Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

View Poll Results: What are your beliefs?(religious)
Christianity 44 42.72%
Unaffiliated(Including atheist or agnostic) 44 42.72%
Islam 3 2.91%
Judaism 1 0.97%
Buddhism 0 0%
Hinduism 1 0.97%
Other(tell in comments) 10 9.71%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #16
austinchilds10

Im from Georgia, and I get exactly the same treatment!!
austinchilds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #17
spacegal24
getDare Sweetheart

I do find it sad that people can't tolerate a simple discussion about religion. And we say we're "civilized."
spacegal24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #18
austinchilds10

People that can't handle other point of views simpily shouldn't participate in conversations regarding them.
austinchilds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #19
Endu

I'm a legally ordained reverend and practicing shaman.

From about the ages of 21-22, I preached to roughly 200 people on a regular basis.

Then I got sick. Such is life. My disease was the best thing that ever happened to me, though. You know, suffering is food for the spiritual seeker. Hehe.

I grew up in a mixed Pagan/Wiccan/Christian/Druidic household, among many other things.

As such, we were encouraged to chart our own course. I've been charting mine since I was 10.

I've been very spiritual for my entire life, but I can't tell you what my beliefs are.

I have theories, many of which contradict one another.

I can tell you what death is like.

I can't tell you who God is.

I can tell you the key to spiritual enlightenment is through quantum mechanics and your DNA.

I can tell you my definition of "spirituality" and "religion" though.

It's the study of the self and how it fits into the greater whole of the world and the universe.

My personal definition of spirituality has nothing to do with God or any sort of belief system or dogma. It has to do with identity and what we are as a species, of which God is a part.

I believe that there are two primary components to the human being: DNA and consciousness.

Your consciousness is your self-awareness. Let's say it's your "soul", and your DNA represents a record of all you've done up to that point, as a unit, a family, even a species.

You combine these two to create the human being. It's a simple concept.

But I'm not one of those types who condemns more traditional religions. Sometimes the old ways are the best.

The focus of my spirituality is self-awareness; understanding the self. It's why I get so excited when I see people here and in other places express self-awareness. "Maybe I should've done this," "Why am I this way?" etc.

BDSM fits into the greater whole of spirituality too.

Once, someone asked me (I'll paraphrase): "How does a reverend practice BDSM? They seem mutually exclusive to me."

I feel that if everyone can agree that "God" is everywhere - omnipresent - then God can be found in BDSM as well.

We become dysfunctional as a result of being born into a dysfunctional world. BDSM enables us to sublimate, rechannel, or even indulge these dysfunctions in a healthy, sane and consensual way.

BDSM is, therefore, a major player in mankind's journey of self-exploration right now.

Teehee.

In other words: BDSM is therapy, and it's self-exploration, and self-exploration and self-realization is the goal of all spirituality.

That's a very, very tiny snippet of what I practice.

This is also why I'm so weird, and why I speak in such a strange way. I have this way of expressing very simple ideas in a convoluted manner and it makes people think I'm a pseudo-intellectual. I'm not, I just have trouble speaking, or condensing the myriad ideas I have in my head into something simple and concise.

Last edited by Endu; 03-25-2012 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Removed a word. OCD moment.
Endu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #20
small_penis2141
getDare Sweetheart

I am a full blown aithiest. I was raised christian but changed, I could explain why but I won't. Alot of people asked me why I am no longer christian, but I refuse to tell them. I girl I had a crush on for years asked me why, I told her I couldn't tell her. She begged untill I finially gave in, I told her and she cryed, ran away from me and to her house. Once there she smashed her cruxifix and her parents got so mad at her. She was driven into me but it was't how I wanted it, so I got her back to her religion. I honestly hate every religion, but I understand that it helps some people be better people.
won't do: scat piss, blood, family, food, messy, public to a point where there is no chance of not getting caught
I am a slutty bitch on the farm
Slutty bitches will perform: anal / oral / crossdress / cum eating / humiliation / light bondage / chastity / pain (optional) / enema (optional) / wedgies (optional)
small_penis2141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #21
diaper_puppy1

I guess I'm mostly in the agnostic camp. I do not know what higher being there is. I believe heavily in science, but I can see parts of our Big Bang theory, particularly if the multi-verse theory fails, where a "God" being could be fit in.

However, I do not believe in "God" as most people in Kansas do. I do not believe that some Masculine all knowing, all powerful being would seek the worship and such tiny and insignificant things such as ourselves. If he did, then he would be weak in relying on the adulation of what would be the equivalent of ants to him, and he would not be worth our worship.

There is undeniable wonder and beauty and magnificence in our universe. Sometimes, things such as fate or chance or karma seem all too uncomfortably real. I do not think there is just nothing. But I can't believe in a Judeo-Christian-Islamic God.

At the same time, Buddhist beliefs hold a certain appeal. The seeking of a centeredness in the universe. Becoming balanced with everything. There's definitely some merit there.

Limits: Super-public, blood, eating weird things.

