Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Request TORD Online

Old 02-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
writhe

Default Thanks, and a question

Thanks very much for this advice--from a newbie, it's well-taken.

A question, though: going through the various posts and dares, I seem to be noticing a lot of ageism on the site: basically the more one gets past 30 years old, it seems, the less chance a posting or request for a dare will get much in the way of responses. Though this is the case with women to a degree as well, it seems even more the case with men.

It's strange, in our culture (and especially in a venue like this, that would seem to be about gaining greater sexual freedom and acceptance), that there should be that kind of ageism going around, especially since a 40-yea-old guy can be every bit as vigorous and fit as a 29-year-old, while it's also certainly possible that a 21 year old guy can still wind up being overweight and smarmy. So why, in this sort of venue, does it seem that dudes past their twenties are de facto excluded from the game?

Likes: Edging, bondage, mild cbt, vivid imagery and imagination; somewhat bi-curious

Dislikes: Anything illegal or involving family, extreme pain, or human waste.

Toys and things: Not much right now save household items (belts, scarves, etc.), lube, and willing hands. Working on obtaining more.

Lingerie: Male thongs, female thong (pink silk), tight items (like bicycle/spandex shorts)
writhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #2
goodgamedarer2

Female

Hi,
No wonder why I am not getting many replies when I posted my thread about wanting dares!!!

Not sure : peeing over self, licking, kissing, naked, light pain

Limits: family, public, car, extreme pain, permanant, cam/wed cam, photos

goodgamedarer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:19 AM   #3
comicslave
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to comicslave

All that is good but if you really want good or many dares be a girl otherwise you wont get many or any even with good info and so on.
comicslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #4
Sharp Shooter
getDare Succubus

Send a message via Yahoo to Sharp Shooter

I want to repeat something in the original post:

If you want to receive quality dares in the future, write a worthwhile, interesting report about previous dares, and do both the dare and the report in a timely manner.

The only satisfaction a dare writer gets is the feedback from one who has completed a dare. Writers like to know about problems, how the "victim" felt during and after, how the "victim" reacted to different elements of the dare, and what options or alternate suggestions would make the dare better.

NEVER ASK FOR OR ACCEPT A DANGEROUS DARE. That includes the use of certain chemicals. ("No, supergluing the penis to the stomach is neither safe nor going to get undone without losing some skin.") Neither is wearing any gag that obstructs the airway, even partially, for long dares that are not supervised by a safety person.

If as a viewer you see a post with a dangerous element, report it to the GD moderators and say why. This may save a newbie (or an everyday idiot) from a catastrophic appearance in the evening news. David Carradine comes to mind...

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Ask Me Anything

Mature, dominant Male in search of a very special woman for a very unique journey.
See my GD ad for more information.
Sharp Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:07 PM   #5
linearizationcannon
Account Banned

Also, don't say you'll PM your write-ups to the dare-giver. Post them right on the thread. It helps give better dares and doesn't leave the niggling suspicion that you aren't really intending on ever sending out those PMs.

People who flake or don't write detailed dare reports piss me off
linearizationcannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:03 PM   #6
linearizationcannon
Account Banned

"humiliating" is a useless word. It conveys no meaning in the the getdare community because different people are humiliated by different things.

So don't ask for humiliating dares.

People who flake or don't write detailed dare reports piss me off
linearizationcannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:31 AM   #7
slaveboy32
Distinguished Member

Try as hard as you can to be a female
Old 07-31-2018, 06:25 AM   #8
dirtyhucow

Quote:
Originally Posted by writhe View Post
Thanks very much for this advice--from a newbie, it's well-taken.

A question, though: going through the various posts and dares, I seem to be noticing a lot of ageism on the site: basically the more one gets past 30 years old, it seems, the less chance a posting or request for a dare will get much in the way of responses. Though this is the case with women to a degree as well, it seems even more the case with men.

It's strange, in our culture (and especially in a venue like this, that would seem to be about gaining greater sexual freedom and acceptance), that there should be that kind of ageism going around, especially since a 40-yea-old guy can be every bit as vigorous and fit as a 29-year-old, while it's also certainly possible that a 21 year old guy can still wind up being overweight and smarmy. So why, in this sort of venue, does it seem that dudes past their twenties are de facto excluded from the game?
had to laugh when i've read your post... it seems not to be trendy to be older...

i love my age... (44)... and even i thought about writing "20 f is...."...

i really can't believe that there are only young people here... smiling....
Old 05-16-2019, 07:33 AM   #9
CSasha
Oracle

Very good advice.

For quick dares, I think PM dares help a lot. Even for longer dares, those help to get an insight what works, and a template to modify.

Also, I find persistence highly important. If I see a post of a new user, I most likely don't reply. Having no avatar, no history like replies or comments increase that chance. Bump up replies even more.

I also recommend replying frequently to dares in your thread. Do you have any issues with the given dare? Tell us that and explain why! You don't have? So tell us that and when you are going to complete the dare and write a report. Consider writing it in a public getDare blog entry. So more people see it, can read and enjoy it, and it adds to your history.

Care to write decent reports! Why should people care to dare you if you don't care to reply?
Care for spelling, readability and clarity. Dyslexia or horniness are both no excuse to not care for such. There are programs and people to help you with feedback and advice.
If you are too horny to be patient, just read other dares and reports, get off on them and then come back with patience.

On the sex and age point, I personally don't care. If at all, location is more important for culture, laws, and time zone. Likes, Dislikes, Limits, Toys, restrictions due to time, location and situation are way more important.

Looking for some kinky roulette?

My Likes and Limits short list

My pronouns are it/its

If you spam me disrespecting my profile, or grammar, or spelling, or asking for play or relationship without previous context, punch your genitals 20 times as hard as you can.
CSasha is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to CSasha for this post:
Old 05-17-2019, 05:54 PM   #10
SilverBlue

Eye Just my opinion but;

I also think people should limit messaging randomly (spamming) for dares. I don't mind if it's someone I've already interacted with, but a "Can you give me some dares, if not sorry" even if you apologise in your first email, it's still rude, especially if they haven't got anything in their bio to go on.

The Truth or Dare Online has some interesting ones, I think people should submit more interesting dares there if possible.

Fucktoy Dare reports Snapchat profile: -. Likes & Dislikes. Only on Getdare + Snapchat (accept no imitations!)
SilverBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk