Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #16
LadyCeleste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjota View Post
I can understand the reasoning behind this, but at the same time i don't think I'd fully support it. Just because someone has experience in a specific field doesn't mean they have skill in it.

For example, someone with two to three years of experience in the field may be a more skilled and knowledgeable dominant than someone with nine or ten years. There's many factors that come into play. There's natural dominance/submission, There's medical and safety knowledge, there's psychological knowledge in how to deal with someone if they become upset. Is this the case all the time? No, but there's far too many factors involved in it to label someone solely based on the time they've put in.

For instance, you could have a a 22 year old Dominant with extensive medical and safety knowledge , who has been dominating for four years and be labeled a newbie, and then you could have the 35 year old dumbient who's ignorant or uncaring and simply because they claim to have more "experience" in it, they would be looked at more favorably than a newbie.

This isn't always the case, obviously, but you see the problem.

I would suggest changing the Master/Slave tags to Dominant and Submissive, seeing as how being a "Master" or a "Slave" is implying certain aspects of a relationship, whereas Dominant and Submissive is more of a personality type; and gives more leeway in a relationship.
A very valid point Nin. I appreciate your response here. I can definitely see where you're coming from on this. I think your suggestion definitely has merit for it just being Dominant or Submissive, but the trouble is that if those are just the two tags, some people will then assume submissive means slave, so there might need to be a distinction between those as well. I think as a whole, that might actually work better than what I had said.

It's definitely something to think about.
I DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN TORD. I AM NOT HERE FOR THAT. DO NOT ASK.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #17
wsedrf69

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollaredBlondie View Post
Yes. Something like this would be good. At the very least, different tags for slave and submissive because they are two totally different things, and I'm not sure that many know that.
I support this idea, it would be nice to be able to see a little more detail in the ad titles. The current terms are just being used to suggest a role rather than clearly define it.

On topic: I suspect the experience ranges are too much given the average age and experience present on the site. I would rather see a beginner tag to compliment beginners welcome (I don't remember seeing one, but I can't check at the moment). I'm not opposed to the idea on principle, but I would prefer to use the dominant/master tags as CollaredBlondie described and find a different way to specify experience.

I don't think that it's important to try and enforce rules about the use of whatever method may be added to provide this information, just making it available is fine. Neither gender nor age are checked, for example.

While we're at it, can we add any alongside dom/sub/switch in the seeking field?

Last edited by wsedrf69; 06-05-2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 06-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #18
fitzy
getDare Sweetheart

i read something like this posted a while ago. http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthrea...ght=gold+badge

this way people would be rewarded by contribution activity reviews and expereince instead of just legal age. it would be hard to set up but with enough support would work

i have been a very naughty boy and deservie to be punished
Old 06-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #19
LadyCeleste

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
i read something like this posted a while ago. http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthrea...ght=gold+badge

this way people would be rewarded by contribution activity reviews and expereince instead of just legal age. it would be hard to set up but with enough support would work
This is something separate than that. What he is suggesting is that people be put into groups, Gold, Silver, Bronze depending on how helpful they are on the boards.

What I'm proposing is a change in how the S/M Ad Tags are structured.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #20
daremaster 1
getDare God

I hope leopord sees this.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:26 AM   #21
wsedrf69

Instead of changing the words, perhaps adding qualifiers would be helpful?

Perhaps the choice should be curious/novice/experienced/expert dom/sub/master/slave/switch. This meets the original request, you can have a "novice dominant" or an "experienced slave", and CollaredBlondie's suggestion with "curious slave" vs "curious sub".
Old 06-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #22
LadyCeleste

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsedrf69 View Post
Instead of changing the words, perhaps adding qualifiers would be helpful?

