Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 05-05-2008, 11:46 PM   #1
depp
SysOp

Default Come try out KinkTalk.com!

Over the last few years getDare has evolved past just plain Truth or Dare and has become something more, an adult community embracing many kinks and lifestyles.

As a result the community here has outgrown its purpose of concentrating on just Truth or Dare. Many members here have grown up and now want a more adult environment. In response the the increasingly adult nature of getDare I have created a new site for adult discussion, KinkTalk.com. This new site only accepts adults, and such allows adult behavior that we do not allow here.

It will take a while for Kink Talk to grow into the large and loving community getDare has become but I invite you all to come check it out. The early response has been great and I think you will grow to like the new site.

Come check out the new Personals system I have developed and help kick off the conversation. I think you will enjoy yourself.

Please also be sure to post your feedback. I will be listening closely to what you all have to say both good and bad.

You must be 18 to register for the new site. Please respect this rule. It is necessary for us to be more adult in nature. We will be strongly enforcing this rule.

Cheers,
Depp Davenport
Old 05-06-2008, 03:08 AM   #2
banneduser
Account Banned

Looks good on first impressions! I shall be registering and having a good look around thats for sure!

The only thing i would say is perhaps a no graphics options (this might already be included as a low-fi version but i didnt see it)

But it looks good Congrats and thanks!
banneduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:14 AM   #3
depp
SysOp

Thanks for the kind words!

Quote:
The only thing i would say is perhaps a no graphics options
I never really thought about this. Those front page images can be a killer. For now if you click the "Archive" link in the bottom right corner you can get a stripped down plain text version guaranteed to be both work safe and image free.

I will look into changing this. The way I implemented the front page will make it difficult but I am sure I can arrange something. I do plan on making the front page quicker loading by optimizing the images further.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:50 AM   #4
banneduser
Account Banned

Quote:
For now if you click the "Archive" link in the bottom right corner you can get a stripped down plain text version guaranteed to be both work safe and image free.
Ill give that a try should i need a plainer page!

Does the forum you used have a low-fi version, or is the archive it?
Old 05-06-2008, 04:12 AM   #5
depp
SysOp

The archive is the closest I can come for now. I could create a low-fi theme but the problem is I am storing the code for the topic images in the description of the sub-forums. Even on a low-fi stripped down theme it would show. What I need to do is create the low-fi version and then figure out how to make the display of the description images conditional.

I do plan on creation a low-fi theme in the future for mobile devices and people on slow connections. I realize the fixed width image heavy default is hard on some people. It was something I went back and forth on before finally taking the plunge.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:20 AM   #6
banneduser
Account Banned

Ah okies, wel not hurry, its good so far and we can always minimize it if needed!
Old 05-06-2008, 08:36 AM   #7
Davros
Account Banned

Leave the graphics!

Finally the non-elites can experience Depp's latest and greatest invention

Last edited by Davros; 05-06-2008 at 08:45 AM.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:50 PM   #8
JoMo
getDare Sweetheart

wonderful idea depp, and as such I promise not to contaminate it with my 17 year old self, shame though.

I am a little worried that getdare itself will now turn into a turgid lump of 16 year old male hormones running wild screaming "SHO ME YUOR PUSYS", while KinkTalk becomes the home of the adults and sensible among us to talk about grown-up stuff. Meh, let's hope for the best!
JoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:33 PM   #9
Naughtybaby
getDare Sweetheart

i agree there have been too many dares saying for me to poledance,strip,or do other stuff like that on cam for guys 14-16 and i no what they really want
and i dont like how they just try to see parts of me and not really giving me dares.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:56 AM   #10
andom4444
Moderator & Nice Guy

It is a great new site

people need to get posting
andom4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:06 AM   #11
vampire_girl
Distinguished Member

too bad i'm not allowed to check it out, but it would probably bee too much for me anyway.
so count me in, in about 5 years i guess

My limits are: no piss or poo, nothing openly public and nothing in my pussy. And noting illegal ofcourse. Also nothing with animals and stuff that makes me bleed.

I don't have a cam and i don't send pictures. There is no reason for you to see me naked so don't ask.

“If anything, we are enslaved more as human beings now than at any time, probably, in man's history. But it is so sugarcoated, it's so slick, it's so polished.”
Anton Szandor Lavey
vampire_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:54 AM   #12
depp
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by andom4444 View Post
It is a great new site

people need to get posting
Sites like this are not born over night. It will take a while for the user base to grow. It has been off to a great start however and seems to be picking up steam already we have some great posts and posters.