Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 04-26-2010, 08:25 AM   #1
GoldDaddy

Send a message via Yahoo to GoldDaddy
Exclamation It's Just Polite!

So, I know I'm slightly outside the average GetDare demographic, but I have noticed that people don't always reply to messages. If someone takes the trouble to send a note to someone else, isn't it just POLITE to send a reply.

The thing is, that very often GD members don't bother to fill in even the simplest details about themselves. If they did so, they might possibly find they weren't bothered by so many random messages which are of no interest to them whatsoever.

On this point, a search system where members could seek out others with similar interests, seems like an excellent idea. Or does such a thing exist, and I've just missed it.

In the meantime, why not show some common courtesy. LIKE I SAY, IT'S JUST GOOD MANNERS.

Last edited by GoldDaddy; 04-27-2010 at 11:18 AM.
GoldDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:39 AM   #2
Star Shadows
Prodigy

I do understand what you mean, however I feel a lot of the time people have a lot of other things on their mind at the same time, so it's difficult to keep up. especially if you aren't too brilliant at multitasking (guilty) I will spend a lot of time away from windows.

As for the search thing, it is a good idea however it will be a lot of work to set up and once again it depends on how willing people are to fill in the relevant information, plus my interests change like the weather and I know a lot of people are the same

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:42 AM   #3
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

I don't reply to messages, but only ones along the lines of:

wil u b mi miztres????

Or even well written messages asking me to be a mistress or a slave, my information is clearly on my profile that I'm 15, yet I still get these messages, I'll usually reply to point that out.
Unfortunately I think it just happens because some people can't seem to get that not everyone wants them as a slave.
And maybe if you are sending messages which people don't like because their profile was not marked properly or any of that, try only PMing them about S/M if they have made an ad and are asking for PMs.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:46 AM   #4
Mere
Account Banned

Well I just reply..unless I sense that the person PMing is just passing his/her time, for nothing.
PS: I'm polite too...!!

I dominate.
.. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]♔
Mere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #5
lokelake
getDare Succubus

I reply to all PMs unless I get some that asks for me to give them dares or if they want to play tord. If I want to play tord or want to give them dares I will reply, however most of the time almost all of the time I don't want to.
lokelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:42 AM   #6
getDare Sweetheart

I don't reply to most pms with content asking for mistress, slave, or tord. I think most people here don't too. But other wise, I love pms lol.

Man, my penis is so big if I laid it out on a keyboard it'd go all the way from A to Z

Ohhhhsnap.

Hello.
444 <3 Softeyes
and we're in a relationship.
So, advances towards softeyes would very much not be appreciated.
TQTQTQ
444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:57 AM   #7
andrew_b
getDare Cultist (Outer Circle)

Send a message via MSN to andrew_b

I'll generally always reply, since i like meeting new people, the only reason i wouldn't reply would be if it was spam or just a stupid message

My Real Experiences
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=81891

Send me a pm if you want, I'm always up for chatting to people

CHECK OUT MY NEW FICTIONAL STORY "Pushed to Fantasy (On Vacation)" LINK BELOW
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthre...00#post4465100

I've also got snapchat, kik, skype and messenger. If you want to add me just send me a pm and I'll give you my username(s)
andrew_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:00 AM   #8
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

@ Gold Daddy: While I understand that it can be frustrating or disappointing not to get a reply to each messages the thing is that people don't have to. Everyone can choose whether or not they want to... And not everyone use the site to meet or connect with other people, some just want to be private. I even know a few members who don't reply to PMs because they are too shy

Personally, I don't reply to all my PMs because sometimes it would take too much of my free time. Some other PMs are just so painfully stupid that they live me speechless.

I would suggest not to take it too personal or be too disappointed if someone doesn't reply. I'm sure everyone can meet others with similar interests and who are actually interested in communicating with people but just like for everything else it takes a bit of patience and it doesn't always work
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:09 AM   #9
GoldDaddy

I just think it doesn't take much effort to say, "sorry, not interested but thanks for asking".

Sometimes the communication is instigated by the other party - you take the time to reply in length, and then ... zilch! i just think it's rude.

Last edited by GoldDaddy; 04-26-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:12 AM   #10
keykitty
getDare Sweetheart

I got really annoyed really fast when I first joined and found at least 10 messages from randoms asking. There was this one guy who literally did not get the hint and sent me at least 7 of his own (if not more) asking for cam and stuff and its like "HELLO I'M NOT INTERESTED WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!" It gets annoying at some point and sometimes you just feel the need to go *delete* I know it sounds harsh but when you get them often you do get angry
Old 04-26-2010, 11:22 AM   #11
GoldDaddy

That's not what I'm ranting on about. It's when I send ONE polite message to someone, or I reply to a message which someone has posted.

It just takes a few seconds to politely reply. Is it that much to ask?

Last edited by GoldDaddy; 04-26-2010 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 04-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #12
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

I don't think it's really fair for you to say it's impolite or to imply people who don't reply to every PM about dares, daring, S/M requests, asking them to see someone penis or send pictures is "rude". And it happens mostly to females so you may not have experienced it first hand.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #13
GoldDaddy

Betty, you are my favourite person on this site, so I won't argue with you. *deep sigh*

Last edited by GoldDaddy; 04-27-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #14
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post
I don't think it's really fair for you to say it's impolite or to imply people who don't reply to every PM about dares, daring, S/M requests, asking them to see someone penis or send pictures is "rude". And it happens mostly to females so you may not have experienced it first hand.
I agree completely, especially when it happens on a regular basis it gets extremely infuriating. It got to the point about a month ago where it took every bit of self restraint not to just swear at them.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #15
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDaddy View Post
That's not what I'm ranting on about. It's when I send ONE polite message to someone, or I reply to a message which someone has posted.

It just takes a few seconds to politely reply. Is it that much to ask?
I do understand what you're saying but in the end it is someone's personal choice to reply or not. I understand how disappointing and *in some cases* can appear rude to some but the fact of the matter is: this is not something unique to getDare... you'll find that happening everywhere even in real time. Some people respond, some don't, some people disappear... That's life... Isn't it simpler just to move on?

Oh and since this is not really an issue concerning the site itself but more a personal rant I think it's more appropriate in the Lounge so I'll move this there...

Last edited by SubMissChievous; 04-26-2010 at 11:47 AM.
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk