Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 09-11-2018, 10:53 AM   #1
lilith_
getDare Devil

Heart Open this if you're a PHOTOGRAPHER

Hello

So a few things about me: I have a tumblr, I have an instagram, I have a camera and I have a very big love for photography. The only thing is that I do not have money to go to a school for it or seminars so I've convinced myself that I suck. Most of the time I have no idea what I am doing, some times I like the result, but I have found myself deleting picture after picture way too many times. I guess I am not that bad when I am taking pictures of others but when it comes to self portraits.... It's a fucking disaster.

I have decided to start posting pictures of myself on Tumblr (it's a kinky Tumblr so it will be kinky photos) and I'd like to make a kink friendly account on instagram (yup, I know nudity is not allowed there but I don't think I will be posting my pussy on Tumblr either ) So, what I am looking for is to give me tips on how to take self portraits without fucking up completely.

Pretty please: 1) do not message me if you do not own a camera and beg for my pictures because you will not see anything and you will be ignored. 2) do not pretend that you are a photographer just to see me naked because you won't.
3) do message me if you are actually a photographer and in that case you will see my photos, you will give me tips and you will give me as much criticism is necessary.

last orgasm: november 2022
my discord server: how to get in
wanna message me? my usernames
lilith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:08 AM   #2
Bloxo
getDare Devil

Okay, I am not a photographer, nor will I apply to be as such, but some friendly tips from an amateur

1. Lighting! Make sure any pictures have the correct light, avoid having to use the flash where you can, the use of mirrors can potentially help with this to avoid any expensive equipment, your object should preferably have more light on it than the surrounding so it can stand out...shards of light through cracks...i.e. a curtain can help in day time

2. Background! So whatever you are shooting...make sure the background doesn't over power it, if doing a self portrait, perhaps spend a minute looking at the scenery behind, remove anything that looks cluttered, or angle the picture so you have a more solid background to stand out

3. Colour! Consider using techniques such as Sepia to produce a more dramatic image...though in these shorts, dark versus light will work especially well for contrast.
Make sure there are no clashing colours that could be distracting, unless you are going for a bright and vivid effect.

4. Emotion! When taking a self portrait...think about the mood you want to convey, make sure your facial expressions and body language reflect this, again, certain colours in the background or with clothing can emphasise, i.e. Red for Anger/Passion, Blue for calm, Purple for power, etc...

5. Think of the full frame! Okay, so this ties in with background...but consider the full frame of the image, what can be seen behind you, how much do you want people to see? Is the image symmetrical, i.e. Is it straight, if you are at an angle, should the image also be?

6. Hair and Makeup! So, when doing a self portrait...tie this in with emotion, make your look reflect what you want the image to say...and each picture should have a message to share with the observer, maybe have one word in mind or a small phrase that you want to convey and make the picture embody this!

7. Less can be more! So when taking glamour shots...you don't have to show everything certainly...but perhaps teasing little glimpses of yourself can add to the erotic flow...have items in between you and the camera that may strategically hide certain bits, wear items/be wrapped in a way that you tease certain things but only show perhaps a small amount of them...them of course being things that people wouldn't normally see if you were walking around!

These are some of the things I would suggest that I may follow...not that I do a lot of self portraits haha, but hope they may be useful

Likes/Dislikes/Limits/Toys
PM DARES!

I'm straight and will only take Dares from Girls, please bear this in mind when writing to me.

Please be genuine, be fun and have a good heart...with a sadistic streak hehe...6 inches

Curious about me or Poland? check out my Youtube!
Bloxo is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Bloxo for this post:
Old 09-11-2018, 11:14 AM   #3
lilith_
getDare Devil

Thank you a lot, those are so helpful! I also really need advice on HOW TO FOCUS. Oh my god!!! This drives me CRAZY! I have no way of seeing what I am shooting and I only have 10secs to pose, I do not have a remote and I cannot have the option to connect the camera with my phone and see through my phone or use it as a remote. It doesn't have that feature

last orgasm: november 2022
my discord server: how to get in
wanna message me? my usernames
lilith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:23 AM   #4
lola.fox
♡ limited edition - cock tease barbie ♡

this is silly advice, but i was told once to look down until the last second to keep your face relaxed for the camera rather than stare at it until the flash goes off.

Could you prop your camera up in front of a mirror to see the relection of the screen? Or set your phone timer for 9 seconds so you know you have to be posed by then? I’d also set up your camera where you want it and snap a photo without you in it to see where you’d like to stand.

Also, google the rule of thirds! I find my photos much more aesthetically pleasing [that could just be a personal preference].

i’m a pint-sized lady with not so tiny curves who despises mindless small talk, men who ask for things they don't deserve, and women who have a penchant for gossip.
lola.fox is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to lola.fox for this post:
Old 09-11-2018, 11:27 AM   #5
Bloxo
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith_ View Post
Thank you a lot, those are so helpful! I also really need advice on HOW TO FOCUS. Oh my god!!! This drives me CRAZY! I have no way of seeing what I am shooting and I only have 10secs to pose, I do not have a remote and I cannot have the option to connect the camera with my phone and see through my phone or use it as a remote. It doesn't have that feature
Using a self timer is a nightmare! But there are some things that can help...

Make sure it is on a stable surface of course (A tripod would be ideal...but expensive)

Where the camera is to be put, take a preview picture before going for the pose...this can help with making sure your frame and background are aligned, perhaps even place an object where you plan to be in the picture so you can see how the focus looks before taking the actual picture, you can also see any light effects that are in play and adjust your sources of light accordingly...

Think of line of sight carefully, as being the right height in the image is just as important as being in the centre of the picture, if sitting in a chair for example, you could make sure the camera is lined up so the top of the chair hits the top of the frame, also consider making the background darker if possible to emphasise you!

Likes/Dislikes/Limits/Toys
PM DARES!

I'm straight and will only take Dares from Girls, please bear this in mind when writing to me.

Please be genuine, be fun and have a good heart...with a sadistic streak hehe...6 inches

Curious about me or Poland? check out my Youtube!
Bloxo is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Bloxo for this post:
Old 09-11-2018, 11:46 AM   #6
semper_virilis
getDare Devil

Does your camera have the ability to do multiple shots after a delay? Even most entry level DSLRs and some point and shoots are able to set this up. I find it very useful for getting family portraits, for example. If you're using a phone, some apps will allow this also.

As bloxo said, lighting is one of the trickiest and most important parts of portrait photography. If your lighting is good it also allows you to use a larger aperture, which in turn can give you the softer background look. Avoid using the on-camera flash, and consider trying floor/desk lamps with a shade, or bounced off a wall.

Focus is also tricky with self portraits. Play around with manual focus, since you can't auto-focus on yourself when you're not in the frame. Put another object in the same location where your eyes will be (or whatever you want to be the focal point) and use manual focus to dial in on it, then don't move the camera and put yourself where the object was.

Post-processing is also helpful. It can turn a so-so photo into something you actually like. Snapseed is my favorite mobile app for that, and if you're willing to pay the $10 a month and learn it, Adobe Lightroom is amazing.

-----

Likes: Teasing / Control / Denial / Edging / Light pain / Light humiliation / Bondage
semper_virilis is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to semper_virilis for this post:

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
photography, tumblr