Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 06-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #61
DJDMaster

I completely agree with this post as i am new to being a Dom and only have had one slave for a short point in time he's is right a lot of new Doms think that it's about the power not the experience for me someone who is a sub has all the respect from me I mean if someone is willing to give every once of themselves to someone I think should be more respected then the Dom to have just the courage to do it and if your gonna say your gonna rape her hell I might just shoot him myself if it's gonna save the girl from the displeaser but thats all I'm gonna say on that beforeI get to upset.

Sorry for any miss types I was on my phone while typing this.

Likes-Masturbation, Oral, Public, Edging, Pet Names, Pet Play, Beastiality, Ice play, Bondage (I am still learning so I will add more as I go)

Dislike-Blood, Family (I am still learning so I will add more as I go)

Need to know anything then ask away. http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthrea...838#post808838
DJDMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #62
DomPanman

Default Good Thread

I haven't read the whole thread yet. But off the first page I like what I see. I'm going to take the time to read through the thread completely later.

I just wanted to add. When I first started reading about D/s life, I found a blog that really helped me understand some of the things being discussed. I just wanted to share it with all of you.

http://sistersinsubmission.blogspot....ubmissive.html
DomPanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:04 PM   #63
1timemessy
Baby Member

Cake What authority means

I've read quite a bit of the forum and the stories, so, before I say anything else... Because in a certain type of site I was very well known and I am talking known world-wide, judging from the profiles of SOME people here, it is possible that a few of you may be able to identify who I am from what I may post now or in the future. I would ask that if you know (or think you know) who I am, please don't post it here or anywhere else, even "HEY! are you...?"

On no limits - I've almost exclusive been in a dominant position over girls, usually much younger than me and the one thing I've discovered is that most don't actually know what their limits are. That is something you have to discover between you and those limits are expanded by trust.

Much of my life I've been in positions of authority over others and the first thing I'd like to say is that "With authority comes responsibility."
A D/s relationship is primarily a relationship and if you don't care about the person you are in a relationship with, you have no business being IN that relationship. FULL STOP.
Not caring about the other person isn't D/s, it's abuse (and I don't mean that in an acceptable way).
When you are in the dominant (or Dominant) role, the other person's well-being, physical and mental and sometimes her life, is in your hands. Just because you are Dominant does NOT make your life or your health or your desires more important than hers.
If you put her in a situation, it is YOUR responsibility that she comes out of that situation unharmed even if it means standing between her and a club-full of drunks wanting to abuse her. Even if it means allowing yourself to get beaten up to allow her to escape safely. (Thankfully that last one only happened once. My natural authority was enough to control all other situations even in the most dangerous clubs.)
You'll gather from the last paragraph that I was in a position of authority (i.e. the boss) in an "adult-related" business, actually several. A number of the girls who came to me had previously been seriously abused and needed a LOT of care to rebuild their self-esteem.
Submission isn't, or shouldn't be, a girl who has such low self-esteem that she'll allow you to abuse her because she thinks she doesn't deserve any better. True submission require strength, to willingly place yourself into another's hands, trusting that they will not abuse your trust.
For that reason, years after discontinuing my businesses when my wife died (and yes I was dominant in that relationship too), I still have friendships with some of the girls who I worked with back then.
1timemessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:44 PM   #64
carom
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1timemessy View Post
"With authority comes responsibility."A D/s relationship is primarily a relationship and if you don't care about the person you are in a relationship with, you have no business being IN that relationship. FULL STOP.
Not caring about the other person isn't D/s, it's abuse (and I don't mean that in an acceptable way).

When you are in the dominant (or Dominant) role, the other person's well-being, physical and mental and sometimes her life, is in your hands. Just because you are Dominant does NOT make your life or your health or your desires more important than hers.

Submission isn't, or shouldn't be, a girl who has such low self-esteem that she'll allow you to abuse her because she thinks she doesn't deserve any better. True submission require strength, to willingly place yourself into another's hands, trusting that they will not abuse your trust.
So true and can't be said often enough
carom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:33 AM   #65
MWYC

Thank you for all the work that has gone into this thread. As a fairly new dom it has given me a lot to think about. I had thought about the different roles within the relationship but obviously hadn't thought it all the way through.

Thanks for highlighting these points before I (possibly) hurt someone

Thanks again for all the advice and guidance you have written

MWYC

My Advert

Contact me if this sounds like fun

Likes: Online/public, hearing accounts of completed tasks, good grammar, light bondage, light pain, obedience

Dislikes: txt spk, messy, scat, disobedient subs
MWYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #66
nailo

I admit I skipped a couple pages so this may have been touched.

I have been interested in D/s for many years and done light study over the years, nothing major. But I came across something once that I thought was very interesting. I can't remember how it was phased exactly, but in a nutshell it said something along the lines of this;

"Though the submissive relinquishes control to the dominant member, and for all show is under total subject to their master, it is in actualality the submissive who holds the true power and control in a D/s relationship."

It took me a while to understand this. But I think it is something that should be considered by all who choose to pursue either role.
nailo is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
master, meaning, power, relationships, trust