Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Dares

Old 03-27-2010, 02:39 AM   #1
Dutch
getDare Sweetheart

Default Ultimate driving challenge

OK so here it is. My first thread and my first dare.
Actually there are three dares here for when you're driving.

1. Don't stop.
The first dare is not to stop. Not for a red light, not for a roundabout.
Now dont be an idiot and drive through that red light at full speed!!
Instead of stopping, anticipate the light. Look at the junction ahead. Slow down, pick your lane appropiately and roll towards the light.
Edit: If you're truly skilled, you wont have to stop ever. The dare is to slow down sufficiently not to stop, and drive through the light when it turned green.
For a roundabout, look at the traffic around you. Find a spot where you fit, and adjust your speed to end up in that spot. This is very hard, but very much possible.

2. Don't use the brakes.
The second dare is quite hard for people with automatic transmissions, but easier for stick shifts. Don't use the brakes. When slowing down, let go of the throttle and slow down that way. Only put your foot on the brake pedal to light up the brake lights (for safety's sake!).
I must add that its quite impossible to exit a highway without braking. Dont attempt to do that!
Edit: By all means BRAKE when the situation calls for it. No dare is worth crashing your car over, or cause injury or anything. The dare is to avoid situations where you have to brake.

3. Know your car.
Know your car. How it feels, what sounds it makes. Identify the sounds so you'll know the sounds of the valves, wheel bearings and a bit easier, the wheels, windows, interior fan and radiator fan.

The result of the dare should be that your fuel consumption improves by 10-20% plus you should be more aware of your car, use it better, reducing wear and tear.

edit: I cant stress this enough. Im not asking you to do anything outside traffic laws, or anything that could damage your car or anything. I am not asking you to approach a red light at max speed and not brake.
Instead im asking you to anticipate traffic situations, and adjust accordingly at a very early time so you can avoid the situation where you have to apply brakes, and avoid a situation where you have to stop for the red light - it should have turned green.

Remember: Safety is ALWAYS first!

Last edited by Dutch; 03-27-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Dutch for this post:
Old 03-27-2010, 05:02 AM   #2
Star Shadows
Prodigy

haha my dad can do most of that, the 1st 2 especially he just choses not to, doubt i would be able to come me learning to drive. might try it when i am old enough if you remind me.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:05 AM   #3
Stix
getDare Devil

100TH POST! WOOOO
I mean...er...yes yes good dare...

haha

Naah I do most of this anyway, but only because I'm a student and I'm skint :/
Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:14 AM   #4
Dutch
getDare Sweetheart

haha its not even that hard... but sooo many people dont.

And Shadow... I'll remind you, dont worry .
Old 03-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #5
rdcottman

i do this most of the time on the way home from work@ 12 in da morning
rdcottman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:05 AM   #6
Fun Lover

Dutch this is just irresponsible, if the people here dont mind risking theyre own lives they should at least think about the safety of others, I garuntee that if enough people do this dare there will be injurys.

I cant believe this.
Fun Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #7
Dutch
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun Lover View Post
Dutch this is just irresponsible, if the people here dont mind risking theyre own lives they should at least think about the safety of others, I garuntee that if enough people do this dare there will be injurys.

I cant believe this.
Did you actually read the dare?

Im not saying you should bump into anything or break any rules.

Instead ANTICIPATE of what is going to happen. Slow down for the red light WAY in advance, not just when the car in front happens to hit the brakes.

Als notice how i said to put your foot on the brake when slowing down. This retains your reflex of braking and indicates your slowing down to the other drivers.

In fact it is an extremely responsible way to drive since it is much much easier for other guys to anticipate your next action.

Please review my first post before commenting.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #8
allyours (m)

Send a message via MSN to allyours (m) Send a message via Yahoo to allyours (m)

this would explain why so many people cant drive properly around my area they all doing dares like then

Personally i know my car too well to risk it
allyours (m) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:08 PM   #9
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun Lover View Post

I cant believe this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyours (m) View Post
this would explain why so many people cant drive properly around my area they all doing dares like then

Personally i know my car too well to risk it
If you're going to pass a dare off as irresponsible at least read the damned thing FULLY first isntead of just jumping to conclusions. when my dad does this the only time something bad has happened was because another driver who WASN'T driving like this has acted like a tit and dunched him.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:47 AM   #10
b0ris

I fully agree with Dutch (how strange!) there far too few people that know that slowing down a car does NOT imply braking.
Letting go of the accelerator and shifting a gear down are two alternatives that make traffic a lot more smooth.

I've been thought to drive like this in driving school. I drive like this every day. So yes, it can be perfectly safe.
b0ris is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk