Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

View Poll Results: Would you have an affair or cheat on a long term partner?
I already have. 3 8.11%
I would or am considering it. 3 8.11%
I would if no children involved. 0 0%
I don't think I could. 5 13.51%
No, I wouldn't. 24 64.86%
I don't know until in that situation. 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
Sxygirl
Account Banned

Default Would you have an affair or cheat on a long term partner?

Just want people's thoughts. I specify long term as realise a lot of gD members are younger and I think under 2years isn't long term. (Just my viee),

So, would or have you cheated? Why? Were there ramifications, if so, what? If you have or had kids does it change things, why?

Thanks in advance.

I would really like a female slave/sub to be friends with, to nurture and to make me smile
Sxygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #2
Sxygirl
Account Banned

Judging by results so far the people of gD wouldnt have an affair or cheat..

Are these truthful or people holding back?

Makes me feel worse!

I would really like a female slave/sub to be friends with, to nurture and to make me smile
Old 05-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
Star Shadows
Prodigy

I would NEVER cheat on someone who i had been in a (long term) relations ship with- I know how it feels to be cheated on... is cheated a word? and would NEVER be able to live with myself had i inflicted that much pain on somebody else.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #4
nellybell
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

If I'm considering cheating on the guy I'm going out with and that I have been for a while then there is probably something wrong in that relationship already. If there really are big enough issues that I would consider cheating than I'm probably just going to break up with the person because apparently I'm not happy enough where I currently am. There really isn't a choice for that.

There was a nelly,
a very smelly enchanted nelly
sweet as vegemite could be
ahaha just kidding, but still loved just the same <3
nellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
smokeyeager

Location: 1 mile from the beach on the eastern seaboard of North America
Send a message via AIM to smokeyeager Send a message via MSN to smokeyeager Send a message via Yahoo to smokeyeager

I voted for wouldn't cheat because I wouldn't be in a relationship that wasn't an open one so it wouldn't be cheating if we both knew and were OK with it.

Loves: anal, watersports, cbt, pain, humiliation, piercing.
Limits: kids, family, poo, diapers (or anything baby related), blood, permanent marks.

Ask me anything.

P90X is brutal but I'm loving it.
smokeyeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #6
cbtslave4u2
getDare Sweetheart

Never. Never Ever Ever. But there are assholes out there who act like little kids thinking their hot shit. But guys who act like little kids and the bad boy thug/cool popular guys are obviously going to do that occasionally. I've heard so many stories it's stupid.

[IMG=http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/zekrom.jpg]
cbtslave4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:15 AM   #7
Sxygirl
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtslave4u2 View Post
Never. Never Ever Ever. But there are assholes out there who act like little kids thinking their hot shit. But guys who act like little kids and the bad boy thug/cool popular guys are obviously going to do that occasionally. I've heard so many stories it's stupid.

What about women or men in abusive relationships but can't leave due to threats to themselves or family members but have a chance of an affair that is undetectable? Not everything is black & white.

*** This circumstance is not mine but I do know someone in that situation ***

Old 05-28-2011, 01:28 AM   #8
florida87x

I'll say that I would.

I was, at one point, in a long distance relationship with someone who I loved, but didn't love romantically anymore. I didn't break it off, because I was a wuss and because I at least helped her some by getting her counseling and moving out of her abusive family's house.

In the mean time, I gradually fell for someone else. We never did anything physical, and we didn't even date until a year and a half after my previous relationship ended. But I cannot in good conscience claim I would never cheat when I fell in love with someone else. Even if nothing physical happened, plenty did emotionally, and I would call it perfectly plausible that I would have. Hell, I consider it cheating, even if I didn't fuck her.

I think it's incredibly disingenuous to claim that we know exactly how we would act, and that we would never cheat. To be with the person I cheated on, I gave up my friends and family, gave up hundreds of thousands of dollar, probably compromised my ability to do well in college, and definitely compromised my own sanity. Yet I cheated on that person. Love is a strange thing. If it was easy to understand, we'd never get hurt by it.
florida87x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:19 AM   #9
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

I never would, unless it's a really odd situation like the ones that have been mentioned above I don't understand why people cheat. I'd rather someone left me than cheated on me.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:52 AM   #10
CollaredBlondie
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post
I never would, unless it's a really odd situation like the ones that have been mentioned above I don't understand why people cheat. I'd rather someone left me than cheated on me.
This. If my partner cheated on me, I'd leave when I found out. And I always find out.

23/F/UK
The most fun dare I've ever read: Click me!
I do not give dares.
I do not take dares.
I am not looking for an Owner.
And, seriously, what part of my username suggests that I'm a Domme?!

Any questions? (My 'ask me anything' thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophical
<spice girls> If ya wanna be my master, gotta get in my chat, being a wannabe is easy but I think you're quite a tw... </spice girls>
CollaredBlondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #11
honeyness
getDare Sweetheart

I couldn't cheat on somebody, no matter the amount of time I had dated them for, to get into a relationship is making a promise and a commitment to that one person. I am not one to break my promises, so I couldn't do it. I'm also likely to feel immense guilt that would prevent me even thinking about cheating before.

I find it interesting how people class as cheating, for example a ex-long term boyfriend I found out after the relationship was over that he had been having sexual conversations and playing stripping games with someone online. For me, because of the other person involved it felt as if he had cheated, yet to a lot of people that wouldn't seem bad.

19/Female/UK
I will not cam/dare/sub/dom you so don't ask!
But if you want a friendly chat or help on anything at all then drop me a PM

s/M advice Threads of note Ask me Anything
Honey is naturally occuring like other awesome shit like Tornados and Girls with spongy hymens
honeyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #12
CollaredBlondie
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyness View Post
I find it interesting how people class as cheating, for example a ex-long term boyfriend I found out after the relationship was over that he had been having sexual conversations and playing stripping games with someone online. For me, because of the other person involved it felt as if he had cheated, yet to a lot of people that wouldn't seem bad.
I know exactly what you mean Honey. I'm exactly the same. It's one of the main reasons I won't give or take dares. I see it as cheating and I won't do it.

23/F/UK
The most fun dare I've ever read: Click me!
I do not give dares.
I do not take dares.
I am not looking for an Owner.
And, seriously, what part of my username suggests that I'm a Domme?!

Any questions? (My 'ask me anything' thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophical
<spice girls> If ya wanna be my master, gotta get in my chat, being a wannabe is easy but I think you're quite a tw... </spice girls>
CollaredBlondie is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk