Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 10-13-2006, 07:08 PM   #1
Glutgod
getDare Devil

Default A possible problem?

I dunno but its getting annoying that theres becoming more and more guest that are online and less memebers. Just now theres 21 guest and 2 members, It just annoys me that they don't get accounts and become contributing members, I dunno if this is a problem but it does annoy me.
For us, the storm has passed. The war is over. And let us never forget those who journeyed into the howling dark, and did not return. For their decision required courage beyond measure. Sacrifice, an unshakeable conviction that their fight... *our* fight... was elsewhere. As we start to rebuild, this hillside will remain barren, a memorial to heroes fallen. They enobled all of us, and they shall not be forgotten
Glutgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:01 PM   #2
bkwrm37

I know. It is annoying.
bkwrm37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:03 PM   #3
userben
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via Yahoo to userben

i would rither have them be ggust then have an account and not post any thing or even make an account post like 1-3 post the same day and total forget the sit
Old 10-15-2006, 06:49 PM   #4
Glutgod
getDare Devil

Yea I can see what your saying but that would be pretty cool if they could make accounts and become contributing users.
For us, the storm has passed. The war is over. And let us never forget those who journeyed into the howling dark, and did not return. For their decision required courage beyond measure. Sacrifice, an unshakeable conviction that their fight... *our* fight... was elsewhere. As we start to rebuild, this hillside will remain barren, a memorial to heroes fallen. They enobled all of us, and they shall not be forgotten
Old 10-22-2006, 09:53 AM   #5
chain
SysOp & Cougar Trainer

I'd say that new member can get prelim accounts and if they are contributing members they become full members....is this at all possible?

Rowing all day, erry Day
chain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:01 AM   #6
Glutgod
getDare Devil

Yea I like that idea.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:57 PM   #7
THeMaGNeTiCMan

Ya. 10 ppl on now. 8 guests. 2 members. These people need to register and stop being parasites. Its annoying.
THeMaGNeTiCMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 05:23 PM   #8
Glutgod
getDare Devil

Yea at first it was most members hardly any guest now that the sites kinda picked up theres guest every were!!!
Old 10-22-2006, 05:40 PM   #9
THeMaGNeTiCMan

It's a good thing that people are looking at the site but if they aren't contributing and just looking at dares to use in a game... you should make people sign up to view the forums.

And at the moment there are 15 guests on and 3 members. For those of you who don't feel like doing math thats 5 guests to every member.

Last edited by THeMaGNeTiCMan; 10-22-2006 at 05:44 PM.
THeMaGNeTiCMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:19 PM   #10
geek505

Send a message via Yahoo to geek505

Just keep coming up with good dares and they will be back... Just because they have an account does not give them a reason to stay if the forum is filled with immature "Dare me, but don't dare me this" posts instead of actual dares to be used in the games they are hoping to use dares in...

Closing off the forum to members only will decrease Search Engine ranking across the web, so you would actually end up having less Guest to even consider signing up...

You could give people incentives for signing up and posting, they can use their points earned from posting to buy access to a special forum where pictures and videos ARE allowed. But the admin should probably start by enforcing the age minimum since he cannot build in a system to hide mature content from users as he could if he built his own system.
geek505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:55 PM   #11
Glutgod
getDare Devil

Yea like anybodys gunna say they are under 18 or whatever.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:21 PM   #12
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek505
Just keep coming up with good dares and they will be back... Just because they have an account does not give them a reason to stay if the forum is filled with immature "Dare me, but don't dare me this" posts instead of actual dares to be used in the games they are hoping to use dares in...

Closing off the forum to members only will decrease Search Engine ranking across the web, so you would actually end up having less Guest to even consider signing up...

You could give people incentives for signing up and posting, they can use their points earned from posting to buy access to a special forum where pictures and videos ARE allowed. But the admin should probably start by enforcing the age minimum since he cannot build in a system to hide mature content from users as he could if he built his own system.
i totally agree with ther first part, if u closed the forums to the public, people would just find some other site to go to that is free to the public. However, some forums like the slave master forum and the tord online forum should be members only. guests shoud have to sign up to view these parts since u cant post without having an account and u pretty much need to post HEY IM LOOKING FOR A MASTER or DARE ME!!!
however, i do not agree with the age rule. i would say that at least 1/2 if not more of the members are under the age rule. deleting them would be a bad idea. it would ruin the site

Will not do: Anal, Messy, Public

Kik:Mbpgetdare
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:17 AM   #13
geek505

Send a message via Yahoo to geek505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glutgod
Yea like anybodys gunna say they are under 18 or whatever.
Well, it is not the admin's problem so much if it says it in the terms when they sign up, but if they continuosly say they are underage, or under 13 like that new post in the Dare forum, they need to be banned or the admin risks legal issues if a 14 yearold did one of the sick dares some of you come up with and got caught... "The website told me too..." And then the parents start suing the same way they sued Jackass, except Jackass said "Do not try this at home"...

In the case of the 11 year old who posted asking for dares for their even younger brother, it is actually illegal. But I am not sure what the law says about 12 or less year olds that lie about their age upon signup...
geek505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:04 PM   #14
depp
SysOp

An 11 year old can't even register for this site. Users birthdays are all tested during the registration process.

Some users have later stated after the fact that they are younger. Those I can confirm have been deleted and banned because I was able to verify their age.

If you feel a post is in violation of getDare rules please report it using the built in reporting tool. I don't read every post here and can't possibly follow every user. I do this even though I feel it is a gross violation of "free speech" rights. Unfortunately we live in a world where censorship is justified and accepted due to a "think of the children" mentality. When exactly did we lose our freedoms? If your a minor get the fuck off my site.

Last edited by depp; 10-25-2006 at 12:07 PM.
depp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:38 PM   #15
Glutgod
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp
If your a minor get the fuck off my site.

Nicely said Depp.