Perhaps the choice should be curious/novice/experienced/expert dom/sub/master/slave/switch. This meets the original request, you can have a "novice dominant" or an "experienced slave", and CollaredBlondie's suggestion with "curious slave" vs "curious sub".
This is definitely a good addition to what I had suggested, but even still, it is likely that people will still take advantage of the system and a lot of newer people will claim that they are "experienced" when they may not be.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #23
nellybell
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Maybe just don't give them the otion of expert? Maybe not even Expirenced? That way they can't lie their way up, but they can come forward as not having a lot of expirence.

If someone is expirenced and wishes to say so in their ad than they can, but at least they won't get the extra attention and trust of newbies when it is very undeserved.

I do like the idea of the distinction between sub and slave, as well as dominant and master. That way those who are just subs and doms won't be falsely precieved as what they aren't.

There was a nelly,
a very smelly enchanted nelly
sweet as vegemite could be
ahaha just kidding, but still loved just the same <3
Old 08-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #24
LadyCeleste

Now I know it's been a while since some of you have looked at this but I still think it's an issue.

We have these people who are just starting S/M legally IE: 18, 19ish who are calling themselves masters and mistresses.

Instead of what I had suggested before just separate it out.

Dominant (then signify if they are male or female)
Submissive
Slave
Switch

Then be able to signify if they are new to the lifestyle, if they are curious etc.

Perhaps even make it mandatory for them to read through something like "what makes a good dominant" and "what is the difference between submissive and slave." before EVEN BEING ABLE TO POST AN AD.

And those who are posting an ad, it must have several things in it before it is even allowed to be posted. Likes, Dislikes, and Limits. I see SO many threads with "Hi I'm a slave, no limits" and that's IT.

Even better, make it so that in order to post an ad to read the 'top ads' first to know what attracts people.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #25
sweetsong
getDare Succubus

Cool

Isn't it better to leave the lame ads made by lame people, lame?

Otherwise, you dress 'em up and make them sound nice and so some awesome person starts talking to them just to figure out they are lame.

If the ad is just lame, then awesome people don't bother with them.

Saves time.

siggy made by stellz

[03:54:06 PM] jamness: ‹@G.J.› She... kisses and stuff... shes weird.
[03:54:39 PM] G.J.: ‹@jamness› That seems like normal Sweets to me XD
Old 08-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #26
LadyCeleste

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsong View Post
Isn't it better to leave the lame ads made by lame people, lame?

Otherwise, you dress 'em up and make them sound nice and so some awesome person starts talking to them just to figure out they are lame.

If the ad is just lame, then awesome people don't bother with them.

Saves time.
Very true Sweets, but with the lame posts, then all the good ones are ignored and shoved to the bottom of the pile and aren't ever seen.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #27
sweetsong
getDare Succubus

Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCeleste View Post
Very true Sweets, but with the lame posts, then all the good ones are ignored and shoved to the bottom of the pile and aren't ever seen.
True, true. Was it mentioned before that Chloe used to put links to the good ads in a pinned thread so they were easy to find? Need another Chloe-like mod. (:

siggy made by stellz

Old 08-21-2011, 10:29 AM   #28
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsong View Post
True, true. Was it mentioned before that Chloe used to put links to the good ads in a pinned thread so they were easy to find? Need another Chloe-like mod. (:
I could *theoretically* do this, but I feel it is kinda basically what the top ads section is for, its just a little underused and im not entirely sure how to ad to it (and I think its leoplods job anyway- or used to be) would need other modly verdict on this though.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Old 08-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #29
sweetsong
getDare Succubus

Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Shadows View Post
I could *theoretically* do this, but I feel it is kinda basically what the top ads section is for, its just a little underused and im not entirely sure how to ad to it (and I think its leoplods job anyway- or used to be) would need other modly verdict on this though.
I think when Chloe left, it was given to Leo, yes. (:

siggy made by stellz

Old 08-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #30
Star Shadows
Prodigy

top ad post thing went when chloe did yea, and apparently all mods can do top ads, so i prodding leo to tell me how.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Closed Thread