Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 07-23-2009, 05:41 AM   #1
busted
getDare Sweetheart

Ticket Chat bar!!!

What about a chat bar on the bottom right like there is on facebook for example. There on quite a few websites now and i've heard that if you know what your doing its very easy to make. Anyway just an idea
busted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:20 AM   #2
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

That would be pretty cool, so you could chat and browse the forums at the same time.
Though I do, do that anyway with tabs, GOOGLE CHROME!
Up, up and away.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

Last edited by BettyBoop; 07-24-2009 at 05:10 AM.
BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:23 AM   #3
dragonator
getDare Devil

i like that idea a lot lol

i must do any dare that i get as long as this is a part of my signiture
I was dared to post my full erect length. my full erect penis length is 3 inches.
dragonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:29 AM   #4
LittleRayRay
getDare Sweetheart

me too!!!

That would.be.awesome.

So on T or D if people dont like thinking they can just give a topic so you could search for it, and then do that dare.

swweeettt
LittleRayRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:32 AM   #5
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

YouTube did this with its friend feature. It's completely stupid, hardly anyone uses it and it's so annoying. If getDare ever went down this route, there'd best be an option to turn it off.

I don't understand why people can't have the chat minimized or open in a new tab?
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:37 AM   #6
LittleRayRay
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koquillion View Post
YouTube did this with its friend feature. It's completely stupid, hardly anyone uses it and it's so annoying. If getDare ever went down this route, there'd best be an option to turn it off.

I don't understand why people can't have the chat minimized or open in a new tab?

Youtube isn't a friend site. People have friends here,

and, dude..... think... I'd be awesome!! Mwa ha ha.

I always mess up my tab. It goes down to the bottom of my screen and i cant get it back up, im usein chrome. lol.

anyways, felt like baby-non-hash-browns-with-a-side-of-home-cooked-bull-testicles-rant

LittleRayRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:37 AM   #7
dragonator
getDare Devil

lol because my comp is too freaking slow o do both it just wont let me and im sure im not the only one with an old comp but the chat bar at the bottom i think my comp could handle

i must do any dare that i get as long as this is a part of my signiture
I was dared to post my full erect length. my full erect penis length is 3 inches.
dragonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:41 AM   #8
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRayRay View Post

Youtube isn't a friend site. People have friends here,

and, dude..... think... I'd be awesome!! Mwa ha ha.

I always mess up my tab. It goes down to the bottom of my screen and i cant get it back up, im usein chrome. lol.
YouTube is a video sharing website. So it doesn't need a chat feature.
getDare is a Truth or Dare forum (ultimately). It has an adequate chat feature.

I go on YouTube and that bar at the bottom always pisses me off because it's so pointless. I can see how people may use it, but it's still not needed. Hence why I said, if getDare did go down this route, I'd hope there would be an option to turn it off/get rid.

That's the way I see it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonator View Post
lol because my chat is too freaking slow o do both it just wont let me and im sure im not the only one with an old comp but the chat bar at the bottom i think my comp could handle
In my experience, my computer goes really slow when my Facebook bar is active. So I guess it's different for different people.

Also, I just don't want getDare becoming like every other site. Facebook started with the bar, then MySpace copied it, and then YouTube copied it. It's just really naff.
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:43 AM   #9
busted
getDare Sweetheart

Smile

lol someone had to hate my idea lmfao at least most people like the idea for once. And the chat isnt perfect there has been tons of problems with it and there are still some. i even remember depp once saying there had been so many problems with it he was considering making his own one.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:49 AM   #10
jim1984

Send a message via MSN to jim1984

just a thought. but what i usually do is open the chatroom in a seperate tab. therefore i can browse, then switch to chat as needed... nice idea though. facebook chat is very smooth to use
jim1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:13 AM   #11
Coyote
getDare Addict

I like this idea. my old computer used to be too slow to run both at the same time. This would good to have in the future
Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:13 AM   #12
busted
getDare Sweetheart

Bug

The tab thing dosn't really work if you have an old slow computer because if you change the tabs around a bit to quickly the coputer freezes or your borwser shuts down and re-opns on your home page.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:40 AM   #13
CollaredBlondie
getDare Addict

Quote:
If getDare ever went down this route, there'd best be an option to turn it off.
Quote:
In my experience, my computer goes really slow when my Facebook bar is active. So I guess it's different for different people.

Also, I just don't want getDare becoming like every other site. Facebook started with the bar, then MySpace copied it, and then YouTube copied it. It's just really naff.
I'm with Koq on this. If we're going to get this feature, there better be an option to turn it off. Personally, I'd rather we didn't, because Facebook chat is damn stupid.

For all of you with slow computers... Well, that's not anyone else's propblem but your own really. I dont' see why you can't check all new posts, then go on chat and then check the posts again when you log off chat.

23/F/UK
The most fun dare I've ever read: Click me!
I do not give dares.
I do not take dares.
I am not looking for an Owner.
And, seriously, what part of my username suggests that I'm a Domme?!

Any questions? (My 'ask me anything' thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophical
<spice girls> If ya wanna be my master, gotta get in my chat, being a wannabe is easy but I think you're quite a tw... </spice girls>
CollaredBlondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:04 AM   #14
pranadevil
Distinguished Member

I've used Facebook chat to talk with a total of 3 people, all 3 of which are those who either don't use MSN, or who are only on to check facebook, see I'm on, and decide to reply to me there instead of in the message I sent. That's it.

Allt his would do is split the chat up because we couldn't have a full chat like we do at the moment in this "facebook chat" way, so people who actually wish to chat will still need to go in the main one, and eventually the chat at the bottom will be used for a few people to perhaps talk when they can't be bothered to go to the main chat, or (mainly) for fakes and pervs to contact the girls on the board hoping to get their rocks off (ignoring the fact that 99% of the time the "girl" that responds is another bloke doing the same damned thing anyway).

So ultimately, utterly pointless idea, and when actually looking into the workings of it, a ridiculous one at that.
Limits: Illegal activities (underage, bestiality etc.)

Full Day Of Control Dare

Song Contest Thread

Kik is broken
Skype - live:thecruelmaster82
pranadevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:43 AM   #15
maxim
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranadevil View Post
I've used Facebook chat to talk with a total of 3 people, all 3 of which are those who either don't use MSN, or who are only on to check facebook, see I'm on, and decide to reply to me there instead of in the message I sent. That's it.

Allt his would do is split the chat up because we couldn't have a full chat like we do at the moment in this "facebook chat" way, so people who actually wish to chat will still need to go in the main one, and eventually the chat at the bottom will be used for a few people to perhaps talk when they can't be bothered to go to the main chat, or (mainly) for fakes and pervs to contact the girls on the board hoping to get their rocks off (ignoring the fact that 99% of the time the "girl" that responds is another bloke doing the same damned thing anyway).

So ultimately, utterly pointless idea, and when actually looking into the workings of it, a ridiculous one at that.

Well to fix that you could only chat with people you are buddys with and that way pervs don't come a acroos

Overall a great idea I would like to see this happen! But otheres don't so go figure