Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2009, 01:33 AM   #1
Unseen9

Default La Fleur De Ma Vie

Chapter 1

"Alright let's get down to business everyone. Kathleen if you would sit at that end, Jay sit over there. Good, we can begin." My lawyer then took a seat next to me. "Well we all know why we are here. Kat if you and Mr. Bennison could look over the settlement one last time. We will do the same."

Mr. Bennison grabbed the papers from my lawyer and began to peruse over them with Kat.

I shoved my hands in my pockets and leaned back in my chair. My lawyer fumbled around and took something out of his briefcase. Another large stack of papers. The nonsense continues it would seem. He pulled out a pen and started muttering legal nonsense in my direction carefully pointing to each part of the settlement.

He whispered into the desk, "The apartment and its furnishing will remain in Kat's house... alright still OK with that bud?" He didn't even look up. I just stared at the ceiling examining the intricate patterns of plastering done. A fleur de lis conquered the main part of the dome...

"...of course, you do get to keep your car." My lawyer looked at me still staring at the ceiling. "Jay are you even listening?"

"Sorry Gats, just staring at the ceiling."

"Right, please pay attention and let's get through this."

"I love you."

"Jay."

Kat moaned.

"Jay!"

He thrust into her again. Sounds of pleasure escaped them both. "I... love... you." She said again. The sounds of pleasure echoing from the room were ceaseless.

I felt a tap on my shoulder from Gats. "Alright... you just want to do this?"

I jumped out of my thoughts and looked back at my friend. "Yeah."

Gats cleared his throat and spoke towards Kat and her lawyer. "Is there anything else to discuss here? The settlement I hope is favorable."

"We have no objections. Where do we sign?" Kat's lawyer asked.

Gats then showed them where to sign. Kat's lawyer signed and then she leaned over the desk and scribbled her name onto the piece of paper. Gats then signed and turned the paper over to me.

I scanned over the page examining Kat's extravagant signature: Kathleen E. Genet. I got down to the line where I had to sign. Well, here I go. I signed: Jay T. Benson.

It was done.

It seemed the sounds reached a plateau and then exhaustion could be heard on their voices. I receded from the door.

I put the pen down. I looked at Kat and said, "There." What do you say? She smirked and fumbled around in her purse. Kat pulled a small tube of chapstick. She turned from the table and applied the chapstick.

She rubbed her lips together and without turning responded, "Yeah. Well, good bye." Without even taking another look at me she stood up and walked out of the room. Her lawyer left behind shook hands with Gats and followed her out.

As I quietly turned away from the room I heard an even louder cry of pleasure. The thought of what I just heard killed me. Walking away I started to cry. I tore the ring off my finger and laid it on the table outside her door. I snuck back out of our house and into the night.

Gats sat down next to me in the court-house without saying a word. I let out an extremely large sigh. Gats tried to hold back a chuckle but I could hear it. I shot him a look.

"Jay... she wasn't right for you." I merely blinked. "Well I'll talk to you later. Call me and we'll go drinking OK?"

"Yeah, sure." Gats stood up and walked out. I was alone. First time in 5 years I was alone. I was single 22 years, married 5. I've been single again for 2 minutes.

It's a helluva world out there to be by yourself. Kat was my life. But... well. Damnit. Damn everyone. Damn Gats to-my best man... my lawyer... my friend. Why didn't he tell me this would happen?

-------------------

I was walking down the steps out of the court house. I stopped and turned around, there was another fleur de lis on the archway leading inside. I began to cry again. I just sat on the steps and said "Damn" to myself over and over again...

I turned the key in the ignition and slammed my hands against the wheel. I turned back to the house and I could see a light turn on in the bedroom. As I drove away for miles I thought I could see the light in my mirrors.

I swear as I drove away I could see that damn fleur de lis for miles.

To be continued

Last edited by Unseen9; 08-07-2009 at 01:36 AM.
Unseen9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk