Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 05-25-2011, 07:49 AM   #1
ofthenorth
Account Banned

Send a message via AIM to ofthenorth
Default "No children, animals, family...illegal"?

I was recently thinking about this and something that always gets to me when I read ads or whatnot is people's lists of limits. Now it's not the whole list of limits that get to me, everyone has limits and saying "no limits" is ignorance. But that's another topic that's been posted elsewhere.

What gets to me is how every ad out there or dare request or whatever has the same "no children, family, animals, and illegal". Sure it is one thing to be clear about all that but when you think about it, incest, bestiality, and pedophilia are all illegal. So first off why is it necessary to list them all, and if we do list them all how come no one has come up with an acronym or something for them? Perhaps "No CFAI"? Haha

I know this seems like a tiny matter but I'm just one of those people that gets annoyed by redundancy. I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this, apologies if this has been brought up before, and what anyone thought about it?
Old 05-25-2011, 08:07 AM   #2
newninja
getDare Sweetheart

I'm assuming its because things you can do with family, animals, children, etc. is not necessarily illegal, but does not want to be done. For example incest may be illegal but messing with your brother's/sister's underwear is not, but people don't want to do those dares that involve anything to do with their family especially in a semi-sexual way. As for acronyms, I assume clarity is important in limits, just like you don't abbreviate safety warnings.

I can see where you are coming from, but there are things that are more specific than just being illegal.

Last edited by newninja; 05-25-2011 at 08:09 AM.
newninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #3
Star Shadows
Prodigy

While I do understand what you are saying OTN. I think newninja might be correct. Family and friends are in my limits but family especially with family in this case I would class sexual intimacies with my little brother or the rest ofmy family under the illegal limit but doing dares around them or infront of / involving them or their possessions would be a family limit it's not illegal but I still wouldn't do it. So I think it is really just for clarities sake.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:39 AM   #4
jlstockton25
getDare Devil

What is against someone's limits might seem perfectly normal to someone else. Some people have no problem involving family or animals, illegal or not so I feel the need to clarify that I am not one of those people. For most, it's common sense that these things would be off limits, but bestiality and incest are kinks that some people enjoy.

. . . darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream
jlstockton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
cbtslave4u2
getDare Sweetheart

Beastiality is legal in Texas and several other states. Florida just recently made it illegal. What you should be questioning is why anyone needs to put kids in their limits. Isn't that an obvious? Are there some pedos on this site?

This thread should be in the lounge.

[IMG=http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/zekrom.jpg]
cbtslave4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #6
ofthenorth
Account Banned

Send a message via AIM to ofthenorth

I can see where it's coming from with the non-sexual nature of the things that can be done involving the listed limits.

I do like what cbt brought up though that Children regardless should be a no-brainer. Regardless of "age of consent" laws in various countries when one thinks of children it's in regards to pre-pubescent usually and that's illegal in all but a few countries, and those countries there's very strict laws around it usually (i.e. child marriage and other things of that nature). So yes, why is children even necessary for clarification, any one that tries to involve children in pretty much anything involved on this site (save for maybe the most innocent of dares such as drawing a picture of a house with a sun in the sky and giving it to a child, which even in some cases the parent of that child might cause problems as to why you're doing that) would be illegal with a child.

So I can see the understanding of clarifying bestiality or family due to other natures of dares or the lack of laws surrounding, but children does raise questions, are there really people on this site that would try to involve children if it wasn't clarified? And if so is anyone on here willing to actually carry out that dare or task? No authority of a dare or Master/Mistress should compel anyone to do anything illegal with a child, and as stated most things on here would be considered illegal with a child, I don't think I've seen something on here that wouldn't be, though you're welcome to try to show me something. Even in the case of a Master/Mistress, it's all based around consensual authority and thus is there anyone out there really willing to do that? Cause if so that's kinda scary and worrisome.