If anything isn't in there, it's probably something I'm willing to try

20/M/Bi/US
diaper_puppy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #22
RST
Distinguished Member

Used to be an atheist (born and raised) but atheism got me interested in philosophy and not too long later I found that position to be unprovable. So now I'm what you'd call a teapot agnostic. For all practical purposes I will put down atheist to avoid long and pointless discussions though :P

Recently most interested in exposure play and black mail scenes. There is a wide range of options so if you find it exciting but also have inhibitions we can talk options.
RST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:25 AM   #23
Id.
getDare Sweetheart

Sport 8ball

I'm agnostic. I believe it is impossible for us to know whether or not god(s) exist. I actually believe it is impossible for us to actually "know" anything at all, except to know that our ignorance is infinite.

I think there are a lot of good philosophical ideas from most religions. We do not have to take an all or nothing approach to them. And along the same lines, I do not see faith and science as being mutually exclusive.
Id. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:17 AM   #24
Zheai

Unsure would be best for me
I have many of the core beliefs of a few different pagan and neo-pagan religions
An easy way to say it would be I am a wiccan that doesnt practice the craft XD
I'm very close to nature, rely heavily on science and facts to support and grow on my beliefs. I was raised baptist but it just wasn't my real beliefs, didn't feel right to me

Dislikes: Ice in either of my holes, too much pain, being denied orgasm for a long, clips/pins on my clit, stretching either hole too much

Hard limits: Pics/cam, needles/tacks, illegal, family/friends, anything dangerous or permanent, scat, vomit

Curious: Pee, enema, mild public
Zheai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #25
AtticsToEden
getDare Sweetheart

I'd go agnostic for me, if I had to label it.
I used to be quite closed-minded, but since I started dating my boyfriend, whose mum is Christian, I've become a lot more open minded.
I think that there is possibly some sort of cosmic balance or force, and also that if one were to follow the basic teachings of a religion (in terms of living a good life, helping others, etc.) that is admirable.
I think religion is interpreted differently by each and every person, and that everybody has a religion, belief, superstition etc. that they live their lives by.

Hello, my name is
Eden.

[ NineteenFemaleEnglandBisexual ]

Likes, Dislikes and Limits.

AtticsToEden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #26
Star Shadows
Prodigy

I was born and raised Catholic/ Christian, went to church as a kid, went to a Catholic primary school, secondary school and college. And I do believe in God etc, Im just not sure I agree with everything the church says about God, I never really had a problem with my faith until I started becoming involved with the lifestyle and since then, while I remain religious I often have a hard time balancing the two.

But just to emphasise what MBP has said previously, Ive never seen a thread of this sort that has not descended into arguments so I am going to keep a close eye on it. Please keep it civilised.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #27
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

I'm an atheist lolz.

Threw the lolz in to keep it from getting too serious, y'know
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #28
TheLittleStrawberry
getDare Devil

My parents were atheists, and religion has never played a big part of my life. In fact, I find myself uninfluenced by religion.

Though I consider myself Agnostic, and Im open minded about spiritual subjects. They fascinate me.

Voodoo is one of my fave subjects to study.

Im doing dares again If you wanna send one, you can PM me, but I'll probably hang around the dare threads as well.

Limits: I wont ingest anything nasty, Nothing messy that will ruin my furniture or belongings, nothing public, nothing illegal.

most humiliating dare:
I was dared not to remove my panties at all for a few days. Not even for bathroom duties, and to cut a little hole for 'nr 2' as I couldnt remove them . It was strange.
TheLittleStrawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:18 AM   #29
TensionRoom101

Send a message via MSN to TensionRoom101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Shadows View Post
I was born and raised Catholic/ Christian, went to church as a kid, went to a Catholic primary school, secondary school and college. And I do believe in God etc, Im just not sure I agree with everything the church says about God, I never really had a problem with my faith until I started becoming involved with the lifestyle and since then, while I remain religious I often have a hard time balancing the two.
I don't have a problem balancing my deeply held spiritual beliefs with my kink lifestyle. I've found little in any scripture, or the direct teachings of any spiritual leader, that singles out and vilifies what we do. The moral indignation about our lifestyle is manmade expletive which doesn't belong- providing we live our lifestyle within the governance of our duty to our faith and fellow man, then I doubt any of our respective gods will condemn us.

Mike
Old 03-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #30
Jacques
Distinguished Member

I'm an atheist-I can understand why people might believe in a higher power, and I don't think that it will ever be possible to prove the existence or non-existence of such (But who knows) so I kind of think the whole debate about that is a bit pointless.

The way I think about it, even if a higher power did exist, it doesn't follow that I should have to follow their ideological dogma if I don't personally think it's a good idea. The entire idea of a 'god' type figure creating free will, and then insisting everyone follow a set of (to a greater or lesser extent) strict rules whilst alive, for benefit after you die- seems contradictory. Of course, there may not be such a thing as free will (separate but connected topic), but if that were the case then the higher power would be controlling me not to believe in it- which doesn't make sense either...

Ultimately, I think things would be a lot better for a lot of people if the people so focused on life after death thought a bit more about how they treat people whilst they are alive, and that if they are entitled to live their own lives in the way they choose, people who think differently should also be allowed to. I don't like extremists of any sort, including atheist fundamentalism that all religion/ faith is evil and wrong.

My two cents...

The MERICALE of LIFF!!!

Betty Boop:
"The Man. The Myth. The Legend.
You're awesome."

Jacques is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk