMA

Check out my truths and dares here

Jaro is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to Jaro for this post:
Old 06-24-2018, 08:30 AM   #2
MasterCaz
getDare Sweetheart

Talking

1. Do you actually log off and log in each time, or did you check the box to always remain logged in? Yes. I use GD mostly on my phone which doesn't store cookies due to privacy settings.
  2. Do you show your online status? Why? Yes. I don't mind others seeing why I'm up to...
  3. Do you have a standard getDare routine, with regards to what times you get on here and what things you do in what order? If so, what is your getDare routine? Generally nights and weekends. I start by checking PMs and subscribed threads, then check for new ads, then search for new posts. I check chat sometimes.
  4. Do you have any specific getDare rules, like you must be naked or plugged when on getDare or you have to talk in 3rd person in your posts? If yes, who gave you that rule? N/a
  5. Do you look at peoples signatures? Do you click links in there? Yes. Sometimes--if it's interesting.
  6. Do you have a friend/contact adding/accepting strategy? If so, what is it? No.
  7. Did you pay for a subscription? If so, which of the benefits that come with this do you like/use? No.
  8. How many and what kind of pm messages do you usually get? What are your thoughts on them? Not many...mix of conversations and sometimes random subs begging for Dares or permission to do something. The latter can be interesting or annoying.
  9. How far back do you generally go when you browse the forums? Do you only look at the first page or new posts? Do you use the search feature? Forums I go back maybe 1 page. I like to search for new threads started in the last day/week with at most 5 replies.
  10. Do you ever look at the ban list? What do you think of that? Rarely. No thoughts.
  11. Do you ever look at the 'who's online' list? Do you find this useful? Rarely. No.
  12. Do you ever use the getDare notepad? Why? Never. What is it?
  13. Do you set that you get an email when you get a pm, people post/comment a blog, comment in a thread? If so, for which do you set to receive emails? Only for PMs.
  14. Is getDare your favorite place on the internet? If not, why the hell not!? lol
My Daregiving likes/dislikes
MasterCaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 12:01 PM   #3
Zenitech

Nice idea!
  1. Do you actually log off and log in each time, or did you check the box to always remain logged in? I'm using private browsing when going to getDare, so I have to login everytime. I'm doing that because I sometime use my computer in front of somebody else, and I'm not willing to see getdare as a suggestion when I type something in the address bar.
  2. Do you show your online status? Why? I do, it's the default and never got a reason to change it.
  3. Do you have a standard getDare routine, with regards to what times you get on here and what things you do in what order? If so, what is your getDare routine? I always start by looking my control panel, unless I've got a PM in which case it's the priority. There I can see if someone answered a topic to which I contributed, and potentially answer back. Then I don't do anything specific, I just wander wherever I want on the forums.
  4. Do you have any specific getDare rules, like you must be naked or plugged when on getDare or you have to talk in 3rd person in your posts? If yes, who gave you that rule? Not currently, and I don't like that idea too much because I sometimes login only a couple seconds to see if I received a PM or something.
  5. Do you look at peoples signatures? Do you click links in there? Yes, almost always actually. But this is mostly because I contribute a lot in the "person above" threads, and I want to know the "person above" better so that I can give a proper dare.
  6. Do you have a friend/contact adding/accepting strategy? If so, what is it? I don't usually add anybody as a friend, but I will accept friend requests if I got to talk a little bit with given person.
  7. Did you pay for a subscription? If so, which of the benefits that come with this do you like/use? I didn't even know it existed, but I do not tend to pay any kind of subscription on the internet as I am still a student with no revenue.
  8. How many and what kind of pm messages do you usually get? What are your thoughts on them? Rarely more than 1 per day, but I love receiving them and almost always answer them.
  9. How far back do you generally go when you browse the forums? Do you only look at the first page or new posts? Do you use the search feature? I sometimes go up to 5 pages back. Again, depends on what I'm currently looking. I've occasionally used the search feature when looking for something precise.
  10. Do you ever look at the ban list? What do you think of that? I've already checked it, I love the transparency but there is not really anything to look for there.
  11. Do you ever look at the 'who's online' list? Do you find this useful? Only so that I can see if there are a lot of people online. Before, I sometimes picked someone randomly and sent him/her a PM dare if (s)he had any.
  12. Do you ever use the getDare notepad? Why? Yes, I put there the dares that I have yet to complete.
  13. Do you set that you get an email when you get a pm, people post/comment a blog, comment in a thread? If so, for which do you set to receive emails? I'm using a "trash" email address for getDare, so I have those notification enabled for PM only I think, but never use them really. Sometimes I just clear the inbox, but there is never anything I haven't already seen there.
  14. Is getDare your favorite place on the internet? If not, why the hell not!? Wouldn't say that. It's a cool website, but it got a lot of flaws. The major one being the "new people" that participate in some dare threads with no understanding of the rules in there. Whether you have to give them a dare, or you're supposed to get a dare from them, you never receive a proper answer.
Zenitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:03 PM   #4
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaro View Post
  1. Do you actually log off and log in each time, or did you check the box to always remain logged in?
    On my phone and home computer it is logged in automatically, but at work I use incognito mode so I have to sign in everytime.
    I go back and forth. I will use invisible mode when I don't want to receive as many pms or be bothered. If I show as online, I get twice as many random messages. I will also turn it off when I want to stalk people a bit.
  3. Do you have a standard getDare routine, with regards to what times you get on here and what things you do in what order? If so, what is your getDare routine?
    I come on at irregular times during the day. Usually the first thing I do when I log in is click user CP to see if there are any subscribed threads that have been updated. Then I go through the unread posts in the top right corner (usually all 8 pages) and then I check the blogs page. I also usually log into chat while I am here as well.
  4. Do you have any specific getDare rules, like you must be naked or plugged when on getDare or you have to talk in 3rd person in your posts? If yes, who gave you that rule?
    My only getDare specific rule is that on Little days, I am supposed to stick to chat.
    I only look at their signatures if I am curious about them, or writing a task for them.
    I add contacts for people I want to keep track of. I only add people as friends if we have spoken enough for me to feel comfortable with them seeing photos of me.
  7. Did you pay for a subscription? If so, which of the benefits that come with this do you like/use?
    Yes I did. I like it because of the custom user title and the increased PM box space.
  8. How many and what kind of pm messages do you usually get? What are your thoughts on them?
    I get about 5 or 6 min a day these days. They are usually mod related, but some are thread specific and I get a lot of spam. I like receiving friendly pms.
  9. How far back do you generally go when you browse the forums? Do you only look at the first page or new posts? Do you use the search feature?
    I do not use the search feature, and honestly I don't typically browse the forums unless it is in search for something specific. I usually only look at the unread posts.
    I do periodically. It can be interesting. However, I usually forget about it.
    no
    No. I honestly forget it is there and just don't have a need for it.
  13. Do you set that you get an email when you get a pm, people post/comment a blog, comment in a thread? If so, for which do you set to receive emails?
    I get an email every night to notify me of updates on all subscribed threads. I get an email when I get a pm or friend request. I also get an email when somebody comments on one of my blogs, or on a blog that I am subscribed to. And I get an email when people comment on my ad.
Of course it is!!! Well, it is tied with Disney World!

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:21 PM   #5
striker101

Always logged in.

Yes. Didn't occur to me to turn it off, that it could be turned off...

No. It's random.

No

Yes, I frequently read signatures. Don't click links very often though.

Not really, just need some good interactions (usually in chat) first.

No. Didn't even realize that was a thing.

Not many. They're alright, but outside messengers like Kik are way better/more convenient.

It depends. Usually the first few pages, but sometimes I'll jump back like 50+ pages to see something different.

Nope. Another thing that I didn't know was a thing.

Rarely. Not a bad feature, I'm just not too concerned about who is or isn't online most of the time.

No. Haven't had a reason to.

No.

Sorry, but it's not even close. It can be a fun site and all, but I'd take Facebook, Tumblr, Reddit, and a bunch of other websites over it.

Kik: DaredDominated | Skype: doubledown101

Limits: Public, Illegal, Friends/Family (please leave other people out of it), Scat/Diapers, Blood, Shaving, Social Suicide, Highly Messy, Cross-dressing

Likes: If it's not listed above, I'll at least give it a try even if a don't exactly 'like' it. Pleasing others is more my priority.

Feel free to message me. I will provide proof of dares.
striker101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 11:15 AM   #6
PinkAndPurple98

Do you actually log off and log in each time, or did you check the box to always remain logged in?
I just close the page, never log off
Do you show your online status? Why?
So people can see I am online! Not that I get any PMs
Do you have a standard getDare routine, with regards to what times you get on here and what things you do in what order? If so, what is your getDare routine?
Nope
Do you have any specific getDare rules, like you must be naked or plugged when on getDare or you have to talk in 3rd person in your posts? If yes, who gave you that rule?
No but it might be fun to be given some
Do you look at peoples signatures? Do you click links in there?
Yes! I love looking at peoples signatures! That is where some of the most interesting threads are linked
Do you have a friend/contact adding/accepting strategy? If so, what is it?
I accept all friend requests because I want to talk to more people
Did you pay for a subscription? If so, which of the benefits that come with this do you like/use?
Nope
How many and what kind of pm messages do you usually get? What are your thoughts on them?
I get very few, typically just the occasional PM dare
How far back do you generally go when you browse the forums? Do you only look at the first page or new posts? Do you use the search feature?
I don't use the search bar very often, I mostly just browse through a few pages
Do you ever look at the ban list? What do you think of that?
I have a few times, it can be interesting to see
Do you ever look at the 'who's online' list? Do you find this useful?
Sometimes, it don't really know anyone though so it ain't that useful
Do you ever use the getDare notepad? Why?
Don't even know what that is?
Do you set that you get an email when you get a pm, people post/comment a blog, comment in a thread? If so, for which do you set to receive emails?
Nooo, that would just annoy me
Is getDare your favorite place on the internet? If not, why the hell not!?
It is a fun website! Maybe not my favourite though
PinkAndPurple98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 11:31 AM   #7
Foxy Rose
Incurable romantic and dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaro View Post

Always logged in, whether on my phone or laptop at home. I'm addicted.

I've got nothing to hide. I can choose to acknowledge you or not.

Not really. If I have PM's I usually check those first, then check the forums to see if there are any interesting stuff I need to know about. I usually only chat on my laptop, it's easier.

No rules. I have had a set of rules/instructions while I was on voice in discord one evening.

If someone checks out my profile, I for sure like to check up on them. Sometimes they fascinate me, sometimes not so much.

Yes and no. I've recently cleared some of the people who were on my friend/contact list. Due to no more communication or them being inactive.

I've not, yet. I might consider it. Just for the benefit of me being nice and wanting this site to stay up!

I get really dumb ones asking for dares, or saying my mistress/master ish! I usually reply rudely or ignore and delete. Then I do get nice ones from people who make me smile.

I usually look at the first page. If it's someone who interests me, I go to their profile and search for their activity.

I do. Some of the reasons crack me up. People are dumb!

Not usually. I like to live on the edge

There's a notepad?

I did in the beginning. I don't have the need to constantly know when someone commented. If I want to be on here, I will be.
Of course. Next to discord. Just because.... voice chats

Hufflepuff 💛
Flower: 🌻
Sun sign: ♈
Moon sign: ♊
Rising sign: ♋
She / her / hers

My AD looking for a DOM

For a love like this is what I crave, deserve, desire, need and want

Every breath, every hour, has come to this

I just want you to know who I am
Foxy Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:26 PM   #8
Consensus
Distinguished Member

This is a good idea. I approve of this thread. Because you so need my approval for a thread...

I do. I use a shared laptop and so I leave no trace (where possible) of where I go. One day I hope to own my own laptop but that is a long way down the road (longer now various things have happened today).

I have no idea. If it is the default setting then yes because I am lazy and still haven't been in to sort out such things.

When I come on I tend to click on two things in different tabs - new posts since last visit and my own stats to look at any replies. Mind you, lately, I have not been doing the latter so much as I haven't been posting enough to warrant that.

That said, I don't come on so much as have bursts. Situations meant that this last week I was pretty much on here whenever the opportunity presented itself. That is not always true.

I once did. I got a PM offering some behavioural rules to go with a PM dare and I thought it was clever. The initial dare was for a day, I can't recall who suggested it, but I liked it and kept it. For two years. I grew bored of it when speaking to Matt and wanting to know actual answers last year. Since then it has been changed to a PM dare.

Yes. Sometimes I even act upon them if I find them interesting enough.

If people ask I tend to accept. Mainly because I don't believe anyone would bother asking if they didn't want to be in touch. That and I'm not nearly active enough to be terribly well-known so requests tend to be genuine. I have checked my privilege and it is doing very well, thank you.

I am a miser. I do not pay.

I get very few. The ones I do get tend to be very welcome. I have had maybe two or three PMs the entire time I've been on here that were unsatisfactory. I do find the occasional person trying to top from the bottom and that can be slightly annoying if I cannot provide their very specific requests.

That is, they want something very specific but ask very general things. And slowly ask for more and more with the same maddening lack of detail.

I rarely use the search nowadays. I have lost some good threads mind, which is a shame and I can't seem to find them on search. Mainly I look at new posts. I can go back many pages. I also regularly comb the dice dares threads because I do love dice dares. Even if I don't carry them out I love the creativity and the options.

I do. It's helpful.

I don't really know that many people here. That may be changing. As yet I know few enough that knowing who is online is not that helpful to me.

I played with it when I first joined, for novelty, but not since.

I do for PMs. Must be a default feature.

Maybe not my absolute favourite, but I've been here since 2012 and signed up since 2014, which says something.

I feel like I'm contributing. Look at me, Ma, I'm helping!

old/transwoman/attracted to Females & Femininity/shaved pubes, legs and armpits

And that's all she has to say about that.
Consensus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:19 PM   #9
Jaro
A filthy maggot anal whore

I always remain logged in. Except when I'm on my phone and using incognito mode.
    Yes, why not. I don't usually get (annoying) pm's so it's no problem for me to show it.
    I go on in the morning and check User CP for updates in my subscriptions. Then I usually click the Truth section to see if there is anything new there. After that I check the Blog section for any new and interesting entries. After that I might click the TORD section and see if I can post anywhere. That's about it. I rarely check the New Posts link. I find it a hassle to go through that ignoring all the person above threads.
    I would follow the same routine when I get home after work. On weekends I might check throughout the day and usually only the User CP.
    No getDare rules
    I usally look at the signatures. I rarely click links there though
    I will add someone who I like and interacted with. Same for accepting. I sometimes get a friend request of someone I never even seen before. I do not accept those.
    I did. I like to support the site and be able to change my title.
    I don't usually get any pm messages, unless as a reply to something I sent.
    I try a few pages at least.
    Yes, I like looking at the ban list as some of the comments left there are very funny
    Sometimes. I like seeing if someone is looking at any of my threads.
    I have in the past to keep a blacklist of non-responders. But the list was getting so large it became unmanagable.
    I get an email when I get a pm or when a blog gets posted which I subscribed to. Which are mainly my own, Miss Butterfly's and Miss Icey's.
    It actually is. Maybe followed by similar worlds and imagefap.

Worm owned by
Princess Butterfly

Likes & LimitsToysAMA

Check out my truths and dares here

Jaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
getdare