Regarding an acronym, that was just a random thing I brought up, just surprising that no one has or has tried to create one. Sure it is important to clarify but with the enormous amount of use of those things and few people that don't use them, it is surprising that none have been attempted or tried to be made into regular use.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:22 AM   #7
Pet Phoenix
Distinguished Member

It makes me wonder if the whole 'children' thing was probably just borne of a single incident, or a phase the site went through in earlier days. Or one person put it and it caught on to put it.. i mean if everyone's saying no children you don't really want to be seen not mentioning them ya know

I'd suggest that it's probably something like that, And ofc, with regards to the 'are there really paedophiles out there that would seriously suggest this stuff.. or seriously try and do it.. no probably not, or if they are they probably don't make it obvious. but what there might be are trolls or idiots coming to the site for a bit of a laugh who see someone going 'Give me a terrrribbllle punishment, i have no limits' and then tell them to go and do something to their sister while sucking off a dog and speeding *shrugs* heh, ya know? the person would prbably turn around and go 'no!' but then see fit to put children, animals and illegal as their limits. Then it's a case of people seeing the topic before it gets deleted and the fad grows etc. Just a ventured suggestion for why it might have gotten to how it is.

As for my limits in my sig there, my limits are my limits and my likes are my likes, if it's not listed then it's a no brainer, i ran out of space in my sig or i'm 'meh' about it. My family all know about me, i don't have to go to great lengths to hide from them, but i will not involve them in any way. Children... go away.. Illegal stuff, meh, depends and Animals well <.< maybe i don't mind animals, despite that being illegal over here. I mean you only have to go and find a post where i've spoken about my toy collection.

extreme anal, pain, bondage, toys, enemas, mild cbt, non-consensual, humiliation, denial,
flagellation/spanking, crossdressing, nipple play, heavy cbt,
milking, watersports, urethral, chores, daipers, friends, public, wax/fire, e-stim
scat, worship, family
Pet Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:46 AM   #8
smokeyeager

Location: 1 mile from the beach on the eastern seaboard of North America
Send a message via AIM to smokeyeager Send a message via MSN to smokeyeager Send a message via Yahoo to smokeyeager

When people ask me about limits I usually reply simply with "The usual" because they are usually most peoples limits. Now my signature on here I specifically listed "Kids" while leaving the other 3 or 4 no-brainers out because it is a mixed crowd and I don't want anyone underage to approach me. I don't have anything against kids and will talk and chat with them but I feel having that out there as a hard limit is a stop sign. I play a few of the "Person above" dare games and I believe having that information showing is the smart thing to do. On the rare occasion I do have to give someone underage a dare I send them to the "Getdare Dice Dare" which will send them to some random section of the site. It's also a good game to play to check the site out.

Loves: anal, watersports, cbt, pain, humiliation, piercing.
Limits: kids, family, poo, diapers (or anything baby related), blood, permanent marks.

Ask me anything.

P90X is brutal but I'm loving it.
smokeyeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:53 PM   #9
nellybell
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

While it does get redundant, they are all very common limits for most people.

Until recently, it was very accepted to participate in these sort of things with kids but there were still quite a few that were against it. So having kids in your limits could have meant that you were not interested in playing with the underagers on this site. It could also mean that would wouldn't participate in dares outside of here that involved children. That is more for people that like giving more etream or stupid dares.

Animals is a kink for some people. While many find it completly morally repugnant, there are some that don't and some people that might like giving those dares and if it isn't in the limits they could just do it. While that is a bit more uncommon it isn't a terrible idea to confuse it.

As for family, some people can't stand the idea of thinking of their family in any seual way so they want nothing associated with them, kind of self explanitory. They also don't want to be found out.

Some people give rediculas dares and if they don't see it in the limits sometimes they figure it is fair game. There are a lot of stupid people out thereand repeditive limits is a defense against it.

There was a nelly,
a very smelly enchanted nelly
sweet as vegemite could be
ahaha just kidding, but still loved just the same <3
nellybell is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk