Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 09-08-2010, 04:36 PM   #826
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig View Post
I love how many DW die hards there are on this site. I would have the Doctor as my avatar, but I don't think I could put him next to the word Pig, just doesn't seem right.
Use the space pig from Series One, haha

Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:47 AM   #827
Rachie
I am the cutest butterfly ever

Default Strip poker with a twist part 9

Who is doctor who?

BED HABITS

LOLA.FOX WISHES SHE WAS MY FAVORITE USER <3

Last edited by Rachie; 11-22-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Rachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #828
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

Technically it's a mermaid.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #829
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Harkness View Post
Technically it's a mermaid.
I had no idea how to reply so I've just gone with...

o.O

Old 09-10-2010, 05:09 AM   #830
Rachie

Default Part 10 (STRIP POKER WITH A TWIST)

What channels it on?

BED HABITS

Last edited by Rachie; 11-22-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:38 AM   #831
drvaleyard
getDare Sweetheart

Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
I hope they release it in the USA. Seeing the Tenth Doctor regenerated with that music, kind of reminded me, like an messiah had died.

You have to admit David Tennant made Doctor Who cool. It is also nice that their is an American cult following in the US, since the Tom Baker years. Also the Tenth Doctor seemed to help it become part of the UK main stream too.

It'll be on iTunes at some point (same release day? Not sure). And the music irritated me because it was totally self-indulgent. I could go into a rant about the entire "The End of Time" story. I much prefer quiet regenerations. Yeah, they're huge events these days but still. And you've said exactly what bugs me. The Doctor is just a traveller with no home. Not a messiah, not a God, not a demi-God. RTD irritated me with "the lonely god" thing and I'm glad Moffat's dropped it in favour of an eccentric traveller.

I'll admit Chris Eccleston made it cool. After all, he was first. In fact, I'd argue Tom Baker made it cool. Or even Hartnell. It's always been cool, more-or-less, bar the dodgy 80s era. But even I love the 80s and it's possibly my favourite era. I'd argue David Tennant made the show what it is today - a huge success - but I never forget those who came before it. Eccleston had just as hard a job, bringing this "dire" show back to the screen with new energy and just groundbreaking material. And credit has to also go to Piper and RTD.

Your really hate the music?

My first SJA episode I saw, was the one with the 10th Doctor in it. I wonder how SJ will react when she sees the 11th Doctor. I wonder how the 11th Doctor would introduce himself.

I don't hate the music. But I strongly dislike it. It feels, to me, like Murray Gold just got louder and more self-indulgent as time went on. I much prefer the Series One stuff to the Series Four/Specials stuff. And S5 was brilliant, with Murray finally toning it down some with some new material.

It'll be great with SJA in that we're also getting [SPOILER] Jo Grant too, however she slots into the story! Can't wait

(And the wallpaper is cool, but I'm sticking to my Matt one )
I don't know why, but I guess the whole "Lonely God" thing with the Tenth Doctor made me like him. I guess we have to agree to disagree. My friend did comment that he was like a super hero, when I forced him to watch Midnight with me. He seemed to like the episode. I love the angsty and dark stories with the Tenth Doctor.

I hope Moffat will do some darker stories with the 11th Doctor. I think he kind of played it safely in Series 5. I do love how he took the gloves off with the time travel in series 5. I hope we will see more of that, like Big Bang.

I wish Eccleston would have stayed longer. He kind of reminded me like a "Clint Eastwood" Doctor. He might of become the best Doctor. I like how he was different from the others.

Jo Grant, she was one of the Third Doctor's Companions, right? I can't wait to see her in it. She missed a lot of the incarnations of the Doctor, even more than Sarah Jane Smith. I would love to see her reaction with a happy and younger looking Doctor, unlike the grumpy Third Doctor (I still liked him though). Also I think the 11th Doctor have to say "Reverse the polarity" line at least once in the episode.

P.S. I love Gold in Series 4 and the Special. It was fitting for the Lonely God!

My Return and Regeneration!

This has been moved to my blog.

I have been away for a while and needed a fresh start. So read my update and Hello again!

LGBT Community Thread

drvaleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:33 AM   #832
Rachie

Default Part 12 (STRIP POKER WITH A TWIST)

Can someone post a link to the first episode?

BED HABITS

Last edited by Rachie; 11-22-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:40 AM   #833
Rachie

Default Part 13 (STRIP POKER WITH A TWIST)

Thanks for the link. So how long does each one last?

BED HABITS

Last edited by Rachie; 11-22-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:35 AM   #834
mistress ct

Just a question because I'd like to start watching Doctor Who.

What is the proper order of watching them? Do I have to watch the old series? Also what exactly is the connection between Torchwood and Doctor Who? I've already seen two episodes of Torchwood, should I watch up to a certain point of Doctor Who and then go on to watch Torchwood?
mistress ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:10 PM   #835
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress ct View Post
Just a question because I'd like to start watching Doctor Who.

What is the proper order of watching them? Do I have to watch the old series? Also what exactly is the connection between Torchwood and Doctor Who? I've already seen two episodes of Torchwood, should I watch up to a certain point of Doctor Who and then go on to watch Torchwood?
You don't need to watch any "classic series" first. You can jump on anywhere really with the 2005+ ("Series One - Five).

I'd recommend you find and watch "Rose" as it was the episode to bring the show back after a long gap, so you get a new introduction to the Doctor, a new companion, an introduction to the TARDIS... it's the best episode to find out basically what the show is. Then you can watch any.

Just avoid finales though as they don't make much sense without knowledge of each series. Each series has an arc, with connections all the way through. But you can start watching from the middle of a series and catch-up. The way it's written and structured is done in a way that, should someone randomly switch it on, they'll understand what's going on without knowing much at all.

There's always Wikipedia if you do want to know a few tidbits.

As for Torchwood, it's pretty much standalone. It comes from Series Two of Doctor Who and plays a part in the finale, but the TV series of Torchwood doesn't really have any Doctor Who in it. Captain Jack, the main guy, is from Doctor Who (Series One) but all you need to know is that he's from the 51st century and used to be a conman. And, again, if you start with the first two episodes of Torchwood, you can then pretty much watch any.

I often find myself wanting to say, "Watch from the start and watch in order", because you would get the best experience. But I realise that's not always possible, so find yourself a variety of stories to watch and just get a feel for the show
Old 09-12-2010, 05:16 AM   #836
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

Children of Earth series is different mind so be weary. You need to watch them in order (Series 3) Of Torchwood or youll be lost. Best To watch he first episode of every series So you understand what its about Not only. The old ones are jumpy anyway but you don't need to know about them. And be weary of two parters as it's complex watching tuning in and everyones on the verge of death.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #837
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Feels like an eternity ago!
Old 09-13-2010, 05:39 AM   #838
Rachie

Default Part 15 Someone looses, but who?

How many episodes per season are there?

BED HABITS

Last edited by Rachie; 11-22-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:42 AM   #839
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

Spoiler:
Series 6 will tell us who 'The Silence' is and who River Song is.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:43 AM   #840
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Harkness View Post
Spoiler:
Series 6 will tell us who 'The Silence' is and who River Song is.
Rather hoping Cliffhanger.1 deals with River and Cliffhanger.2 deals with the Silence

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
doctor who, torchwood